• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 55 Vet Stuff- Vets should get Free pick???

Should Vet Accounts be given a FREE pick from NEW Vet Rewards

• Yes

Votes: 103 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Huh??

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
S

SilentFoxXy

Personally think it sucks socks a bit, when a new 11 mth vet can get the new 1 year stuff, but those whose accounts aged 6 weeks ago and they happily exchanged their choices then now have to wait 11 mths until they can get any of the new things.

Kinda punishes BIG Acct age vets dont ya think?? Up to 10 years Consistent support, staying with thru thick n thin, now get another kick , espec if you took your picks 2 or 3 weeks ago.....

OK, so I can prob wait a week and go buy one from a vendor, but thats not the point...

I here by start the petition-

New rewards- All 1 yr + Vets should get 1 FREE pick per Account.....

S

Satanatra

It is hard to imagine that anyone could look at NEW REWARDS as some kinda of "kick" to veteran players.

Really... You just cant please people NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

Side note: A free pick to everyone isnt a bad idea - but not because of some percieved "Kick." I think UO players deserve rewards - all of them.

S

SilentFoxXy

It is hard to imagine that anyone could look at NEW REWARDS as some kinda of "kick" to veteran players.

Really... You just cant please people NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

Side note: A free pick to everyone isnt a bad idea - but not because of some percieved "Kick." I think UO players deserve rewards - all of them.

OK, I get your point.

Personally, its not so much a kick, rather a little snub, I just figured they are new rewards, which have been unobtainable in the past, and that its probably a nice gesture to offer one of them to their valued long term subscribers.....

Didnt mean to come across stroppy.....guess I worded it wrongly.

Kick as in- hehe kick on shin, Fred whose been ingame for 11mths gets a nice shiney green box, you have to wait for 11mths,...... aka not a penalty kick, not a crippling kick, just a little misplaced tackle, still a kick....a kick can be a huge boot for 500 miles, as well as a little tap on the ankle....

Just think that those lets say 10 yr vets, who collected their rewards 3 weeks ago, before any mention of the NEW rewards etc, would now be a little concerned cos they cant get a Cu for 11mths....

Or a Commodity Chest (WOW Great item, brilliant, pleased, all the time!!)

Im always pleased by new stuff hun, grinning like a Cheshire CatT me, but......maybe ONE free for ALL accounts would have been the right 'Gesture' (*Puts line thru Kick, replaces with -Tickle haha*)

CatT

M

Mitzlplik_SP

NO from me.

As my account just turned 12 months a week ago,I chose 3 soul stones.Ya I`m boned but I`m not discouraged because I know I can buy them in no time.

No offense,I just don`t get into the gimme gimme gimme thing.

O

Old Man of UO

We knew that new vet rewards were coming for some time... I've saved mine for something decent, as last year's rewards weren't worth the picks. I've got 4 picks saved, and two more coming in December.

Sorry if you didn't save yours, but there always is the option to trade for them. I'm just not a big fan of "GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!"

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a NO from me too.

New players pay the same as Vets so why should there be any preference. New players could also have taken their rewards before the new ones became available, they too will have to buy or wait nearly a year. In this respect Vets already have an advantage over new players I imagine older players could all afford to buy any of the rewards, everyone I know could.

C

Cysphruo

we haven't had new rewards in such a long time, i gave up on the idea of them ever introducing new ones, it would be nice to be compensated for the years they've gone without giving us any as i've already chosen the old rewards as my picks.

C

Connor_Graham

OoooOoooOooooh New Pretties.

Shiny Shiny

Must......................Have......................Now.........................

*twitch*

*twitch*

GIMME GIMME NOW!

:twak:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definate No from me...

But then again i had 2 gifts to choose like over 3 months ago but decided to hang on as there was a whiff. that new items were in the making and anyone reading these boards would have certainly read that too.

The only hard choice is wether to pick a 1st year gift LOL on 9 year old account!! thats kinda sucks a little.

R

RavenWinterHawk

People People People

This are VET REWARDS. All players get the chance to get them. IF THE STICK AROUND A YEAR.

What am I missing?

