• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Properties that were removed from weapons and armor?

RFrost

Visitor
Returning player, I have a bunch of older stuff in the bank.

Does anyone remember what magical properties stopped spawning on items? It was years ago and something like HCI on Shields? Or something like that?

Didn't want to scrap any rares ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That got me thinking actually...
UBWS on Bows is another, and of course the HCI on shields that you mentioned that've gone, as well as Self Repair.
Going back even further would give you a lot more on weapons, essentially anything with a Spell charges (except wands, which are now spawning again).

RFrost

Visitor
That got me thinking actually...
UBWS on Bows is another, and of course the HCI on shields that you mentioned that've gone, as well as Self Repair.
Going back even further would give you a lot more on weapons, essentially anything with a Spell charges (except wands, which are now spawning again).
Thanks for getting back,
Did all Self Repair go away for everything or just shields - funny I have a self repair shield with HCI in that bank. I do have some old charged stuff too... amazing what you find.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pretty much everything, from the top of my head there's only one item that still spawns with SR - that's the Ancient Samurai Helm, and that only comes from the Heritage Token.
It was definitely one of the more "useful" properties...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
HCI was added back to shields for loot drops with the new loot system.

I can't remember if you can actually Imbue it or not, or if you have to go farming for a shield if you want it.