• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Psst! Guys - you missed a bit

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, I think this bit of snow's been here about 3 years now?

Could we get Draconi's blow torch on it? It seems to be a bit stubborn.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't that be from some event then? And does a little bit of snow from an event at a tavern that almost nobody ever even goes to really affect your game enough to warrant it being removed?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, I guess not. I guess I also forgot all the smilies I should have put on to show this was meant to be a bit of light hearted teasing, not to be taken seriously. I thought the title showed it. Obviously I was wrong. Sorry.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing as how there are people that really WOULD rally for it to be removed, how was I supposed to know? Sorry also. :x

C

Connor_Graham

REMOVE THE SNOW!!!

Oh.....er...

Wait a minute.....

*jumps off the bandwagon*

R

rieley

So Petra, when I log on its Spring? Yea!

And...like...when they finish up there could you send them to my RL home?

*folds hands and looks down*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Petra, you are such an Internet bully... *shakes head*

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey come on now, this is uhall you know!

Making light-hearted fun, whatever were you thinking of Petra? :D whoops wrong smiley :sad4: there that's better.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hip Hip Hooray! The ebil snow is gone, now I can take my sunglasses off!! Seriously for someone with poor eyesight it is a pain in the retina to try and play around that stuff. I'm absolutely sure there are those that love it though and I'm happy for ya...thank you, thank you, thank you Drac

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When summer rolls around, can we get the beaches decorated with women in bikinis?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second and third that! ...and I thought my eyes were strained from the snow..

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed it for a bit, but am thankful it is gone! Same goes for the real world. I would think maybe 2 months worth in December and January would be a better fit. I see enough of it out my window, I don't need to see it in Ultima.

I also agree that it hurt my eyes, but wouldn't mind the bikini girls come summer as a compromise!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why wait for summer? Spring Break! Pixels gone wild. *ponders* That has player event possibilities...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why wait for summer? Spring Break! Pixels gone wild. *ponders* That has player event possibilities...
haha.

Of course, knowing Draconi, all those girls gone wild would be paragon succubi.

D

Dragonchilde

I enjoyed it for a bit, but am thankful it is gone! Same goes for the real world. I would think maybe 2 months worth in December and January would be a better fit. I see enough of it out my window, I don't need to see it in Ultima.
Hey, UO snow was very nearly the only snow I saw this year... hell, it WAS the first snow I've seen in what, eight years?

I say leave the snow for a few more months!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

That's snow? I just thought they had ran out of dishwasher detergent and tried using the regular kind! :D

(Do not try that at home! I did...and that pic above says it all.)

T

Tak

I would vote for removing horses.
On the other hand, maybe exactly this bit of snow will mess up SA client in the future?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not too sure you want him using a blow torch on it.

Unless you want the whole building burnt to the ground. :D

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, UO snow was very nearly the only snow I saw this year... hell, it WAS the first snow I've seen in what, eight years?

I can understand the flip side, living in a more tropical climate, etc. would be nice to get some virtual snow time, but it still makes my eyes hurt if I'm chopping wood for an hour. I guess I need to take the recommended 15 minute breaks, as the white glare of the monitor was overwhelming at times.

And why not have the southern section snowy during the opposite time of year as the north?

I do think having a spring time with flowering trees, etc, and a fall with colorful leaves would make UO a more ever-changing, evolving, world.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand the flip side, living in a more tropical climate, etc. would be nice to get some virtual snow time, but it still makes my eyes hurt if I'm chopping wood for an hour. I guess I need to take the recommended 15 minute breaks, as the white glare of the monitor was overwhelming at times.

And why not have the southern section snowy during the opposite time of year as the north?

I do think having a spring time with flowering trees, etc, and a fall with colorful leaves would make UO a more ever-changing, evolving, world.
What? No mention of my summer beaches idea?!?!

J

Jhym

Um... it's a tavern. It's white. There are those who make money doing questionable things. Who says it's snow?

heh heh

I'd really like it if they made the seasons work in UO time. We should get winter every month for a week.

*sigh*

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this means Dagger (Ice) Isle will be thawed out too?! :D

Give'em Hell Petra! ;)

Salmar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this means Dagger (Ice) Isle will be thawed out too?! :D

Give'em Hell Petra! ;)
That would actually be kinda cool. Would it give us a virtual counter to global warming? Would the sea levels rise? Scary stuff.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let me rent you one of my cabins this next winter I can hook you up with blistering cold snow! ;)

K

Kratos Aurion

Wouldn't that be from some event then? And does a little bit of snow from an event at a tavern that almost nobody ever even goes to really affect your game enough to warrant it being removed?
Why not have it removed. Is having it there that important to you that it should remain just because you want it too?:lick:

B

BartofCats

nothing to see there... its just the local 385 Zamboni drivers union dumping pile for all the snow from the ice rink. Move along. lol.

S

Seasseragh

We should get a Winter Shard with classic snow like we had back in January!!1