• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 55 Vet Stuff- Vets should get Free pick???

Should Vet Accounts be given a FREE pick from NEW Vet Rewards

• Yes

Votes: 103 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Huh??

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
A

Aboo

The only thing I think should be exchangable is Robe for Dress. Even more specific - Gold Robe for Gold Dress, Valorite Robe for Valorite Dress. They are the exact same item, but one is gender neutral and one is gender specific.
I'm all for this if the reason is because, like the poster above stated, his wife would like a dress instead of a robe and they were unavailable when she chose the robe. However, I think too many people simply are upset because they chose a reward not realizing, obviously because they were not "properly notifed", that there were new ones coming out, and now they don't want the ones they previously chose.

H

Harb

The only thing I think should be exchangable is Robe for Dress.
My "read" is that whatever they do or don't do, care must be taken to ensure there is no perceived "bias" in any action. For us, dresses are the issue. For others, there are other concerns. Whether Mythic allows a swap system, added pick(s), or even should they chose to sell vet selection tokens akin to legacy tokens on the game codes site (if the site ever gets fixed), they should do something to empower players regarding vet rewards! Backwards additions will lead to this debate every time, and we have crossed this bridge before :)

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I think I missed the part about mocking you. You truly amused me, never did I intend to mock you."

People who don't understand something quite often regard it as amusing.

"This kind of reminds me of the time 2 of my 4 children sat down with me.."

Your children and all that is none of our concern. Enjoy a private family life please.

"And to say they should properly notify us when they are going to release them, amuses me. :D Qué será, será. "

Someone has a superiority complex. Instead of being amused be thoughtfull. Again I ask for nothing EXTRA. I'm all for more reward picks as a pre-order gift. You pay MORE MONEY when pre-ordering. What's free there? Hey I'd even pay more money to buy reward picks from their site.

That doesn't change the fact that they could have handled this a lot better and have everyone happy. The whole thing left a lot of people dissappointed, about 63-65% of the voters and who knows how many others who don't read Stratics.

In fact if we strike out the Huh? votes, there's twice as many people thinking along these lines, rather than believing we're greedy.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to get a free pick, but i voted NO... mainly because we dont need any hand me downs to us old vets... most old vets know that EA comes out with changes at the drop of a hat sometimes... most of us save our choices in order to "hold out" for new things ...

Yeah it's horrible to think you chose your stuff RIGHT before the new ones came out but you know it's not EA's fault... hope the best for you .. and you can always buy what you need from someone that is willing to sell... just wait a few months and you will see anything you want on the market for sale.

S

SilentFoxXy

Just to clarify for the obviously argumentative and unagreeable minority there always seems to be in these friendly discussions,

The post was asking should players be offered a FREE pick relative to their account age/vet status.

So, ergo, if you are a 7 year vet, you can use your free pick on rewards up to and including 7yr rewards.

Im not after anything for nothing,

Im not after special treatment

I am not a clairvoyant, I could NO WAY foresee these new rewards were coming back in June when I picked my rewards......

Im an NOT complaining I posted a POLL, a discussion, to see what other thought, and, again , the OVERWHELMING majority agreed, check the poll stats 2/1 in favour.

personally, yeah I fully agree, we should also maybe have the choice to tender one of our rewards for a exact same age new release,

The discussion continues, but guys , come on, stop the slating anyone who posts a poll or states her feelings, everyone has their own view, and sometimes they are not argumentative, just have voice, and want to see if other whispers in the night can be heard to stand aside as the petition grows in impetuous....

Or not...;)

CatT

D

Darian

I vote no. There seems to be two factions to this issue. The players that save (hoard) their rewards and those that chose to use their picks and enjoy their use as they are accumulated. I fortunately am a hoarder. I saved my rewards on the CHANCE there would be something better down the road. From the time they started issuing vet rewards I chose an item only when I really wanted it and I mean REALLY wanted it and I couldn't afford to buy it. I waited and waited and waited and now there are things that I feel I can use my picks on. I bit the bullet and used a 10yr reward for the commodity deed box. I could have paid 5 million and bought one but that made less sense than using a reward pick. So although I can understand the other sides arguements, IMO and isn't this poll all that is being asked? I vote in a NO.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't want a free pick unless it's because they want to sell theirs for a lot of gold.

I was also one who saved my picks but a hacker took all mine. But I would love an extra pick even if I didn't get mine stolen.

R

Rix/\

I say allow some sort of exchange old 1st yr for new 1st or old 6 yr for new 6st yr.

I would also like to be able to purchase Vet rewards via tokens like the soulstones are on UOgamecodes. But limited to account age of course. I'm not saying I want to be allowed to buy 7th yr items for my 2yr account.