• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems Buying from UOGAMECODES.COM - New info...Got a phone number from Jeremy!

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've emailed jeremy 3 times about this with no response. Myself and a friend haven't been able to purchase anything from the web site for MONTHS!
Anybody else having this issue?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Is this a SEPARATE company or is it a part of EA or Mythic? I would guess separate company that has nothing directly to do with EA.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes I've tried many times to order the 7th char slot & increased storage combo. It says the billing address I enter doesn't match the one on my credit card. But it does!

So I followed their advice and wrote to them saying please bill my current account with the credit card I use for that account.

No answer and I'm sick of trying

U

ultima online

Is this a SEPARATE company or is it a part of EA or Mythic? I would guess separate company that has nothing directly to do with EA.
it has everything to do with EA, uogamecodes.com is THE official website for buying uo things such as gametime codes, increased bank and house storage codes, 7th char slot codes as well as legacy, name change, sex change, adv char and xfer tokens

D

DHMagicMan_1

Then I guess calling that 866 number listed in the error message and following those directions would be the best bet... seems like Jeremy's been busy lately with the Town Hall and the Publish.

J

Jeremy

Have you tried calling? That's the way to actually talk to the billing team - they're the folks who can best help you.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you tried calling? That's the way to actually talk to the billing team - they're the folks who can best help you.
Call it Jeremy. Just for kicks. See how long it takes you to talk to real person. When I tried months ago it only gave me recordings telling me to go to easomething.com. It was not until someone on uhall posted not to hit any button choices they give you, just stay silent and finally someone would get on the line. I did that but the gent had no idea how to help me, as kind as he was he would not take my cc info so I could buy a gametime code. It was very frustrating.

J

Jeremy

Well, that's why I'm asking. "I followed the steps and they didn't help" is a different issue than "I haven't tried that option yet."

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree! I was not trying to be disrespectful. Call it. If we are going to lead someone down that road find out where it takes them first. I would rather that then have them more frustrated in the end.

F

feath

I've also tried for months and not been able to buy anything. Iirc, it usually stalled on the way to the billing page...said there was no such account, whatever the error, i've not been able to buy anything off the page.
The one time I called (international) I managed to get a (trainee) person who took 1 full hour to take my order (a second account). It was a nightmare.

I've literally never had so much trouble giving someone my money.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I refuse to pay long distance phone charges to order something that will take possibly an hour or more to resolve, when it's offered on-line.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that's why I'm asking. "I followed the steps and they didn't help" is a different issue than "I haven't tried that option yet."
Yes I called. No use. There is no option for trouble with that web site when you call that number. Isn't even any option to speak to a human. It says to dial 1 but there isn't even an option to dial any number! It's all voice recognition now!

H

Harb

Hi Jeremy, I've tried to purchase items, and occassionally succeed. It depends on what you're purchasing, how many you purchase, and when you try. Within a given month, I can purchase two each of anything. Each purchase can contain only one of any given item, quantities will not update. It was most notable when buying legacy tokens for soul stone redemption. I could buy only one each order, and after the second order, would get an error message. Calling does work, if you can navigate the confusing instructions and get to someone who can help. It's very unfriendly, and as someone posted above, the most amazing bad experience I've ever had trying to give someone my money!

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've had to deal with the folks at that number three times before and I will say the experience was the widest range of quality of service I've ever had.

UO Game Codes wasn't emailing me the code for the ML upgrade when my wife & I came back to the game, so I called the number to see what we could do to fix the problem. The first time I called in the morning and got ahold of a CS who while extremely hard to understand due to the thick middle east accent was able to help me in short order. However, when the same thing happened again when upgrading my second account the person I called in the evening was combative, unhelpful, and kept changing the excuse as to why they couldn't help me, refused to put me through to a supervisor, etc etc. When I called back the next morning the person I talked to sent me the code right away... go figure.

