• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 55

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So from the couple of comments from Jeremy that I have read I am starting to think this might be a pretty big publish change and bug fix wise. Most likely I am just being an optimist. But have there been any other clues besides the plants (I could care less about the plants). But with plants being a minor part of the publish I am kind of excited about this next one. Any thoughts speculations (Developers any hints?)

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's another thing that makes me think it is going to be big. They are waiting for a TownHall to announce it.

Edit: Im a gud spelr

S

Sarphus

There has to be more to it than the plants. They wouldn't have bumped the pub back in the schedule for plants alone.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Due to the dupes that are running rampent on all shards we are going to revert all servers back 2 years."

"Due to the rampent dupes on all shards, we are going to do a gold wipe on all servers, and at the same time introduce a new money system... old checks and money stacks will be turned into fireworks wands with 1 charge. Hope this is good for everyone"

Or some very bad news... kekeekek... Of course even doing that wont work though heh.

D

Deb

I think the new plants are a VERY small part of Pub 55...the pushing
back of it if I remember correctly is that they are adding some of
Pub 56 to it. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

I am going out on a limb here and say that I think all the silence is due
to something really big is going to happen, especially since the marketing
team is involved. So maybe, all the doom and gloom here on the boards
will finally stop, or at least slow down.:)

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this whole waiting for the town meeting scares me. Is this not labor day weekend would not it have made more sense to put it on test thur and let us have fun over the long weekend. we are now probably if they hold of till after the town hall not see it on test till the 3rd or 4th and not on origin till 9th and maybe if everything goes right the 11th worldwide so unless i nuts another 2 weeks. please tell me i am crazy here someone.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow if we are talking marketing that would mean anniversary then we might not see it till 24th hehe another delay grrr

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MOre likely....the hush hush is cause they aren't doin anything special and all attention is towards Warhammer Online since they just hit beta and all the programmers are working on that? Just my bit of optomism :gun:

L

love2winalot

UO is not in any stores, and it not marketed anywhere. The only people who go to townhall meetings are those that just happen to live around the area, and for a lack of a better term, are die hard UO fans. So, what advantage does making an announcement at a town Hall meeting vs just posting it on the main UO page does it give EA?

99.9% of the player base could care less what means is used to post announcements or changes to the game. To know what you are going to do, and then to say you have to wait for us to announce it at the town hall, instead of just posting it, serves what purpose?

S

Sarphus

MOre likely....the hush hush is cause they aren't doin anything special and all attention is towards Warhammer Online since they just hit beta and all the programmers are working on that? Just my bit of optomism :gun:
You suck at optimism

S

Sarphus

I think the new plants are a VERY small part of Pub 55...the pushing
back of it if I remember correctly is that they are adding some of
Pub 56 to it. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

I am going out on a limb here and say that I think all the silence is due
to something really big is going to happen, especially since the marketing
team is involved. So maybe, all the doom and gloom here on the boards
will finally stop, or at least slow down.:)
You did indeed read that. They bumped back 55 and added content to it. They wanted to make 55 cooler than it was. As I understand it, they decided that pub 55 wasn't epic enough to satisfy their intended goal, so they bumped it back and increased its epicness.

S

Sarphus

UO is not in any stores, and it not marketed anywhere. The only people who go to townhall meetings are those that just happen to live around the area, and for a lack of a better term, are die hard UO fans. So, what advantage does making an announcement at a town Hall meeting vs just posting it on the main UO page does it give EA?

99.9% of the player base could care less what means is used to post announcements or changes to the game. To know what you are going to do, and then to say you have to wait for us to announce it at the town hall, instead of just posting it, serves what purpose?
The only real advantage is that it's more fun to do it at a townhall meeting. Players like being able to have direct interaction with devs. I went to one townhall meeting, and it was really nice to be able to ask devs specific questions even when they couldn't always answer the questions.

I'm not saying townhalls are great, but I can say I enjoyed it and will probably go to another one. Then again, I'm a die hard fan.

U

UltimaSword

I'd like going to a townhall meeting if it was near me and college and work permitted lol.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh yes, I'd love to go to a Town Hall and have them say "we can't talk about that right now" or "we like fire" straight to my face instead of over text.

S

Sarphus

Oh yes, I'd love to go to a Town Hall and have them say "we can't talk about that right now" or "we like fire" straight to my face instead of over text.
It's much better in person.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see something huge happen because i am not playing now because i was not satisfied with the game and how things are being done. Making major changes would bring back alot of people. I hope they do whats best for the game and community and stop catering to the people who are destroying it.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Soon" and "Not on the radar" sounds so much better in person too.

J

Jeremy

The big part of Pub 55 is the event content - we haven't talked about it much yet, but it's quite big.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How big is it?

It is so big that.... (fill in the blank):D

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big part of Pub 55 is the event content - we haven't talked about it much yet, but it's quite big.

is it bigger than a breadbox?:coco:

seriously though I do appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this event.however slow it may appear in between the arcs it is still appreciated and understood.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Nail, meet hammer head!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Event content leading up to what? If we had EMs back or something remotely similar, we'd have all the new event content we could ask for. Has this game really come down to this? When's the next randomly meaningless storyline with more items for those that log in at server up and pound away at it all day and night?

S

Sarphus

Nail, meet hammer head!

at a 45 degree angle...

Uo's graphics don't lend themselves well to screenshots in today's market. KR needs to be a success before it's a universally marketable product again. I realize UO is awesome because graphics aren't necessary to have a great game. A lot of gamers don't...

X

xempathy

"The big part of Pub 55 is the event content - we haven't talked about it much yet, but it's quite big."

So we're not looking at any kind of news on expansions or even that we're going to have boxes on shelves soon?

A

AtlanteanAngel

Methinks, henceforth, the dancing broccoli gif should be replaced by this one ---->

U

ultima online

not the bear NOOOOO not the bear!

it should be replaced with this ----->

or this ------->

F

Farscape

lets wait and see just like pub 16 a long time ago:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I

Infiniti

That's another thing that makes me think it is going to be big. They are waiting for a TownHall to announce it.

Edit: Im a gud spelr
Yes, probably to say that they are shutting down UO...you know what they say about your biggest fear....:stir:

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is the Town hall,:scholar:

Dev Team, What is the new epic content supose to be released this week? Sorry but we like fire and cannot talk about it right now you have to wait and attent the next town hall meeting to get any information of revilance.
:scholar:

S

Sarphus

here is the Town hall,:scholar:

Dev Team, What is the new epic content supose to be released this week? Sorry but we like fire and cannot talk about it right now you have to wait and attent the next town hall meeting to get any information of revilance.
:scholar:
I have a feeling you're going to look really silly in < 1 week. Whether you also feel silly is up to you.

:danceb:

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling you're going to look really silly in < 1 week. Whether you also feel silly is up to you.

:danceb:
hey im predicting that based on the last couple town hall meeting which I listened to on the radio, for a company who have proven to do the same thing time and time over again, to suddenly change and actually give out information when history shows that it does not say anything other than something big is comeing up that turns out to be a day or 2 of content, or trammel is not a mirror of Felucca, how about one of the most recent ban the traders and not the creator of items, Well track records speak for themselfs.

There was supose to be some good information saved from a farce on friday, so there would be thunder at the san diego town hall meeting, it actually turned out to be a fizzle. I am also predicting another farce on friday so not to steal the thunder from the next town hall meeting, im going on past, and predict another fizzle, and *looks up to the gods* I hope I am wrong and information is actually shared.

Remember spring was supose to be something epic, and then moved to late summer as a more realistic time frame, with warhammer being tested now, im going to predict that the epic events being pushed back to winter 2008, again I hope I am wrong, but as a betting man, I have to go with past actions adn bet against anyhting of importance being stated or shared

Lets not start on the release of Styginan Abyss

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey remember that a plant need 10 days to grown... so if something is wrong they must try again and there are another 10 days... publish 55 will be only for plants! enjoy the new carnivores plant that can istant kill you when you are at home!

G

galefan2004

They claimed the same thing before the last town hall too, and all it consisted of was a bunch of stupid stuff people already knew and promises that more information would come "soon". Other than that it was mostly EA saying they couldn't comment on anything.

Don't put a lot of credit into them actually delivering information in a town hall because all they have proven to be about in the past is placating players into keeping their subscriptions active while waiting for the next big thing.

G

galefan2004

"Due to the dupes that are running rampent on all shards we are going to revert all servers back 2 years."
"Due to the dupes being rampant on all shards since AoS we are going back to the pre-AoS system."

FIXED...and I might actually bother to log into the game again if they did that.

G

galefan2004

especially since the marketing
team is involved.
Please remember that marketing team works for all of the games EA/Mythic puts out and not just one. It is possible that the only reason the marketing team is involved is to hype WAR which comes out next month.

G

galefan2004

WAR did not just hit beta. WAR just hit OPEN beta. WAR is being released on Septemember 16th (I believe its the 16th).

G

galefan2004

The only real advantage is that it's more fun to do it at a townhall meeting. Players like being able to have direct interaction with devs. I went to one townhall meeting, and it was really nice to be able to ask devs specific questions even when they couldn't always answer the questions.

I'm not saying townhalls are great, but I can say I enjoyed it and will probably go to another one. Then again, I'm a die hard fan.
I would be thrown out of a town hall because the only question I would actually ask is when they are going to stop feeding us bull and keeping us in the dark. Seriously, after trying to stay optimistic for about 8 years, I have gotten to the point that I believe nothing that these people say, and I am very tired of hearing that it will come when it never does.