• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems connecting to Ultima

N

Nannerpuss

I am a returning player and just reinstalled ultima. My client is up to date, and my firewall has uo on exceptions. When I put in my Username and Password, which are correct, it keeps telling me that it "Cannot connect to Ultima, please try again in a few moments," or something along those lines.

I'm in desperate need of assistance. Thank you.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back!

Besides UO.exe, add client.exe to your firewall exception list as well.

If still doesn't work, turn off firewall and see if you can connect. This is to confirm whether if it's a firewall issue.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So neither of the following works?

1) adding client.exe
2) turning firewall off completely

Which UO client are you running? The classic client (2D) or the enhanced client?

Based on your first post, it patched successfully right? ie you get the following message?

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Patch session completed.​

See if this page helps

http://support.uo.com/tech_0.html

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a similar problem - I finally fixed it with a client uninstall & reinstall, then letting the 2D client patch up to full WITHOUT UOAssist.

For some reason, something in my security software was making the patcher choke after every individual client patch, forcing me to exit, restart, and then re-authorize the "changed files"; lather, rinse, repeat - until I did it without UOA.

U

UOKaiser

Im not sure if you solved this yet. Depneding on your firewall. If you were able to patch correctly you must remmemebr the servers use different ip addresses than the client. though am not sure on your firewall configuration but when I need to connect Uo I will have to make sure that the ip for my chosen servers is also free to be used. Also make sure you not running peerblock or anything similar. Once again If your firewall blocks by IP of course.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on your OS (not mentioned), running as administrator under Vista or 7 alleviates this problem completely, including running under UOA.

G

gjohnson5

If your firewall has a "learning mode" try this and then run the game. The firewall in this setting should write the rules it need to allow you to play the game