These arent the you selected the suckie reward rewards, so pick a reward.

These arent the youre not a Vet but a nice player rewards.

These arent the youre 18 months but have a 120 month reward.

They are for playing 12 months and 12 months there after. (and she told two friends and so on).

Argh.

Dang. Suck it up. Claim your reward when you mature. Or go buy them.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Definate No from me...

But then again i had 2 gifts to choose like over 3 months ago but decided to hang on as there was a whiff. that new items were in the making and anyone reading these boards would have certainly read that too.

The only hard choice is wether to pick a 1st year gift LOL on 9 year old account!! thats kinda sucks a little.

Agree 100% THP, I saved my 6th year rewards and I STILL don't know what to pick...it's a toss-up between the deed box, a pretty dress or that bloody pentagram..I REALLY like that one!

But to waste a 6-year reward choice on a 1-year reward item (Deed box) Seems kind of unfair. I think the commodity Deed box should be obtainable on the bankers for a fee..like the Salvage Bag. Don't make it a vet reward :(

T

The Home Guild

Agree 100% THP, I saved my 6th year rewards and I STILL don't know what to pick...it's a toss-up between the deed box, a pretty dress or that bloody pentagram..I REALLY like that one!

But to waste a 6-year reward choice on a 1-year reward item (Deed box) Seems kind of unfair. I think the commodity Deed box should be obtainable on the bankers for a fee..like the Salvage Bag. Don't make it a vet reward :(
i agree bout the deed box should be thru the banker for a fee.
i wouldn't want to waste a vet reward for 1 yr.

A

Aboo

Do you not get the idea that it's a vet reward and it rewards you for the TIME you have played? The longer you have played the better the reward you get to choose from.

As I posted in yet another thread on this topic, I have been saving my rewards on my now 11 year account for some time because I wasn’t really impressed with the picks so far (except the polar bear which I chose). I got hacked in 2005 and lost all my saved rewards but I just kept saving them again and I am sooooo glad.

To just let ANY vet pick ANY reward kind of slaps us vets in the face who (1) have been playing a long time and (2) who have been saving our rewards. Can you guess I response is also a NO?

H

Harb

Dev added 15 rewards, many more if you count variations, and added gender specific items in 14 colors. That's a lot. It's great to see the new content, on all the threads addressing this, not one person seems displeased in the least. It's not so great if you've used 10 years worth of reward selections, and have no means other than waiting or paying other layers to attain the rewards. You propose 1 additional pick, I'm all for anything that helps, but really a single pick does little to offset the influx of new items. I still hope for a 1:1 exchange system, the wife and other female players can't go from robes to dresses otherwise. But there are naysayers, those who are more concerned with resell value and those who have horded picks awaiting a brighter day. Neither has anything to do with the relationship of the "giver" or "receiver" in process of providing a "gift" as a reward for play. I voted "yes," but really do think a single pick falls a tad short :)

A

Aboo

But there are naysayers, those who are more concerned with resell value and those who have horded picks awaiting a brighter day. Neither has anything to do with the relationship of the "giver" or "receiver" in process of providing a "gift" as a reward for play.
I honestly wouldn't have a problem with exchanging one 1-year reward for another 1-year reward, one 2-year reward for another 2-year reward, etc.

However, that said you are telling me that even though I had the forethought to horde my rewards on the off chance that we would get new ones, that I did WITHOUT for this purpose, whereas you picked and got to use your rewards, that I am more concerned with the resell value than the actual FACT that you got to use yours and I did without???

M

MYUO

I am sure someone will be more than glad to trade his commodity box plus a handsome check for a polar bear reward from you. I know I would do that in a heart beat.

In a few weeks/months, I think you can buy the commdity box at prices similar to ethy horse. After all it is a one year reward and not account bond. The supply should be quite high. Meanwhile, unlike ethy horses, you don't need 5-7 for each char of your account. You only need one.

So if a player is not in a rush to move, or doesn't have a huge pile of commodities, or doesn't need to cut the weight of the box on his/her house steps from millions of stones to a more "normal" number, just wait a bit.

