• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with transfer crates in PvP...

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players can access it while PvPing and replenish their stock of potions after resing.

They basically access stacks of potions in the transfer crate and remove some at will.

It's the same for apples, petals, bolas and bandages.

Limit it's use to safe log out spots ONLY.

Fix it before it get's abused...

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players can access it while PvPing and replenish their stock of potions after resing.

They basically access stacks of potions in the transfer crate and remove some at will.

It's the same for apples, petals, bolas and bandages.

Limit it's use to safe log out spots ONLY.

Fix it before it get's abused...
Heh, did someone find a way to stop you from killing them? rofl.

Too bad all the "tricks" you use wont let you kill them.

But you are correct, it should be fixed.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't stop them from killing the person, but it allows them to restock mid fight.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should function like a bank box, when your near the banker, you should be able to use the context menu, or say something like... "luggage" to access the transfer crate at bank locations.

The transfer crate being as portable as it is causes some issues in itself, especially in prior exploits.

If such a fix is to be implemented though, be sure it doesn't break any prior exploit fixes, or introduces new ones. A simple check as to whether or not the player is near a bank before it opens would be the best solution in my opinion.

W

Wallenstein

Limiting the usage of transfer crates to safe logout locations only would mean that players would be unable to unload their transfer crates directly to their bank boxes-- something I'm sure people wouldn't be thrilled about.

Also, transfer crates are only active for one week. If after the first week there are still items in the crate, all items along with the crate are deleted and no longer retrievable by any means.

Z

Zurloth

Limiting the usage of transfer crates to safe logout locations only would mean that players would be unable to unload their transfer crates directly to their bank boxes-- something I'm sure people wouldn't be thrilled about.

Also, transfer crates are only active for one week. If after the first week there are still items in the crate, all items along with the crate are deleted and no longer retrievable by any means.
If they want somthing that they transferd put directly into there bank, why wouldnt they just put it into the bank before transfering?

That means that on the seventh day you take everything out im not sure how that is anything to this.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, did someone find a way to stop you from killing them? rofl.

Too bad all the "tricks" you use wont let you kill them.

But you are correct, it should be fixed.
Just like Chad said. We can kill them. We just can't carry all the loot!!

I'm giving EA 2 weeks to fix or comment on this. After that, I'm going to consider it's part of the transfer service.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who really gives a crap if someone can restock their potions easier for one week after paying for a transfer? Go ahead and "consider it part of the service" since I doubt anyone else will even notice.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW ... that's awsome! I think if I ever leave a shard I am going to stock up on supplies and leave them in my crate.. LOL... horrible though it needs to be fixed... someone was not thinking, but someone else was totally happy to figure that out im sure.... :D

I guess there can be traveling sales man now!

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who really gives a crap if someone can restock their potions easier for one week after paying for a transfer? Go ahead and "consider it part of the service" since I doubt anyone else will even notice.
You're absolutely right BeefyBone. This is definately not something players can easily abuse but trust me when I say it's a problem for the die hard PvPers!!