• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provo Problems..

C

clarkocorax

im aware this skill takes along time.. but finding the spawn within a reasonable lethality zone would be nice..

i tryed looking for hiryus and when i do find them i spend 5 minutes finding another, then 5 mins trying to provoke them whilst trying to avoid geting killed by ninjas and hiryus that are also around...

im at 85 provo, 100 peacemake 100 music, and no idea if theres anywhere else i can go that either has worthwhile spawn or is at least abit safer...

help / suggestions appreciated

i have magery hiding music provo disco peacemaking.

U

uoBuoY

Lock your Music at 100 if you haven't already.

Use the Hunter's Guide Advanced Search page.

Insert your Provo (85) in the Barding Difficulty box. Down by the Stats there is tiny box named Range. Put 10 in there to locate all the beasts with barding difficulty from 75-95. Finally at the bottom on that page is Sort By. Set it to Barding difficulty.

That will give a sorted list, easiest at the top, hardest at the bottom. You can then click on a beast to see all its info, including location.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
another bard with hiding..... what the heck?

so you can do the same thing 4 different ways?

you can peace.
you can hide.
you can cast invis.
you can chug a invis pot.

just me but that seems like a lot of the same.
you could change around your template and get a bit beefier.

not that i have anything against hiding.
just that if you hide you loose your barding off anything you have provo/dico/peaced

so it just seems wierd.

but if it works for ya.

C

clarkocorax

the hiding at least for now is more a place holder...

that + i cant help but run around felluca and having it is some times invaluable when it comes to survival.. it will be the last skill i drop but if you can suggest something to make the char more usefull im open to it.

preferably id like to be usefull at champion spawns when the boss actually spawns.. i find my self just watching :S

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
med so you can cast more spells

eval so you can do damage?

C

clarkocorax

ok so i found in underworld a mass spawn of acid slugs that seem to respawn..

stratics claim these have a bard value of around 73.. with 86 provo if i use an oposing slayer instrument, surely that should give or be some way of giving decent gains ? tho no luck yet and ive been here 30 mins or so

C

clarkocorax

ok so a few hours later im at 89 from 86.. not sure if thats a good rate of gain but i stuck with it and im happy since there was no danger nor was i abusing houses for gain.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
switch over to cu's in the weld.

maybe ring up a bit.

then you can make some bank while you play

C

clarkocorax

so at 73 barding skill.. at what point will i stop being able to gain provocation

taking into consideration i have 100 music and am using slayer weapons?

currently at 94 provo

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
+ or - 25 points is the rule of thumb

so if they are 75 you can in theory gain skill from 50 to 100.

but like you said, your using a opposing slayer, so that will muck up the math some.

probablly -20% off that???

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The most efficient and safe method is to use 3 boats: one for Target#1, One for Target#2, and One for yourself.

x

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
of course thats BANNABLE so its not the recomended way to train it.

and if memory serves me correctlly we just had 2 guys catch ban's for doing the exact same here within the last couple months.