• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Harrower: Wednesday the 10th of September at 7:45 pm EST

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

the EBay Alliance will be hosting yet another harrower this comming Wednesday night at 7:45 pm EST.

Thus far, not a single guild has come close to hampering our events. Where HOT has failed throughout the years, we have succeeded.

JC publically threatened to put an end to our events but it's clear the second biggest guild in UO is no match to our alliance.

Should you have any questions, please ICQ me at 179419409.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You brought the end of the events yourselves by crashing us while we kept away from your "event".

D

Draken-Korin

Having played UO for 10 years I have to admit I respect the amount of passion that both of you show for the game and the world of Sosaria.

That being said when I read either of your posts (not all but a good amount, the majority of which are geared toward each other) I wonder how the hell old the both of you are?

Depending on your generation I would think a good ruler over the knuckles, detention, or a "time out" are in order for the both of you more often than not.

D

Draken-Korin

I do miss the days that friendly rivals were around each corner of the lands of Sosaria. Good to see you both continue to hold a candle for that style of gamesmanship, however dim it may be.

I applaud you both.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this in same fashion as the last two, with bringing blues..... or is it a free for all? Just checkin:)

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same style as the last 2.

We will be defending players from HOT, CoW and LUB.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I've noticed that the recruiting strategies of certain guilds lately have been quantity over quality. It seems like H*T is growing exponentially and it's becoming very difficult to combat the zerg.

My own guild has seen this time in and time out as of late. There are many times where we have four players together fighting literally 8-11 H*T (sometimes more!). It's difficult, to say the least.

We put up a damn good fight, but are eventually put down by overwhelming odds. I literally have screen-shots of 4 vs. 9 battles. It's just INSANE.

If you have to fight with double (or more) players, chances are you will get kills absolutely, but have very little in the way of bragging rights.

As was seen with the public role-playing massacre in Fel the other weekend, you will need to seek the permission of the larger, bloated zerg guilds of the shard or ensure proper defenses.

Perhaps one should hire the Hell's Angels for protection, as did the Rolling Stones at Altamont.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can just come to our events where we can keep zerg guilds like JC's at bay =)

Then again, with all the smack talk JC did, I honestly expect HOT to give us a good fight tonight.

Everyone should attend though. Be sure to be on time, it may go quickly!

G

Gellor

Thanks for the fun time guys.

Definitely an experience having a big old free for all for the most part. Especially after being used to single guild harry's for years.

And thanks for the blasted heart attack. I always HATE seeing reds running toward a champ with efields and stone walls going up.:blushing:

Coming from the west coast, the lag wasn't as bad as I expected. Just a little chop but not bad considering all the people.

Wish I had a char who could have helped with the fake but all I have there is my alchy stealth archer:sad4: But with that said, I won a 10 stat:bowdown:

S

Slopp

thank you ebay alliance for the harrower and protection! was so much fun.

S

Slopp

LUB! hiding in Fire looking for unsuspecting players to gank. Some were Clearly Ganked!

Harrower in Hyloth, it was more like MSI vs. Harrower. They really stepped up.
and look! George W. Bush was there!

After the harrower, ebay alliance guarding entrance. It was nice not having to run from them.

Afterwards I decided to head to WBB and witnessed this mess.

unfortunately I didn't get any scrolls but still had a blast!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had a lot of fun doing it. Probably more fun than raiding a Harrower that VIP busts out 30 people to defend like they did some weeks ago.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that anything you say is true but didn't HOT field 24+ for a regular night at Despise.

Can the 2nd biggest guild in UO really complain about numbers?

A

AmanitaMuscaria

What do you expect when the only entrance requirement is that you have a pulse and an Internet connection... that's all it takes to get in. If you can train a chimp to post an on-line application, he's in.

It's Quantity over Quality for sure. It was a BIG guild when I was in (or so we thought) and we'd charge into Despise with twice the numbers of VIP and walk out as ghosts on a routine basis, due to poor leadership.

Council members always blamed it on these "super secret hacks" that VIP would run, but it was quite obvious that we were just outclassed. The stories of exploits we were told was just a tactic by "management" to mitigate the degradation in morale that would ensue after beat down after beat down.

I'm still trying to rebuild my self-esteem from those horrible losses.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Two largest guilds (on ATL), as taken from UO.com:

1. The Syndicate Atlantic 343
2. HOT Atlantic 321

Wow!! 321 members? The question posed is this: How often do you win? Why is it that V-C routinely beats down your members, until eventually we are overrun by the Zerg of wave-after-wave of archers and tamers? Can you really be proud of having an entrance policy with no requirements whatsoever?

