• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 55

G

galefan2004

The big part of Pub 55 is the event content - we haven't talked about it much yet, but it's quite big.
Like OMG. Are we going to get Melissa 2 and Vanguards 2 at the same time. EA really needs to really learn to stop making claims like this because they claim the same thing about every single publish and every single part of the event arc and the vast majority of the community has been bored with the events all year. To put it simply, if you are going to claim before every publish that big uber things are going to come in the publish and they never do then you really shouldn't claim that next time. Have you ever read the story of the boy that cried wolf?

G

galefan2004

at a 45 degree angle...

Uo's graphics don't lend themselves well to screenshots in today's market. KR needs to be a success before it's a universally marketable product again. I realize UO is awesome because graphics aren't necessary to have a great game. A lot of gamers don't...
They sure the hell help. I have made the claim that graphics don't matter many times in the past, but in the end I really do have to say that one of the reasons I like WoW is the emersion effect, and I really don't think I would feel that way about the game if it wasn't for very well done graphics (for the look they are trying to accomplish).

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub55 and 56 are supposedly put together into one large bundle.
This by no means indicates it will be a potent bundle, coming from EA.

I also am starting to think the "weapon rebalance" has come to a halt or is dumped already and won't be included.
Nor am I so optimistic as to expect Stygian Abyss mentioned.

In fact I'm pretty certain the Town Hall will be another farce and our anticipation will only be reward with a load of bull or useless information hidden within misleading words.

This is EA.

D

Der Rock

hm..
the game is in an alarming condition, so we need urgently
what???
...................15 new plants
LOL

hmm no working "attack last" macro in kr, but 15 brand new plants,
so so, they listen to the playerbase

spring cleaning, at first sounds good, in the end all items are worthless,

only during events u see some player together,rest of time the game is dead..
what big news will come next weekend??
i fear nothing what changes the status quo of the game...

SA ?
if they annonce the releae of SA.. for what reason?
there are NO buyers for..(even if SA is for free, there are not enough player)

i only play these days, because of the playermade UI for kr, here and there an houre, but the time this game hold me on the computer are long gone..
sad but true,

it is ridiculous how they make everytime such a BIG secret about puplishes and townhalls

i think when warhammer goes online, uo is only history

R

RenaLynne

Can we at least wait and see before you start trashing it? It was also said that new plants is one of the smaller things included in the new publish.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's another thing that makes me think it is going to be big. They are waiting for a TownHall to announce it.

Edit: Im a gud spelr
Yes, probably to say that they are shutting down UO...you know what they say about your biggest fear....:stir:
LOL I don't think that will happen this weekend.
They are saving that announcement for the Austin Townhall, to end it where it began so long ago :)

:sad4:

W

Warrior of Time

I would like to see the end of the trash collecting swing right into the rebuilding of Magencia. Along with new plants that can only be found there being grown by players.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Event was to lead up to the release of UO:SA. Could we in fact be nearing the END of the event and the release of SA? If marketing is involved it could be?

T

Thrand Graywolf

So maybe, all the doom and gloom here on the boards
will finally stop, or at least slow down.:)
Never. There was doom and gloom the day they turned the first server on.

W

Warrior of Time

Well lets look at a few things.
The gate there is broken. They have been testing one way gates for months. Look at the one in Zento to the brit castle. It is 1 way.
There is a strange tile in Yew that has an energy field around it.
Magencia was destroyed and will be rebuilt. (Will the next collections be for wood and ingots?)
UO:SA is to come out soon. Hopefully before Christmas. (If a marketer)
There are several places that new gates can also be placed. One may even be placed in Haven /Ocelo
When the new city is built {I} think the stage will be set for OU:SA

We have been told that we can't do like we did with the elf. (Go from human to gargoyal) Given a 7th slot.

We have seen some of the (ugh) art that may be used. (I want to see them stick sandles on old 3 toes)

They have a long list of things that KR will be fixed soon if not the next patch. (Some of them will most likely be released in 56)

I think the rebuilding of Magencia will possably be the largest even since it was destroyed.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless they'res a boat load of KR fixes (yeah right) then it's another wasted publish. Prolly some more event crap, some random pixel crack, a nerf or 2, and some new plants.

Yeah. Good job, guys. Way to advance the game!

B

BartofCats

"How big is it?

It is so big that...." (even they dont know whats going to be in it)

Sorry it had to be said. Plants i could have lived without. They are not gamestopping. Fixxing up the holes in the game... such as the dupes, cheats, bugs, now we are talkin.

I wont be going to town hall except on the whispering rose site. All i can say is the anticipation better be well worth the wait.

W

Warrior of Time

Well just for fun lets put some dates on this.
Nov. 28
Largest shopping day of the year.
They need it finished at least 1 month before that to let people see what it is like and want it.
We also have Sept. UO anniveresry.
UO:KR needs to be running smooth 85 to 90% bug free {Tall order.}
All events need to be finished to get ready for UO:SA to come out.
Need time for advanced sales and other promotions.

That gives a follow up month to get feed back. Town Hall is the best place to get feedback and market sampling.

Between Sept. 15 and Oct. 28. it must be out. You need something public going. Miss Nov. 28 and you just as well wait another year. Christmas season will be shot.

May I suggest something will happen and soon.

A

AesSedai

Warrior of Time,
You know your acronym WoT is the same as Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time?
I bet you do.
I've only so-far skimmed a few of your posts, but I find myself in agreement with what I've read so far.
:)

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me get this straight. P55 was mostly about more Events?.. .. .
You made it sound like it was going to actually FIX something. Balance something. I dunno. . . .

And you've said that P56 also has a lot of stuff in it or am I mistaken? So who knows what you mean by that Jeremy.. Yadda yadda, blah blah.

