Pub 56 date

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 56 release date

• Sept 2008

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Before Oct 15th, 2008

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Before Oct 31st, 2008

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • November, 2008

Votes: 41 47.7%

• Total voters

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
When will we see Pub 56 go active and the continuation of the live event content?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
When it is ready. Rushing it leads to bad things. That is my vote.

B

BartofCats

Im with Kelmo on this one.

And damn people.. if we are going to have so many polls, how about adding in "all of the above" or "none of the above"

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
I've said it once I'll say it again...patience should be the 9th virtue!!

Let them get it right or at least as best they can. Besides with all my plants I'm too busy!!

Oriana

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
I fail to see the point of this poll other than see what most people guess on the release date.

But the real release date on 56 is, to quote 3D Realms on their estimated release dates for some of their own games, "When it's done."

V

Vyal

I vote the world will end before the next patch comes out. To think melissa was a month and a half ago and if I recall it was something like the event is going to move forward next patch blah blah blah - lol. I don't even get mad anymore go check out www.archlord.com it's free so you arn't payin for things you shouldn't be paying for like a terrible game staff. You just get em for free :)):):):):):):):):):)))))

S

Sarphus

It seems to me that answer 3 is the most statistically safe answer. I voted for 2, but technically 3 covers both 1 and 2, so you have a 50/50 shot if you pick either 3 or 4 :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
No vote from me, stupid poll :coco:
We get it when it's ready

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
The poll is for people to guess as to how long it's going to take the devs to get 56 ready for us. I'm betting not anytime soon.

V

Vyal

Whats wrong with you all? It's becuase of that oo we get it when we get it even if it takes four years that we never get anything in a reasonable amount of time.

You pay what how much money a month, you don't pay for the graphics that for sure, you don't pay for the large world ooo hell no. YOU sure don't pay for the staff and the development of this game. You pay EA hundreds of dollars a year for what? this lame wait 7 years for a plot to unfold gimmie a break.

What if the garbage men said we come and get your garbage when we feel like it. Come on it's way dumb look at this www.archlord.com PvP IS MUCH better then UO GRAPHICS SOOOO MUCH better then UO world is SOOO MUCH bigger then UO updates and events are weekly if not daily and the GAME IS FREE.

So you tell me what is going on here, who is ripping who off?

R

RoycroftLS

The way publishes have been handled lately, I'd lean more towards a "One week before it's ready and been thoroughly tested" release date.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I should have added December as one of the poll choices.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2001
Ohio
they need to make it so if you join factions and exploit something to get rank 10 you cant stay in trammel with all the nice stuff. and NOT be vulnerable to monsters cause they arent ornage to you in stat therefore dying to faction monster wont create stat, that part is bs.

T

Tycolby

No Pubs until things at Warhammer calms down!!!!!

Our Devs are working on three things at once and UO is the last to see anything in the way of updates or adding content.

F

Flora Green

I've said it once I'll say it again...patience should be the 9th virtue!!

Let them get it right or at least as best they can. Besides with all my plants I'm too busy!!

Oriana
Ah, but if they don't get it live, we won't have time to grow the new black plants for Halloween! (I don't actually care, but some are really looking forward to that). :mf_prop:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I think Kelmo said it best.
I agree. Even tho I am really impatient and want it now I would rather it be ready.

If it's not going to be this week a simple (sorry it's not ready yet) from the devs would be fine with me. I just hate to be left hanging.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
ahh, but the quicker they get it out to us, the quicker QA (that's us, btw) can start working on it ;):p

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
Ah, but if they don't get it live, we won't have time to grow the new black plants for Halloween! (I don't actually care, but some are really looking forward to that). :mf_prop:
Good point Flora. I want the seeds too, but still I want it all or majority anyway to work right. After seeing the 11th anniversary gift thread, I can be patient a bit longer for my hitching post!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
If there is going to be any kind of significant delay, they need to have a mini-event (such as turning on The Six again for awhile) or fiction to bridge the gap. Their momentum is gone; they need to get it back if possible.

I wonder how many times I'll say this before I get sick of it. There are excellent odds that I'll get sick of it before they respond one way or the other.

-Galen's player

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I'd rather have new, buggy content, than no new content.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I wish they could seperate the halloween stuff from publish 56 that way we would get it before halloween ends. :stir:

Plus it would give us something to do while they are getting publish 56 ready.