• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

problem with evil omen

• Thread starter captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

captainobvious

i started living at the ophids lately since the turn in events started with my dexer. at some point during the first day of fighting, i had evil omen cast on me and for 3 weeks now(nearly) IT WILL NOT COME OFF. ive died, tried eating things, casting remove curse, even tithed..... i cant think of anything to get this off!! is there a simple procedure for this that i am not thinking of?? or have i caught some kind of glitch?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i started living at the ophids lately since the turn in events started with my dexer. at some point during the first day of fighting, i had evil omen cast on me and for 3 weeks now(nearly) IT WILL NOT COME OFF. ive died, tried eating things, casting remove curse, even tithed..... i cant think of anything to get this off!! is there a simple procedure for this that i am not thinking of?? or have i caught some kind of glitch?

I had the exact same thing happen to me and I had to page a GM to have it removed. I am not sure if it was actually effecting me for a month ( don't think so) bump seeing the gump there meant you didn't know when it was actually ON you!

Page a gm ...it is a quick fix!

TW

C

captainobvious

ok, sometimes go with your gut i guess. i just didnt want to page them , wait for an hour and have them say.... "eat an apple, idiot" lol

P

ParadoxUO

Or "ask a necro friend to cast evil omen and magic arrow" ...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or "ask a necro friend to cast evil omen and magic arrow" ...

That didn't do it for me...it took GM intervention...I had to page a couple times....I made sure I said I had this evil omen gump on me for a month...that seems to get their attention!

P

ParadoxUO

Maybe you got the "evil eye" :D

You should join us tonight for the gauntlet... it is a blast.

Tamer or Archer... or mage/necro/sw... or whatever.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah lol no thanks I am KOS with DB4/GRI and the other clone guilds!

Frankly I don't have a problem with it.....cause I tend to Kill DB4/GRI on sight as well!

:)
TW

P

ParadoxUO

So that is why you went red?

You know... killing trammies on their first visit to Felluca isnt nice.

Jolie was lost for the entire evening after she got killed and gated into an empty island...

Tags or past history... just not nice. :lame:

and GRI never visits Felluca... so I doubt you are KOS... the vast majority will come to Fell for the first time in June.

And your war with DB4... none of our business.

And I have never seen you in Felluca and I play there for a large part of the day... you play uo at all?

and of course... if you attack GRI... I will kill you.... over and over... but peace is alot more enjoyable... so join us for the vanguard wars, gauntlet... rping wars... join the FUN!

... you can also join the UP tournament in two days... there you can ... try... to kill the Circle.

Cya on the battle field and enjoy UO!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I went red killing your GM and other GRI members. GRI and DB4 are the same guild, anyone that spends anytime in the game knows this. So no reason to deny it. You kill a few GRI and they return as DB4 or vice versa..depending on whether they are fighting reds or blues.

GRI doesn't go to fel?? Then explain how I went red killing their blues night after night in multiple house battles and champ spawns. We would kill Pitr and all his red buddies so they would call in blues...so a few of us would kill them too and take the counts.

Now admittedly I haven't played in a couple months....heck long enough for my red to turn blue again. Real life gets like that when you have jobs and responsibilities.

SO ya you can check with your GM, Being the pillar of honesty that we all know he is I am sure he will confirm he has broken the GRI vow of never strike first repeatedly... and that I am KOS to him and the clones!

Oh I don't think I have met Jolie...but send her along...If she wears the tag then she deserves the bag!

TW

L

LMAO

No I went red killing your GM and other GRI members.
you went red killing him, the poster... one and the same

GRI and DB4 are the same guild, anyone that spends anytime in the game knows this. So no reason to deny it. You kill a few GRI and they return as DB4 or vice versa..depending on whether they are fighting reds or blues.
Correct you are on this one.. good job TW

GRI doesn't go to fel?? Then explain how I went red killing their blues night after night in multiple house battles and champ spawns. We would kill Pitr and all his red buddies so they would call in blues...so a few of us would kill them too and take the counts.
History... GRI began in fel and the wish of the almighty master is to return.. already has. Not as friendly a welcome as he had liked but well that happens when you don't choose your friends wisely.

Now admittedly I haven't played in a couple months....heck long enough for my red to turn blue again. Real life gets like that when you have jobs and responsibilities.
Meh, happens to the best of us.

SO ya you can check with your GM, Being the pillar of honesty that we all know he is I am sure he will confirm he has broken the GRI vow of never strike first repeatedly... and that I am KOS to him and the clones!
Honest? (oh sorry, I'm slow, that was sarcasim)
actually the "rule" is only attack those that attack us.. err some gibberish like that. Oh soooo lets go over here and join this guild or that guild so we can act like them and do as we please. Or hell better yet, lets create a new guild and build an alliance with evil pvp guilds.. but you can keep your crafters over here in GRI.

Oh I don't think I have met Jolie...but send her along...If she wears the tag then she deserves the bag!

TW
Ahh yes the noob in fel game... I really think he gets his kicks from seeing a newly created character ( or just pure clueless) get smashed in fel. Makes for an exciting entrance to the world of UO.

All in all TW.. very well said

It is really sad to see where it has ended up and I just have to look away when I see some poor noob pop in and they say, "we are in Haven come play with us" poor saps Thats :lame:

Coming up next: the shadows start trying to figure out who in GRI is a spy!!:eek:
LMAO

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I knew that post would bring the rats out of the sewers.....:)

Welcome back everyone.....with this good of a turn out maybe it is time to bring back the pvp thread!

OH and Nystul I won't deny you have killed me at your leisure, I have no issue in falling to someone of better skill!

I only take issue with dying to someone with speed hacks!

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you quit pvping!

I don't know any pvpers from stratics forums. Last I heard most of them all got banned, except me, cause I am just sly like that.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you quit pvping!

I don't know any pvpers from stratics forums. Last I heard most of them all got banned, except me, cause I am just sly like that.
I haven't quit pvping, I pvp everynight....just not in UO. But that happens I am sure I will start to log into UO more eventually.

As far as most getting banned...well no one was more disappointed then I when it was discovered most of the regs from the pvp thread were evading bans. I even petitioned for many of them to be unbanned..and I pmmed them with what they had to do.

Guess it wasn't worth the effort for them!

TW

D

Daddy

hahaha didnt take what 20 minutes for my post to be deleted. I must have called the wrong person out. You all know Timberwolf owns this website, kinda like I own him in UO WoW and irl.

D

Daddy

Hey Timber you better start deleting the other posts where people are attacking others. I would hate to see mine be the only ones deleted. As you are a Mod here Im sure you dont "Own" this board. If you are gonna regulate you might want to keep it fair. :)

Hey wait that would include some of your posts... :p

D

Daddy

Ah lol no thanks I am KOS with DB4/GRI and the other clone guilds!

Frankly I don't have a problem with it.....cause I tend to Kill DB4/GRI on sight as well!

TW
From what I can see this is the exact post the trash talk started...Oh lookie there, TimberWolf is the one who posted it. I'm sure he will tell us differant because "Other Clone Guilds" is not a comment most would view as belittling.

Nice example we set Mister UO Moderator. :lame: