• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem

D

DAR420KT

Ive downloaded the client from the site installed it, it wont patch this version, ive re installed it, doawnloaded it from diffrent sites. defraged my pc shut off my firewall, deleted patch notes/patch files re instaled, also changed to service pack 2 vista, idk im using 7.
i dont know what else to do, how can i change the firewall settings in my modem to allow the download of the patch that was what someone else told me but i could never figure out how to do.

This is what it says when i try to use it.

ould not connect to patch server 159.153.197.91:8888
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Random snippets from EA's knowledge base. The second, the stuck file, is often the culprit, but since you say you deleted the patch file and tried again, it could be a connectivity issue, which means #3.

1.) If you are running Ultima Online behind a firewall or using a proxy server, you will need these port numbers open:

• TCP/IP ports: 5001-5010
  • Game: 7775-7777
  • Login: 8888
  • Patch: 8800-8900
  • UO Messenger: 9999
2.) There may have been an issue while the patch was downloading that caused a file to remain in the patch folder. This will cause the patch to fail. To resolve this, locate the Patch folder within the Ultima Online directory on the hard drive and delete any files contained in the folder. Once this is completed, launch the game from the Windows Start menu. This will re-start the patching process.

3.) If the PC is virus free and you have enough space, your connection to the patch server may have a problem. Run a trace to the patch server (compassion.owo.com) as follows:

Open a command prompt by clicking Start --> Run, then type cmd in the Run box, press enter.

At the command prompt type: tracert
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]compassion.owo.com then press enter. (I also suggest you try the trace using the actual IP address from your message [/FONT]159.153.197.91.)

-Skylark