• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Problem with targeting, a simple fix.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I can't seem to target properly with the SA client.

Example: I have a mob targeted and want to apply a bandage on a pet.
I made a macro: Use bandage > Wait for target cursor > Cursor target stored.

That macro doesn't work since the client attempts to use the bandage on the current target before having the opportunity to chose a target.

Question: how can I select the target I want to heal before applying the bandage? The command workaround [script TargetWindow.ClearPreviousTarget()] to remove the current selection doesn't seem to work for me, and commands are akward anyway and shouldn't be mandatory for the average user.

Suggestion: implement an 'Ignore current target' action we can put in front of our macro chains.

If this already exists, feel free to enlighten me, thank you :pint:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you just drop your bandages onto a hotbar slot, right-click it and select Target->Stored. Works fine for me in all situations.

(P.S.: You should definitely switch Legacy Targeting off!)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can right-click on it and choose target-cursor.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you just drop your bandages onto a hotbar slot, right-click it and select Target->Stored. Works fine for me in all situations.

(P.S.: You should definitely switch Legacy Targeting off!)
Because legacy targeting does not allow for 'target next object' functions, which makes it a pain to loot monsters who fall right next on top of eachother.

Anyway, any modern game coded by any dude in his basement has those basic targeting functions without needing workarounds of any kind.

What you suggest only works with legacy targeting, anything involving bandages with the new client will give the 'you can't heal that' message if your current target is hostile.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you suggest only works with legacy targeting, anything involving bandages with the new client will give the 'you can't heal that' message if your current target is hostile.
Umm... no. What both I and Hawkeye suggested only work with Legacy Targetting off. You will also only have your problem with Legacy Targetting off since with Legacy Targetting on it is always target:cursor.

Drag bandages onto a slot.
Right click the bandages.
Change the target mode to...
1. Target: self if you want to always use it on yourself
2. Target: stored if you want to always use it on a specific target
3. Target: cursor if you want it to bring up a cursor so you click on somebody
4. Target: current if you want it to always target whatever you've got selected

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand corrected, this indeed works.

What I was trying to achieve is to make macros that do not appear on hotbars, hence my problem.

Oh well, I guess i'll have to put everything on hotbars then, nm

A

Ash

I stand corrected, this indeed works.

What I was trying to achieve is to make macros that do not appear on hotbars, hence my problem.

Oh well, I guess i'll have to put everything on hotbars then, nm
you should be able to still do the same thing with macro as with putting it directly onto a hotbar.

Create macro, drag the bandages to the macro and right click the bandages and select targeting. No need for hotbar if you prefer to have it done in the macro system even it is just a single action. I use lots of single action macros purely so I can change the icon.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:twak:

All right, the funniest part in this is that someone probably thought this would be an amazingly easy macro system.

Now I can explain my 2 other friends having the exact same problem as me how to get things working.

:dunce: