• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Priming" stealables

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've finished up my thief char and have been enjoying the stealth dungeon walks and managed to pick up a few items on the way.

My question is regarding the stealables that spawn in the NPC shops. I have read through THIS thread and tried the different locations. Mainly Serpent's Hold (Trammel and Fel).

Sometimes in the blacksmiths I get the wire but thats about as exciting as it gets.

Does the facet make any difference to what might spawn? I have also tried the chests in the Tinkers but never get anything from them. Always 3x keyrings that I can't steal or take.

I've tried various methods that are mentioned in the post. I've unlocked then returned 20 minutes later and either the same items or nothing. Whats the secret to this?

I'm particularly after the "Tool Kit" and the "Chisels", or anything a bit more exciting than wire or ore!

Any pointers for a rookie thief would be fantastic.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I've tried 3 days in a row to get the "plate of food". I think i'm at the right location. There is 4 small houses south of brit.

I've tried to eat them, it says I can't as they belong to someone else. I can't steal them either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to be in a certain house?

B

Blueice_99

Some of the things you want may no longer be available or were server birth rares. Locations given for items is often where you could get them, but possibly after a huge pub or an addition to game they could be accidentally turned back on for a time... so doesn't hurt to look in some places...
Other items like daily rares are first come first serve... meaning get there at server up pronto to have a chance. Granted on some servers I've found dailies available well after server up, guess some have been forgotten.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I've tried 3 days in a row to get the "plate of food". I think i'm at the right location. There is 4 small houses south of brit.

I've tried to eat them, it says I can't as they belong to someone else. I can't steal them either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to be in a certain house?
I haven't tried to get those in a long time, but I think someone else said you can't get them anymore because the guard zone was increased to cover those houses.