• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Provo gains from 105?

L

Lokida

Hey folks, Hunt here from Catskills shard. Just come back after a couple years off and I'm having a blast, except for the fact I'm getting eaten alive by Greater Dragons and Dragons in Destard trying to provoke. Is there a place to get better gains that is say not as costly? I'm not into the whole putting animals on boats and mindlessly provoing them back and forth. I like the idea of running around and dodging mobs just no one is ever in Destard to kinda share the mobs and I'm getting crunched!

I'm a Treasure Hunter type Bard working on my Peaceing never had it before and I'm liking it so far. So basically I have GM Provoke, music, magery, mining,lockpicking,cartography, and working on peacekeeping dropping my Eval int. So if anyone has any suggestions where else to hunt to raise past 105 I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot! Btw I'm really enjoying reading the forums here very imformative and seems like a great community and active.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get provo mastery and get mana regen suit.

Just cast 1 of the mastery song over and over again. I took a char to 120 from 90 skill using mastery.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
like mentioned above i like the Cu Sidhe's the best at that level.

only thing is you can only kill them for so long, then ya have to swing out and kill demons for a bit to get your karma back positive.

what i was doing for a long while at that level was provoing the cu's onto the swoops, cause that swoops gave good karama, so i would be able to stay in there a bit longer between having to reload my karama on the demons.

and it pays pretty good too.
each cu pays like 1600 gold.
and swoops are even more then that.

and you get T maps off both cus and swoops.

but ya, definally get the bard mastery for provo.
that will also alow you to use your bard skills faster, in like 6 seconds instead of like 10.
and you also get gains ever time it does a skills check.
so you basically double your gain rate, if not triple it.

L

Lokida

Ok I got the Provo Mastery and immediately started getting the gains and now I feel like I've busted through the barrier thanks folks for the advice!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just cast 1 of the mastery song over and over again. I took a char to 120 from 90 skill using mastery.
Really? Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have 111.1 skill and doing the song over and over now for about 36 minutes and haven't gained a single .1.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gains were pretty consistent for me using mastery song. It is definitely easier than trying to gain provo legally.

L

Lokida

Really? Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have 111.1 skill and doing the song over and over now for about 36 minutes and haven't gained a single .1.
I'm finding that it helps to recall to a different location every so often.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gains were pretty consistent for me using mastery song. It is definitely easier than trying to gain provo legally.
Just playing the song, did you have anyone in your party?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 100 music and 90 provo when I started using the song for gains. I did not have anyone else in the party.

I just used EC and looped the song casting along with mediation.

You need to cast the song and then cast again to stop it. If you just cast the song once and just let it tick, you will not gain anything from the upkeep ticks.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw this works great with Discord as well. Just cast tribulation on yourself.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Figured out why I wasn't gaining.... was at the skill cap and didn't have anything turned down :/
:gee:

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have to have true 90 skill to undertake the bard quests? Or can you use jewelry to get 90, and then get the quests?

Gains are slow - so if I can gain just by playing the songs, then I'll make a super-duper mana regen suit and see if that works.

SDA1A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, it just doesn't seem to gain if you spam the spell....

B

Boomers

wow! thanks guys, didnt know you could gain skill from the spells! i guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday... is it faster gains than provo'ing cu's post gm?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
from what i have seen it is.

chiefly cause there is no risk.

but you do need high mana, med, focus and a nice suit to do it effectively.

i dont know if the gains are faster or if it just seems that way cause you can cast the spell every 2 seconds instead of waiting the 6 for provo