Free pick? That to me is a bit childish. Plus, I don't want dev to risk messing up the account age just to please someone who doesn't want to save and must have some new stuff "RIGHT NOW, FOR FREE".

E

Edina Monsoon

We wants them we do, we wants the precious...

They were our precious, and they stole them from us! And we wants them! We must have the precious!

A

Aboo

We wants them we do, we wants the precious...

They were our precious, and they stole them from us! And we wants them! We must have the precious!
You know that the Precious will do you, right? Wanting something that's not yours, that you didn't deserve. Better be careful.:hahaha:

H

Harb

...that said you are telling me that even though I had the forethought to horde my rewards on the off chance that we would get new ones, that I did WITHOUT for this purpose...
No mawm, not my intent at all. Two different decision making processes, one for resell potential, another for hopes of more desirable choices. Sorry about my wording :)

We're wearing the topic out, on so many threads now! I am a bit concerned about the 1 yr for 1 yr, 2 for 2, etc theme, not in principle but circumstantially in equality. Pursuing this route won't take into account those that at year 10, may for example have chosen year 6 rewards based upon available selections at that time. It was that intellectual search for equity in all circumstance, looking at the "what if's," that led to the original thought of the 1:1 exchange proposal without caveat or restriction.

A

Aboo

No mawm, not my intent at all. Two different decision making processes, one for resell potential, another for hopes of more desirable choices. Sorry about my wording :)

We're wearing the topic out, on so many threads now! I am a bit concerned about the 1 yr for 1 yr, 2 for 2, etc theme, not in principle but circumstantially in equality. Pursuing this route won't take into account those that at year 10, may for example have chosen year 6 rewards based upon available selections at that time. It was that intellectual search for equity in all circumstance, looking at the "what if's," that led to the original thought of the 1:1 exchange proposal without caveat or restriction.
I believe I understand what you are saying but I still believe that if you want to exchange a vet reward it should be one 1-year for a 1-year, one 2-year for a two-year, etc. I know it stinks that some people picked rewards not knowing that there would be some good ones to choose from. However, that does, in my opinion, penalize people like me who didn't choose any in the hopes that there would be more and went without saving our picks for later. And rewards those who did choose, got to use their choices and then would be allowed to choose better ones even though they had the use of the ones they already picked. Wheeeee, sure hope that all made sense!

P.S. I have some I would like to exchange, not because I choose some before realizing there may be better ones coming along, but because I have no place for them now. But I still think they should be exhanged for some year picks.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh ... as much as my itchy little hands are dying to choose a reward or two on my 4.5 year account instead of just one on my 1 year acct ... I DID choose back in January to get a soulstone instead of keep my rewards and wait. Of course, I had no inkling that they would be adding rewards to the tiers below me ... and I think that is the rub here. They added stuff I did not have access to when I was 1 year, 2 years, etc. That does rub a bit.

However, as much as I would LOVE it if, for say an 11th anniversary gift, they gave out an extra pick (that still had to be in the years you have access to!) to everyone ... I can live without.

I will say one thing - there SHOULD be a means to turn in a vet robe in exchange for a dress. It is an identical-value item and for 8 years the ladies have been forced to wear a robe to get the identical effect *sad face* I wear dresses on all my characters. Some of them could desperately use some more physical resist ... but not bad enough to wear a nasty robe! lol

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes because I turned and chose my eight years right before they announced these new ones

Greedy? Self Serving? Ya flippin right!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could simply offer a couple of extra reward picks along with whatever else is planned as a pre-order gift for SA.

By the way I'm sure SA will add even MORE rewards to choose from so there...

R

RavenWinterHawk

They could simply offer a couple of extra reward picks along with whatever else is planned as a pre-order gift for SA.

By the way I'm sure SA will add even MORE rewards to choose from so there...
Hey, you probably solved it. Maybe the will give a pick. Actually, sound like EA.

Still sad how everyone complains.

Reminds me of the lottery. If I would have known those numbers were coming up I would have played them. Its unfair.

S

SilentFoxXy

Nice to see it started a bit of conversation.

Also interesting to see from the BIG percentage of yes over No that 95% of responses were from NOs, very few from the overwhelming YES vote.

As I said at start post, sure I can go buy them, but.......

Hehe, keep voting, seems the majority definitely agree with lil ol CatT

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love a free pick. When I got hacked they stole all of the ones I had been saving for years.

I still think they should give us one for an 11th anniversery gift. :D

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buy them?.. Sure. But can you point me at a single veteran of the proper account age with enough spare picks to accomodate for themselves AND to sell them?

Even 4 picks aren't enough with those rewards and not many people have been playing this long continuously. As for me, no picks left.. :(

Especially the new ethereal mount is no flop like the bear, which by the way I won't be able to trade for one of them because the bear honestly sucks.. Everyone will be spending free picks so that all their chars have it.

So you see.. It will be a long time before ALL those items are widely available for sale. Again consider the possibility that SA will add MORE rewards and you've got a NEED for at least 1-2 free choices in some form..

L

Lord Kynd

i voted no
why?
because, why should a 1st year be able to pick a 10th year reward ? maybe i read that part wrong.
"New rewards- All 1 yr + Vets should get 1 FREE pick per Account....."

and, well you know what? it sucks to be you and not patient enough to wait and see if anything new was ever going to come..
personally if nothing new never came i wouldn't use the picks i have left, and am still holding off now that we do have new stuff. never know next year there might be kick butt new things.

Z

Ziane

I voted no.

Then again, I have 21 picks left between my two 10+ year accounts.

What can I say, never fancied many of the rewards...:blushing:

Zi

C

Coppelia

I think vet rewards system is not really the proper way to add things in this game, but whatever... surely seing that gem cart and bleeding ankh, a potential customer will be convinced that the game will still be running ten years and will happily enter the game.
Personally I'm not sure to see the 10th year vet rewards ever, so I have difficulties to catch the whole picture of devs spending time for such additions. But maybe I'm not aware of the proportion of 10 yo vets in the population of UO. Any figure?

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm quite positive you missunderstood as far as that part is concerned Kynd.. :)

I guess it would be easy to implement every sort of system so that everyone's happy with this- From item swapping NPCs to free choices and so on.

As you can see quite many feel we weren't properly notified that indeed there will be new rewards, and so much more usefull than all the previous years' rewards combined and that's the main issue in fact. Especially peeps who went for the Polar Bear mounts should feel a bit deceived and should at least be able to swap Bears for Cu's and the old Ankh for the new one. Call me selfish, but when you reach the appropriate account age we can discuss this properly ;P

F

Flora Green

Yes from me because I don't want to reactivate a closed account just to get a lower reward. Heh.

A

Aboo

As you can see quite many feel we weren't properly notified that indeed there will be new rewards, and so much more usefull than all the previous years' rewards combined and that's the main issue in fact.
I highlighted the REALLY funny part of this sentence.

Especially peeps who went for the Polar Bear mounts should feel a bit deceived and should at least be able to swap Bears for Cu's and the old Ankh for the new one.
I have no problem with swapping one 1-year reward for another 1-year reward, one 2-year reward for another 2-year reward, etc. But swapping a 3-year reward for a 10-year reward - NO.

Call me selfish, but when you reach the appropriate account age we can discuss this properly ;P
I've reached that age so I can, in your opinion, discuss this properly?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who say "bad on you for not anticipating this event, you should have saved your picks" ... um, there have been days I wonder if the game will still be here in a year, much less will there be new rewards! Last year they did not even add rewards for the oldest vets, how on EARTH could we anticipate that they would not only add last years missing rewards, but new ones for years 1-9?

It isnt like I want an extra pick and be able to get something that I did not have access to when my account aged. No, I would like the opportunity to get a 1-4 year reward that was not available to me in January. My husband just got 2 Ethy's and a Soulstone for his 5th year (his previously available picks were AWOL until his acct aged) because they were the only semi-appealing things in those years - not so anymore!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you shove a heap of usefull items in the game over-night after having JUST ABOUT enticed people to spend their picks on Coca Cola Bears and whatnot, and all that after not having added anything for ages....

You should at least PROPERLY NOTIFY them there's something in store for Veteran players. No more, just that would suffice really. Under any other circumstances you'd be right to mock me.