:sad4:

I guess I was expecting this and I don't mean to say people who enjoy Events shouldn't have fun. But... Oh FFS nevermind. I said so myself, this is EA.

C

Connor_Graham

"Due to the dupes being rampant on all shards since AoS we are going back to the pre-AoS system."

FIXED...and I might actually bother to log into the game again if they did that.
If you're not logging into the game, why are you here commenting on it? Why would you care since it's obvious UO is NEVER going back to pre-AoS?

Go away and play WoW.

You and your 8-posts-in-a-row-because-you-don't-know-how-to-quote-in-a single-post self.

Please.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a harsh statement Connor. I no longer log into the game either but i still care about it because i do hope to play again one day.

F

Flora Green

Plants i could have lived without. They are not gamestopping.
At the moment all I DO in game is grow plants and run my shop. *I* could live without the plants (save for the cocoa trees ONLY which were long promised) considering the poor way they are being implemented. I would much rather have other things worked on or Yeah! the rebuilding of Magincia. As hard as it is for me to say, I would have gladly waited months longer for 15 new plants if they were done correctly. There ARE more important things.

C

Connor_Graham

Thats a harsh statement Connor. I no longer log into the game either but i still care about it because i do hope to play again one day.
The difference is that you don't come here every day and make 8-10 posts per thread (all in a row), bashing UO in nearly every one of them, then say how much better WoW is. He does, and it does get old very quickly. If he has so much hatred for the game, and feels WoW is so much better, then he should just stick with WoW and leave UO to those of us that still want to play it.

T

The Home Guild

The difference is that you don't come here every day and make 8-10 posts per thread (all in a row), bashing UO in nearly every one of them, then say how much better WoW is. He does, and it does get old very quickly. If he has so much hatred for the game, and feels WoW is so much better, then he should just stick with WoW and leave UO to those of us that still want to play it.
Tough guy talking smack yet again to another poster.
My posts in other thread points to my theroy being correct.

I have yet to see a useful comment left by you.

S

Sarphus

Tough guy talking smack yet again to another poster.
My posts in other thread points to my theroy being correct.

I have yet to see a useful comment left by you.
I think he's just tired of trolls who play other games coming here to whine about UO when they don't even play it.

That's just my take...

I'm kinda with connor on this one. If you don't play UO, you don't really have a whole lot of cause to complain. Why would changes in a game you don't play effect you? Maybe I'm missing something...

S

Sarphus

This whole thing is really amusing for me. I will be called a fool for believing that we really will have something big in the town hall, but this town hall happens to fall on a really inconvenient time for me personally. They caught me mid-move irl, so I'm actually going to have to take my laptop to a coffee shop just to see what happened lol

all this said, I still believe people will complain. I think this because some people will complain no matter what is done. Even the coolest possible event content will trigger complaints...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SA can't possibly be coming out anytime soon. No beta testing?
They can, however, announce plans for it. Then we will be hanging on just a little longer. What's another year? *grumble*

This "huge" announcement will be.....
Innu will stop spewing her nonsense in Moonglow.
Nerf
Turning off Spring cleaning.
Happy 11th anniversary!

S

Sarphus

SA can't possibly be coming out anytime soon. No beta testing?
They can, however, announce plans for it. Then we will be hanging on just a little longer. What's another year? *grumble*

This "huge" announcement will be.....
Innu will stop spewing her nonsense in Moonglow.
Nerf
Turning off Spring cleaning.
Happy 11th anniversary!
I agree with you for the most part.

I think pub 55 will include anniv stuff, event stuff, balancing changes, bug fixes and possibly a planned date for SA to enter beta.

D

Deb

I agree with you for the most part.

I think pub 55 will include anniv stuff, event stuff, balancing changes, bug fixes and possibly a planned date for SA to enter beta.
Which if this is the case, pub 55 will be pretty full.:D
I would like to some news on SA as well.

C

CroakerTnT

I'm excited about the ROT changes!

I might just start fishing!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something just hit me....

If this publish is going to be big and filled with event content, does this mean that it will be a long time before the next publish or the next change in event content?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is not in any stores, and it not marketed anywhere. The only people who go to townhall meetings are those that just happen to live around the area, and for a lack of a better term, are die hard UO fans. So, what advantage does making an announcement at a town Hall meeting vs just posting it on the main UO page does it give EA?

99.9% of the player base could care less what means is used to post announcements or changes to the game. To know what you are going to do, and then to say you have to wait for us to announce it at the town hall, instead of just posting it, serves what purpose?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course it's not marketed in stores, duh, the graphics are a joke. Contents great, but dated art, very dated.....and, with today's up and coming brats, I mean "gamers" art is important.

Look at the masses who cried about quitting if they dumped the glorious 2D.

Town halls, what do you expect?? Realistically, would you drive hundreds of miles to attend a meeting for an online game?? I repeat, a GAME.

Announcements: it serves their purpose, not yours......don't like it, don't play.

Last, but definitely not least......EA/Mythic....their mode of concern per UO is a bright indicator of future treatment to players of Dark Age of Camelot and the new one, Warhammer....until that changes, I WILL NOT invest in another game, or product.

:gun:EA/Mythic customer care.:loser:

L

Lord Kynd

That's another thing that makes me think it is going to be big. They are waiting for a TownHall to announce it.

Edit: Im a gud spelr
yah but i don't think it's right to introduce/tell only a handfull of people at a townhall.
when does the rest of the world get to know ?
and do townhallers get special insider info ? not that that would be fair to past or future townhalls.

D

Deb

Since WRR is going to be at this townhall, I am sure we will know as
soon as they do.