• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Problems with the guardians

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some 6 level t-maps decoded before the patch.
They works well but there are some problems with the guardians.
At 6 level spawn 5 guardians. Sometimes 2 ancient wyrm, 2 balron and a titano.
Ok, they are difficult but also before the patch it's the same ( also if there was 4 monsters instead of 5).
But... surprise! The "guardians" are really "guardians".
I mean that they are around the chest. If you try to send away them they move for a little then come back around the chest. It takes to me no time to kill only one ancient wyrm :(
Obiouvsly it's impossible to attack 2 ancient wyrms and 2 balrons together.
I think it's a little bug because to kill all monsters in a same time it's impossible!
Someone has found the same problem to kill the guardians?

S

Stupid Miner

I have some 6 level t-maps decoded before the patch.
They works well but there are some problems with the guardians.
At 6 level spawn 5 guardians. Sometimes 2 ancient wyrm, 2 balron and a titano.
Ok, they are difficult but also before the patch it's the same ( also if there was 4 monsters instead of 5).
But... surprise! The "guardians" are really "guardians".
I mean that they are around the chest. If you try to send away them they move for a little then come back around the chest. It takes to me no time to kill only one ancient wyrm :(
Obiouvsly it's impossible to attack 2 ancient wyrms and 2 balrons together.
I think it's a little bug because to kill all monsters in a same time it's impossible!
Someone has found the same problem to kill the guardians?
I'd suggest archery to lure them out one at a time. When it snaps back to the chest, just lure it again. Repeat until they're all dead.
You could probably get by with a Mage Weapon bow and tactics and maybe Chivalry if you want.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used a pet with second account to attack them and clear them out

I have a provoker and a tamer in the mix when doing level 6's. I can get them far enough away so the others dont ALL jump in but when i get 2 or 3 I can provoke them onto eachether which helps ALOT. Soloing them looks to be VERY difficult, not impossible but difficult.

I am glad you now have to actually kill them off, otherwis there would be TONS of htem just out roaming as T hinting weinies would just loot the good itmes and run away.

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard all the way... my best soloing trick (before AW's got a buff.. not sure how they are now).. do what ever trick you use to get away from chest for initial spawn... then precase invis, run towards the chest, just until you see the chest or the forst Mob... then go invis.. bring up any Mobs health bars and provoke them.. as more come in, keep provoking... also provkoe back-forth between the MOBs, trying to get all their health down at the same time... get a couple earthies and have them assisting with the killing, and use them to kill off the last MOB.. I do this lots and it work's 99% of the time to get rid of all the MOBs from th initial spawn.

You can also use the Earthies after the initial spawn, create two a screen apart, but within view of the chest.. when a baddie spawns, run off screen, ensure mob is aggro on earthy, go back and quickly pull more stuff out to get another MOB.. it takes a while from here..

I've found Bards take care of initial spawn fast, then tamers take care of other spawn fast... for soloing though I prefer the Bard, just too much a pain for a tamer with high end initial spawn..

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My T-Hunter was good. I don't want to change it. The problem is that before the patch i killed one monster each time because they went around the chest, also far away, and now i can't :(
I thought there was a little bug to fix but if it's normal i prepare myself and my pet to die a little more :sad2:
Thanks to all :)

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have actually no probs soloing a level 6 with my tamer t-hunter. As stated here on this thread you might have to keep attacking when they "teleport" back to the chest spot after a certain time. And for one thing I observed on other fellow t hunters, alot of them first attack the biggies? I find it much better to kill off the minor monsters first (blood ellies titans etc) then finish off the AW etc. normall with vet and magery I can keep my GD in good shape when he is fighting an AW and a GD at the same time. Whats not so good is you fighting an AW and 3 bloodellies one poison ellie and other stuff are also bashing at your GD..So kill the small stuff first! And if I do find out that trying to kill 3 AW's one GD and one Balron at the same time wont work:lol: I run off without my pet invis then logout...then log back in and oila your pet shoiuld be alright. And if he did die..well np he will get his skills back in no time rolleyes:

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using Mysticism at the moment. Only have problems with Felucca Level 6, being on Siege, as the Wyrms as a *******.

My rising Colossus can do a fair amount of damage at times, if not dispelled, but its just finishing off the wyrm. Usually when its got little or no visible health left it'll bounce around, sometimes 'jumping', and end up getting lots of heals in.

I think its just practice really, trying to get in a good combo with the other Myst spells to try and finish it off as quickly as possible.

Anyway, did an Ilshenar Level 6, and soloed it very easily with Rising Colossus. LOL just weird variance.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still kill the guardians one at a time. They do sometimes wander off a bit from the main crowd, making you able to lure it with your GD.

When the guardians are up I usually circle them, trying to find those that are standing a bit away from the others. I go for the poison ellies, blood ellies and the Titans first, then move to Balrons and save the AW for last. If it agrees:)

Even if it does pop back to the chest, just stay where you are. They will come back. Very agressive beasties. Sometimes I try to string them out, as they move in different pace. The AW and the GD being the slowest, the poison ellie the fastest. That way my GD will have killed the lesser spawn before the big ones get there. That pop back to the chest can sometimes be a saving grace for my GD.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serafi, my problem is when spawn 2 AW.
Before the patch they go around, also far of the chest. And i killed one , and after the second one.
Now, if spawn 2 AW, they are alsways one near the other. And that make me in trouble ( normally i die :( )

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to inch in and pick up one of their health bars. Then attack it while running off the screen at the same time to draw it off. If they both come, then wait until they return to the chest/stop attacking. Then just run up and double click the health bar at the edge of the screen and drag the beast a safe distance away and commence the slaying. :eek:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv found my sampire easiest for soloing lvl 6 maps, i just honor myself just before the chest pops up then smash away at all the lower lvl ones and leave the wyrms till last. Can usually kill everything before the honor runs out easily, if not you can just honor yourself drag them away 1 by 1 :)

I did have one chest that spawned 5 ancient wyrm guardians :sad3:, i nearly pooped myself when i saw them, that one took some time!

Thunderz

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
I did have one chest that spawned 5 ancient wyrm guardians :sad3:, i nearly pooped myself when i saw them, that one took some time!

Thunderz
Wow! What a beautiful thing you have sayed to me!
When i see 2 of them i tremble. With 5 i directly die :sad2:

Hendric, I try to use your tactic but i often are OOooOOoo. Me and my pet.
But i continue to go to treasure because i love it. Also before the patch i love go treasure!
Now i die a little more but it's ok.
I only hoped that it was a little bug to fix. If itì's the right way ok :thumbup1:

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serafi, my problem is when spawn 2 AW.
Before the patch they go around, also far of the chest. And i killed one , and after the second one.
Now, if spawn 2 AW, they are alsways one near the other. And that make me in trouble ( normally i die :( )
2 AW we all are in trouble :) But it can be done. I use my own character to lure one away. Just inch yourself one tile at a time to one, then run back the minute it aggros. I can vet two AW at a time on my tamer, if they are NOT at high health and mana. The problem for me at least is usually to kill them off if they start flying. And convince my GD I know best who and what to kill first... I have started to spam mana drain when the AW is low. I think it helps, so it can`t heal itself so easily. Of course, with no room for eval intel I don`t know how I`m actually draining. But I think it helps anyway...

I am however very happy about the gold increase in those level 6 chests. I think I must spend a large sum of that just in insurance.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I do is park my greater dragon two screens away so it wont be lured in by the spawn. Then after the chest starts to come up is pre-cast invis. Then when it pops up I invis myself. I run about half a screen towards my dragon and start to cast invis again, making sure one of the monsters decides to come after me. Then I run past my dragon and invis myself, and then sic the dragon on it. Usually this is far enough away so I am only fighting the one monster, but close enough so it wont go back to the chest.

O

Old Man of UO

What I do is park my greater dragon two screens away so it wont be lured in by the spawn. Then after the chest starts to come up is pre-cast invis. Then when it pops up I invis myself. I run about half a screen towards my dragon and start to cast invis again, making sure one of the monsters decides to come after me. Then I run past my dragon and invis myself, and then sic the dragon on it. Usually this is far enough away so I am only fighting the one monster, but close enough so it wont go back to the chest.
It's hard to park the Rising Colossus, but this is pretty much the method I use with my Mystic T-Hunter. It's a bit of a pain then I get 3 or more Ancient Wyrms or even worse, Greater Dragons, but can handle almost any treasure chest spawn this way.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same similar I use, However I have barding on my thunter so bard the larger mobs before hiding and bringing in the GD.