• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public lockpicking house ?

• Thread starter Cat Crimson
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cat Crimson

Hi there

I am posting on behalf of a friend who has just returned to UO and Drach after a few years but is too much of a Luddite to post on the forums. He wants to make a T hunter again and can't find any public lockpicking houses on Drach. Anyone know of any ? I've already looked on the T hunter forum, nothing for Drach.

I have already directed him to a couple of rune libraries for town and dungeon locations. I don't have a GM tinker so can't make GM boxes and don't have the time to start working a tink/carp to supply him with the varied levels.

Thanks in advance.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of us can make those locked boxes to train on. Take him to the Satyrs and let them discord him. Very easy and faster to train his lockpicking skills up.

C

Cat Crimson

I personally have only ever worked up one lockpicker and I did it wandering around towns and dungeons. I am not a fan of the tinkered boxes method personally but find it sad there are no public lockpick houses on Drach these days. He likes that method and wanted to do it that way but eh. I'm going to advise him to do dungeon/town box methods because the logistics of explaining the Satyrs method to him will drive me crazy. I don't have the time to take him there myself because I'm in the middle of a long period of illness where I cannot sit up to the PC for long without being in a lot of pain.

Thanks anyway.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don'T need a lot of boxes anymore these days, you can gain on the same box over and over again.

one box from a tinker with 30 skill
one box from a tinker with 70 skill
one box from a grandmaster tinker

Should take you to 95, from there use paragon chest.

That's why there aren't any public lockpick houses anymore.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can provide the GM box for your friend, I think that the 30 tinker skill can also be a NPC vendor one (tell me if i'm wrong).
Can't do anything about the 75 tinker though, sorry

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's really easy to get all the 3 boxes from a grandmaster tinker in mere minutes.

1. Craft a GM box
2. Go to the Twisted Weald, get discorded by a satyr. Your Tinkering will drop down to little over 70. Craft a box.
3. Put Tinkering on a Soulstone, buy 30 Tinkering from a NPC. Craft a box.