You want more of that? Let me help you. Soulstones. They were supposed to be a one-time thing and now they are a Reward. OF COURSE YOU'RE GONNA PICK THOSE UNLESS YOU SPENT A TON OF CASH ON THEM WHEN THEY WEREN'T A REWARD. Need I drag this out more? I believe you can see the argument clearly now.

I never said anything about being able to swap rewards of different years. And of course nobody would mind someone swapping their 10th year reward for a 1st year one.

After those clarifications sure, be my guest and discuss... I think you may have missed the ;P part and its purpose in my post though.

Anyway.

A

Aboo

You should at least PROPERLY NOTIFY them there's something in store for Veteran players. No more, just that would suffice really. Under any other circumstances you'd be right to mock me.
I think I missed the part about mocking you. You truly amused me, never did I intend to mock you.

This kind of reminds me of the time 2 of my 4 children sat down with me and informed me that I OWED them a car so they could get a job, a job THEY were keeping the money from. I fell off the couch laughing. They now see the humor in it.

Anyway, my own personal believe is that EA DOESN'T owe us anything more than the game to play. All the extras are just that - EXTRAS. And to say they should properly notify us when they are going to release them, amuses me. :D Qué será, será

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with this....I been logging on everyday for several years now.......Some of us deserve something for real loyalty. I mean, we took the good with the bad, haven't cried, or threatened to quit.....throw us a bone.

please??:D

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're a veteran, you KNOW they're ALWAYS behind on Vet Rewards by AT LEAST a year, so the surprise that it took them this long isn't that much of a surprise.

Point being, most of us vets always keep 1 or 2 reward choices lying around somewhere in order to take advantage of their late arrivals. Me, I always keep AT LEAST the current year's rewards free, just in case, because, as we've seen, they've dropped in a bunch of new stuff, but now that I'm in my 11th year of rewards, the lack of an 11th year category is, well, you know, not surprising at all.

F

Floyd the Barber

Personally think it sucks socks a bit, when a new 11 mth vet can get the new 1 year stuff, but those whose accounts aged 6 weeks ago and they happily exchanged their choices then now have to wait 11 mths until they can get any of the new things.

Kinda punishes BIG Acct age vets dont ya think?? Up to 10 years Consistent support, staying with thru thick n thin, now get another kick , espec if you took your picks 2 or 3 weeks ago.....

OK, so I can prob wait a week and go buy one from a vendor, but thats not the point...

I here by start the petition-

New rewards- All 1 yr + Vets should get 1 FREE pick per Account.....

Isn't it the same for anyone that just picked thier rewards not just 11 year old players? Like if a 7 year old player just picked their rewards, or 4 year player just picked their rewards four weeks ago, why do you feel it's a kick to just 11 year vets that just picked their rewards? Makes no sense to me really other that the fact that you are kicking yourself for not waiting and having to wait another 11 months. That's like saying I bought a McRib at McDonalds last week for regualar price and this week it's only 99cents, why can't I get the 99cent McRibb, I've been a McDonald's customer for 20 years! :(

H

Harb

I know it stinks that some people picked rewards not knowing that there would be some good ones to choose from.
The dresses were what we didn't see coming :) Half our characters are the wifes, she wants dresses opposed to our myriad of robes! But pleading for trade-ins on those alone -leaves other players out in the cold. Thus the 1:1 no restriction proposal, it leaves no one out.

However, that does, in my opinion, penalize people like me who didn't choose any in the hopes that there would be more and went without saving our picks for later.
I don't see the penalty for anyone, and I'm not trying to be a smart arse. To avoid anyone actually being "shorted," I go back to my original view! We all play, and are rewarded as vets from time to time. The rewards vary by account age, and while older account rewards are viewed by many as "better," from year 3 onward I sincerely don't see that either. "Rarer" is a term I can agree with, but that only effects resell value. I remain convinced that the "best" reward, from a play perspective, is the year 1 soulstone! My honest opinion is that it's soulstones, also sold through the game codes program, that will prevent Mythic from allowing any form of exchange, thus rendering our debate irrelevant. I just wish it wasn't so :(

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"BUT I WANT IT NOW! I VOTE WE GET FREE STUFF, WHO IS WITH ME!"

The fact that you can only get 62% of people to vote in favor of "FREE STUFF" is actually pretty terrible.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually strongly disagree that the best from a play perspective is Soulstones. Yes, they are useful, and handy to have 1-2 on an account ... but I do NOT use those every day. I use ethy's every day, on every character that can use them (I do have an account that is only 1 yr, and I think Chargers are the most hideous thing created, so use bonded pets, instead on that account). I think that the Commodity Deed box will also be a bit higher on the useful scale than Soulstones for alot of people. And the Ankh of Sacrifice?! Ohh, if only I had an account old enough! The stumps and carts might not sound too useful to some, but what about those with crafters they only use to burn purchased runics, casually? Now they can get enough ingots and wood to burn the occasional kit without having to pay or gather :)

H

Harb

The fact that you can only get 62% of people to vote in favor of "FREE STUFF" is actually pretty terrible.
A) These boards are a "hard core" reflection of the player base, not the casual player in most cases.
B) 2:1 is actually significant, ask any politician :)
C) Carefully review comments from the "no" voters. Resell, not "fair" because I saved my picks, and..... well, that's about it. Again, not casual players. They're comments made from one's personal perspective, and with no intent to criticize, generally not based on "others." I mean no insult to anyone; each is entitled to his/ her opinion. By nature I tend to seek disagreement, it makes for a healthy debate and broadens views for all of us. I'm still anxiously awaiting an argument to sway my opinion!

I actually strongly disagree that the best from a play perspective is Soulstones...I use ethy's every day, on every character that can use them (I do have an account that is only 1 yr, and I think Chargers are the most hideous thing created, so use bonded pets, instead on that account). I think that the Commodity Deed box will also be a bit higher on the useful scale than Soulstones for alot of people. And the Ankh of Sacrifice?! Ohh, if only I had an account old enough! The stumps and carts might not sound too useful to some, but what about those with crafters they only use to burn purchased runics, casually? Now they can get enough ingots and wood to burn the occasional kit without having to pay or gather :)
"Best" was a term I probably shouldn't have used, each of us makes that determination for ourselves. Good points, though I do disagree with the crafting conclusion. Each time we work our crafters, we go through way more resources than the vet items can possibly provide, even with a trade-in system.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Best" was a term I probably shouldn't have used, each of us makes that determination for ourselves. Good points, though I do disagree with the crafting conclusion. Each time we work our crafters, we go through way more resources than the vet items can possibly provide, even with a trade-in system.
lol I agree that for me, it would not be practical. However, I know ALOT of people who do not actually "work" their crafters. Once they are 120 or GM, the crafter sits. If an agapite runic comes up for sale, they might buy it and burn it. Same for a fletching kit. But they only do this every now and then :) Those are the ones those items would be useful to.

Anyway, I would say that it would be NICE if every account 1 year and over got an extra pick, but I don't deem it necessary or entitled.

M

MYUO

Should dev gives every vet an extra free pick every time they release "useful" reward? You get your extra free pick every year already. I would say, in terms of "usefulness", nothing is more useful than an ethy horse - a blessed portable mount that gives player instant speed. But someone may say he/she likes riding a beetle and plays a craftman so a commodity box is more useful. See, "useful" is a subjective term. Do we want a free pick every time new rewards are rleased?

By the same token, asking for exchange rewards (even for same year exchanges) are a bit too much. Item's value and usefulness always change over time. When vet reward was first introduced, there weren't many attractive statues from other sources nor tokuno pigments. That is why players chose animal/monster statues and different dye tubs. At that time, those rewards were very attractive and "useful". Now, they of course can not compete with the new rewards and the not so new rewards (soul stone, statue maker and weapon engraving tool). If we want these kind of exchange everytime new vet rewards are relesed, why don't we just ask for a token that can transform into any vet rewards of that year?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I think should be exchangable is Robe for Dress. Even more specific - Gold Robe for Gold Dress, Valorite Robe for Valorite Dress. They are the exact same item, but one is gender neutral and one is gender specific.