I have yet to upgrade my third account as I'm a bit gun shy about going through the hassle again.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've emailed jeremy 3 times about this with no response. Myself and a friend haven't been able to purchase anything from the web site for MONTHS!
Anybody else having this issue?

I've had that issue ever since I came back to UO. It never accepts my Username and password. It always says something is wrong with it. I've already tried "User name" and UO_User name... I've tried it all, including Emailing people, sending questions, and the boards... nothing has helped. I just find it sad that EA doesn't want my money, and doesn't allow me to order anything.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've talked to billing before. They told me they could not help; that it was such and such's job; and basically told me to call again. Following the instructions the Billing people gave me, took me no where.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got some info back from Jeremy!

Ok, I did get a phone number that will actually work – the billing team said that was an old one that should definitely not be popping up, and they have sent off angry emails to that effect to the correct people. In the meantime, you can call 650-628-1001 and they can help you order your items.
I don't have time to try the phone number yet but I will be soon. If anybody tries it post if it is successful or not!

T

T_Amon_from_work

I tried it ... it is an EA number. Electronic menu ... select option #2 off the top, then follow the prompts. I got to verbally specifying the game I was calling about to the system.

It is an EA number ... it is working at least up to that point.

Good luck!

L

love2winalot

Hail: The part about your address does not match the visa/debit card, is common on a lot of internet sites. When you move, and do a change of addrees, and do it at the bank, sometimes, EA, or paypal, or others, are still using your OLD address. Sometimes you enter the old address will get it to go thru. :)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we had that issue before... not lately thou ....

System used to not like APO adresses

F

feath

Got some info back from Jeremy!

Ok, I did get a phone number that will actually work – the billing team said that was an old one that should definitely not be popping up, and they have sent off angry emails to that effect to the correct people. In the meantime, you can call 650-628-1001 and they can help you order your items.
I don't have time to try the phone number yet but I will be soon. If anybody tries it post if it is successful or not!
There wouldn't be any love for international players, who need to call REALLY long distance?

P

pavel.vesely

I purchased Mondain Legacy upgrade on www.uogamecodes.com and I have got my code. Problem is that even after two weeks I cannot use it. Every time I try to apply code to my account on account management web, it times out, after I accept terms and conditions. Now I don't know if I was billed. I will see that next week and if I was, I will use harder words on EA support, not 'pretty please I like to use code I have purchased and I am still waiting to your help'.

Pavel Veselý

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the EA websites for UO are disgraceful in general. How does something like this stay broken for months or years?

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try a different web browser......Ive had the same problem...

L

love2winalot

Samething just happened to me, kept timing out on the accept tos page. Switched browzer to firefox, and it went thru in less than 3 seconds. :bowdown:

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got more info from Jeremy......Don't use fake phone numbers!

You should be good to go now. What had happened was at some point you’d put in a dummy phone number, and the system didn’t like it and got all mad at you. It’s better now.
Thanks Jeremy!

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh poo…..Just tried the web site again……..It didn’t work…..got the same message with the same phone number on it…. =(

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gamecodes site doesn't recognize the fact that my account exists and never has. I buy all my crap through brokers.

N

NekidNFearless

I've been having the same problem purchasing a code. I remember reading the ea faq that you can purchase via email. just provide the last 8 digits of the credit card associated with the account or something like that.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been years, they should have fixed it. I'll buy probably-duped tokens from brokers and then use them up before anyone can catch me with them, just to punish EA for never fixing it's site.

thejammonster

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt even think about changing browsers. i was getting an error about one account password not matching and the other said the account wasnt 30 days old. tried internet explorer and was able to log in with both

K

Katlene

thats really weird. i purchased the 7th char & storage upgrade the other day without a drama

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried calling them lately? Getting past the automatic responces is aggrivating, if you are lucky enough to get a customer service rep it only gets worse. Say what? no no my account name is, no my acco... lets spell it out, no hold on it was a e as in elephant no, no, the letter E!!!! Yes E nice! next letter is.... damn it *click*
:wall: