• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Pet Prepatch Gold-Eating White Wyrm

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently located on Catskills but could be moved to Atlantic.

It has been in the stable since 2004 or so.

pounce 1.png pounce 2.png pounce 3.png pounce 4.png pounce 5.png pounce 6.png pounce 7.png

Let me know if interested. You can PM me, reply here, or ICQ me @ 73117383

Thanks for looking!

P.S.: Also have a several more pp whites, a pp ice cu, a dreadmare (3 slot), and several OLD 2 slot nightmares and firesteeds if anyone is interested in looking.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would be interested in the other WW's and the nightmares. PM or ICQ me with stats and prices please. ICQ is.676858841

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The WW on other auctions went for around 70-75 million. I can meet you and take a look at what you have. The price of mares from other auctions are anywhere from 30-100 million depending on it's stats. If you can get them to Atlantic then I would be willing to pay those prices.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Currently located on Catskills but could be moved to Atlantic.

It has been in the stable since 2004 or so.

View attachment 84346 View attachment 84347 View attachment 84348 View attachment 84349 View attachment 84350 View attachment 84351 View attachment 84352

Let me know if interested. You can PM me, reply here, or ICQ me @ 73117383

Thanks for looking!

P.S.: Also have a several more pp whites, a pp ice cu, a dreadmare (3 slot), and several OLD 2 slot nightmares and firesteeds if anyone is interested in looking.
Id be willing to look at them on Cats.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is actually a very nice wyrm, the cold resist is near cap, but that can somewhat be forgiven.

Hits: 455/456 (1 off of cap)
Stam/Dex: 130 (cap)
Mana/Int 408/425 (range is 386-425)
Str: 760/760 (cap)

Physical: 69/70
Fire 22/25
Cold 89/90 (the only negative, leaves less points for other resists)
Poison: 47/50
Energy 48/50

Total intensity point weight is approximately 6541 out of a possible 6590 (They spawned as low as 6197)

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for not having replied.

I suppose this is now an auction on Pounce... I'll let it run until Midnight (EST) this coming Sunday. Let's make it 20m increments only to keep it simple?

In the meantime I think I've connected on ICQ with those interested in the other pets.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I suppose this is now an auction on Pounce... I'll let it run until Midnight (EST) this coming Sunday. Let's make it 20m increments only to keep it simple?

White wyrms generally go for 50-75m. I think making 20m increments will stiffle any further bids.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The price has spiraled way out of the regular pricerange (even for a high stat 760str:er, which Ive bought many of.) . Im stopping at 120m.

Good luck guys!

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know some players buy, train, and sell these pets which I have no problem with and can understand their frustration at the bids going so high that they won't make a profit. I apologize for that but I want one that is the best I can find as a keeper I can play with in the game. This is the best one I have found and willing to pay for it.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think that is terrible to turn around and say you won't go over 120M after saying you would do 210M. Granted there should have been a auction time limit at the start and rules that keep out of control bidding like this from happening but being how I am a fair dealer, I will stand by my last bid. I would also suggest a fair buyout price at the start of the auction. To go and put down rules during the middle and then people pull bids, I would ask the seller to replace the auction if that is okay with the others.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so what is the bid on this? I will buy it out at 125 or as you can see I will keep going.

I think I would set a buyout @ 350ish if not higher - or the auction could continue...

Mods can feel free to lock (or delete) this if they wish. I am not in a big rush to sell the pets anyhow.

Apologies if I caused any conflicts!

Last edited:

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No problem friend. We are all good on here and although we tend to get a little cut throat at times, it is just business. Feel free to list any other pets you have. You sound like you have a lot of nice ones. SOrry for all the confusion everyone and see you at the next auction. Lex, no hard feelings you know the game and the same to the rest of my fellow Stratics friends

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait what? I didn't pull my bid I said I would stop at 120. (I meant 125 but whatever)
Neaton said he would stop at 200.

The only one retracting seem to be you although you seem to have the highest bid, so that's the only one that counts
If you retract yours Neaton is high bidder. If he does too then I would be and I stand by my bid

If it's someone who doesn't know the game it's people who bid things up and then don't follow through lol

No hard feelings Toranaga, but you have bid up several auctions and then play possum for a long time until someone calls you out. I will of course respect you if you follow through and keep your bid at what you said or place the same bid on the other auction.

Until then I'm going to consider the normal going price of these WW at 70-100m.

Neton

Journeyman
i will stand by my 200m bid. I will be very disappointed if @Toranaga doesn't follow through his bid because he literally raised the price more than market value and not honor it.

Last edited:

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't appreciate that. I have never scammed out on a bid or not paid. Don't blame me for you bidding. What am I suppose to stop just because it gets too high? Why didn't others stop and let me have it. I sent a few messages to the seller telling him I would stick by my offer of 220M but he chose to relist it at a 300 buyout. I don't know where you get the idea that I wouldn't pay and I don't appreciate that. What kind of thing is that to say you hope I pay for it? There were others on this bidding that ended up withdrawing their bids for whatever reason but I stuck to mine and am willing to pay the price for it. Please don't write things like that about me unless you have some kind of proof where I bid on things and don't buy.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OH name one time I played anyone. I don't know what you mean about that. You see, that is what happens when one person starts negative things about you. The only time there was ever an issue was with a Cu I had won. I was in touch with the seller after the auction and made arrangements to pick it up. I have paid for everything I have won the bids on. I don't know what you mean about possum. I didn't retract my bid, the buyer pulled out and instead raised it up for a higher price. There was no time limit on this auction and if I want to spend a fortune on a pet that you don't want to, tough. I bid within the rules and pay when I win. I have never backed out of a bid or not paid. I am sure there are others on this site who can't say that but trolling me and disparaging my name when there is no good cause for it because I beat you on other auctions is childish. Please stop it because there will be a time when your unfounded rumors will cause a seller not to sell from me and in that case, you will have to explain you accusations to the moderators of this site.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not getting in the middle of whatever nonsense this is, but consider this auction officially cancelled.

I will leave the buyout of 350/OBO on the table though. Anyone interested can contact me if they wish.

Neton

Journeyman
cancelling the auction makes it more confusing and what is it now? becoming a secret auction? as a seller, you lost the credibility for any future auction. i wouldn't want to bid to an auction that could be cancelled anytime. To @Toranaga , you deny him the opportunity to buy the pet he bid for but most importantly, the opportunity for him to clear his name for not paying up. Next time if i want to bid for another pet and if i see @Toranaga bidding it, should i raise the bid and believe he would bid in good faith?

@Lex Darion it is also fair to @Toranaga if you could support your claim against him with evidence.

@Toranaga i would only blame you for raising the bid if you do not intended to honor it. but since you already said it is the pet you really wanted, i m sure you will place your new bid no less than 210m or even 350 to buy out.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I totally will. I have always honored my bids and wins. I am not the seller so it is not my choice to cancel. Look Lex , Neton, and the rest, he put up a pet for sale, I place bids so I don't see what the big deal is? I don't assume to speak or think for you and I would appreciate you taking that advice and not say things about me that you have no basis or proof of. I am contacting the moderators about your posting telling sellers I will not honor my bids when you have no proof of it. Sorry you didn't get the pet at the price you wanted but that is how it goes. I am not sure what the seller is doing. SInce this is a new auction and there was no starting bid, I put up 150M. Ok so does that mean I wont pay 220, well ,what would you have said if I started it at 220M. You would be complaining again about the high bid again. Look, the only problem is are you people. I am trying to buy this pet faithfully and have done nothing to suggest otherwise other than your unfounded and unwarranted accusations. SO HERE IS THE DEAL NOW.
Because of all your complaining that you didn't get the pet at a price you wanted, I lost out. Yea I was willing to pay but does anyone actually think the pet is worth 350M. At the start of the auction, everyone probably would have conceived it was worth maybe 150 at the extreme maximum. I would have won that auction and was the highest bidder and now I have to pay 130M more because of all your game playing? Now I have to deal with the threat that some of you will get on auctions and not drive the bid up on a pet I want just to harass me. If I were you, I would not take that chance and besides, that is the exact thing, no, that is a horrible thing to do and totally against the rules of this site.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Neton I said that he played possum.
Which was exactly what he did on the crazy bid he made on that non perfect cu . That's the thread I refer to and which he acknowledged that he ****ed up on .
Eventually after people started talking he finally contacted the seller.
He claimed to be busy irl, but for that long time? If you risk being busy irl don't bid on auctions. It's a waste of everyone's time and annoying to no end .

Also note that I wrote that I will respect him if he honors the bid. So not sure where the problem is Read my text twice next time .
For the record, what I reacted to is him suddenly saying he will buy it out for 125. Which was a huge drop for the bid he and you made.
Perhaps he just made a typo, but it still creates a lot of cunfusion.
In auctions. Seller and buyer should honor their commitments .
The seller canceling this auction was also a paux fas, especially after setting an end time.

I hold my promises even if I **** up or don't get the best deal

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As you can see, I was willing to buy it at the price of 220M even when others retracted, oh wait, you have no problems with that right? I am the bad guy here for what? What did I do exactly? Bid higher than some of your friends or what? I stated on many threads I was willing to wait until Sunday and still am. I don't know his motivation for not wanting to sell me that pet for the price I bid on but I also don't want to assume he is doing anything dishonest. You have to admit not for my and other's bids on this, they would never relist at that price and then raise it again. I don't know why he would do that but just as I don't appreciate people who don't know me assuming things they know nothing about, I don't want to assign anything to his motives. If you have a pet and don't want me as a bidder, fine that is your loss but don't get on every thread where I bid on and say untrue things that will cause the seller not to sell to me. I have said that before and will contact the moderators the next time this happens where I have to start proving things before I can bid. Yet try as you may, your not getting rid of me which I am sure some of you would like to do especially since I have been overbidding and winning auctions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That dude should take tors gold. I popped here to look at armor prices.

Y'all are insane paying >100M for a WW or a Nightmare.
They do not have that value vs a 5M Cu.

I have bought 3 nightmares for 25M. Built and sold 2 for more. The only one left is ready for scrolls. Lol I should sell it here.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pawain he knows I am a straight dealer.Yea I was pretty crazy with that WW but hey, I wanted one and that was the best. To be honest, I didn't know how much they were worth so when it got up to 220M, I still thought that was a good price since after all, I was not the only one bidding. The next one I want would be 4 slot turtle or a really great NightMare. Well the buyer has my ICQ and until Sunday to decide to sell me it for my bid price. If he won't sell it to me for some reason, I hope you all press the person who bid before me to buy it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ppl wanted 4 slot GDs and turtles because you could exploit them.

The only difference is you can set the resists and get stam and dex to 150 and you have a really low HP finished turtle.

The pets that can get > 700 strength and chiv are more desired. But none can be mounted.

Just bless your rideable pet and the strength goes over 700.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea chances on an super dragon turtle like some of the one's I have seen are low but hey, you never know. Did you ever think Don would sell Tharkos? Hey went you get back, we need to get energy drakes asap

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If it is a super strong pet then hit points are really not that important. My chiv bane has less than a cu but since it kicks butt, I never have a problem with it getting very low. Your right though, with a 4 slot turtle and 1500 training points, there is not much there to do. You might not need the hp regen since I will be running consume and that helps so yea, adding chiv and scrolling up a few stats are about all you get and if done right, maybe all you will need. I was reading that pets with over 700 str had it reduced so I was kind of worried about the WW. I didn't want to start training and as soon as it gained a slot, watch it's str drop.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never had any intention of this controversy happening.

The only reason I posted about cancelling etc was because things were starting to look obviously fishy, and even moreso when the other WW sale thread popped up.

As soon as bids started being retracted then reinserted I considered the whole thing null and void.

As for allegations about secret sales or WTF ever, it is known by all that I've never been anything but honest in any trading in UO.

Last edited:

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never had any intention of this controversy happening.

The only reason I posted about cancelling etc was because things were starting to look obviously fishy, and even moreso when the other WW sale thread popped up.

As soon as bids started being retracted then reinserted I considered the whole thing null and void.

As for allegations about secret sales or WTF ever, it is known by all that I've never been anything but honest in any trading in UO.
good =) think we need to get rid of the drama bidder/griefers

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good =) think we need to get rid of the drama bidder/griefers
Or sell things at reasonable prices.

A dread mare or a blaze cu are the only things worth 150M.

Those are just cosmetic.

Your WWs are not going to do a spawn any faster than a well built pet that costs 5M.

When I see @Khaelor paying >150M. I will retract this.