• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Price check on jewels + 30/30 Fletching tali

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I will bid higher, But I think I will wait until the poster "chimes in" with a response. No need to keep "bidding" if not an auction. :)

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
hi.
it's not auction. i've gotten a dozen or so PMs about the tali alone. mainly a long the lines of "how much are you looking for?" but also things like "please add end date, what is end date for auction?". i've no idea what I would ask for it. That's why I made a price check thread and included it.

i have no intention of making an "auction" and currently i'm not very interested in selling it, was just curious as to it's worth. because who knows, something uninteresting might turn into something interesting.

i appreciate the interest. on a side note (incoming mini-rant), i understand that a value appraisal of anything is directly relative to the demand, interest and/or availability of thing and thus can be inconsistent as that the gross value would largely differ from person to person, but even so, when did people forget how to read simple things? When did everything with a picture posted into a thread magically turn into an auction? not just regarding this but that it seems to be a common thing on stratics these days.

tl;dr:
auctions are boring. not auction.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hi.
it's not auction. i've gotten a dozen or so PMs about the tali alone. mainly a long the lines of "how much are you looking for?" but also things like "please add end date, what is end date for auction?". i've no idea what I would ask for it. That's why I made a price check thread and included it.

i have no intention of making an "auction" and currently i'm not very interested in selling it, was just curious as to it's worth. because who knows, something uninteresting might turn into something interesting.

i appreciate the interest. on a side note (incoming mini-rant), i understand that a value appraisal of anything is directly relative to the demand, interest and/or availability of thing and thus can be inconsistent as that the gross value would largely differ from person to person, but even so, when did people forget how to read simple things? When did everything with a picture posted into a thread magically turn into an auction? not just regarding this but that it seems to be a common thing on stratics these days.

tl;dr:
auctions are boring. not auction.
My thought is this: IMO If a poster is asking for a price check, then they obviously want to sell it. If someone has NO interest in selling something, then why do they need a price check? What does it matter what it's worth. I have MANY items that I don't know the value of, but I have no desire to sell them. I don't ask for price checks on them either. Also, to answer your question, since MOST of the price checks have been turned into auctions (again proving my earlier point) Just my 2 cents worth.