As far as I'm concerned, you can NEVER brag about any wins over any group. How can you post your "victories" when your bragging about wins over guilds with 30-40 people, which are the ones that are your main competition? You outnumber everyone else 8-1 (or more) and still walk away in ghost form.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Two largest guilds (on ATL), as taken from UO.com:

1. The Syndicate Atlantic 343
2. HOT Atlantic 321

Wow!! 321 members? The question posed is this: How often do you win? Why is it that V-C routinely beats down your members, until eventually we are overrun by the Zerg of wave-after-wave of archers and tamers? Can you really be proud of having an entrance policy with no requirements whatsoever?

As far as I'm concerned, you can NEVER brag about any wins over any group. How can you post your "victories" when your bragging about wins over guilds with 30-40 people, which are the ones that are your main competition? You outnumber everyone else 8-1 (or more) and still walk away in ghost form.
And of the 300+ numbers, about 2% are actually red characters who will leave a guard zone...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have posted close to 2 dozen videos of our PVP battles and it is nothing like what Amanita describes.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I have posted close to 2 dozen videos of our PVP battles and it is nothing like what Amanita describes.
You selectively post videos. Only the ones that you want to appear for public consumption are put out.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I try to only post videos worth watching. Posting 2+ hours of fighting every single night will quickly bore everyone.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is nothing compared to you camping our guildhouse or chaos shrine for 8+ hours a day. Now that would make for some boring videos.

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amanita you have a HOT fetish. Your still upset that you and your thugs were booted. You guys did it to your self, get over it.

As far as Goose their zerg. Goob job giving to Atlantic. I have been doing it for years. That is why I am Atlantics # 1 broker and mule. SupSoc has always been here for atlantic. HOT started the public Harrys and spawns, and now VIP is trying to be like HOT. But good job SX/VIP. Atlantic still don't like you, but rather use you.

And Amanita, you can't go by the numbers that is on UO.com. That is the count of characters, not actual players. Chewie and my self alone make up 1/3 of those numbers (Joke....) And don't start with saying V-C owns anything. The only thing you guys own is the houses at yew gate that you run in too.

Have a good day Atlantic! Remember, SupSoc is always on your side.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

That is nothing compared to you camping our guildhouse or chaos shrine for 8+ hours a day. Now that would make for some boring videos.
The Chaos Shrine is simply off-limits for HOT members. If you don't have a HOT tag, you're guaranteed safe passage. And, I don't "camp" the shrine. We (VC) literally have a house, two actually, on both sides of the shrine. So, it just happens that I'm there a lot -- but I don't "camp it for 8 hours," as JC implies.

And, as I recall, there was a video taken at the shrine where I PWNED you. Was there not?

***Edit: Oh, just to clarify, I didn't "PWN" Link by res killing him. Rather, he was at full life "protecting" another HOT member and I ran him down in the woods near the castle. Perhaps Link can post the link.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Amanita you have a HOT fetish. Your still upset that you and your thugs were booted. You guys did it to your self, get over it.

As far as Goose their zerg. Goob job giving to Atlantic. I have been doing it for years. That is why I am Atlantics # 1 broker and mule. SupSoc has always been here for atlantic. HOT started the public Harrys and spawns, and now VIP is trying to be like HOT. But good job SX/VIP. Atlantic still don't like you, but rather use you.

And Amanita, you can't go by the numbers that is on UO.com. That is the count of characters, not actual players. Chewie and my self alone make up 1/3 of those numbers (Joke....) And don't start with saying V-C owns anything. The only thing you guys own is the houses at yew gate that you run in too.

Soc, you're not Atlantic's "#1 mule." Rather, you're the shard's #1 donkey.

Good excuse about not being able to go by the "count" on UO.com for guild size. We all know you guys have alternate characters, but that's still a HUGE number and we all see the Zerg first-hand on a daily basis. That argument is weak, bro.

A

Aia

Slopp very good write up! Hope to see more from you!

*whew, got that in before the impending lock*

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And for all of you interested, I will gladly beat Sup Socs prices by at least 25% (That's how bad they are...)

Don't get screwed peeps!

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People buying your dupes? Poor quality transactions, bad attitude?

Isnt this why people left you to come buy from me? I treat my customers like family. I dont just drop off the item and recall off.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who are you kidding SupSoc? You get duped items and multiply the price by 5.

Are you actually going to deny your relationship with Golrath (HAX GM)?

Are you actually going to tell me he didn't have a vendor spot at your place, lol?

Sit down little boy, keep giving clients half their money's worth.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Who are you kidding SupSoc? You get duped items and multiple the price by 5.

Are you actually going to deny your relationship with Golrath (HAX GM)?

Are you actually going to tell me he didn't have a vendor spot at your place, lol?

Sit down little boy, keep giving clients half their money's worth.
No offense, Soc, but your items are WAY overpriced (at least in terms of the armor). When we start flooding the market with Thug's gear and weapons, we will educate you on how to price pieces.