• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prepare...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dark and evil wind is blowing into Catskills.

The twin Demons of Dusk have arrived with their minions.

An old, yet familiar and devastating disease of the past walks next to these agents of Evil incarnate. It will infect the entire shard with it's corruption and bring it to it's knees.

Surrender is not an option as it will not be accepted.

Mercy will not be offered.

One thing..and one thing only...is assured; Death

You can run.... but you will only die tired.

Prepare...

C

CatLord

RBG Report
Royal Investigator Gilbert

"Blood Lust

After Virtue Bane dismissed the hooded figure he turned his attention to the back of his chamber. "I have need of your services", he said to several human figures appearing into the light. "What are your needs?" the human said in a low voice. "Go forth into the lands and cause havoc. Disrupt RBG and kill all that get in your way, in my name, to where I shall grant you and your followers land, power and riches." In the torch light one can see the blood stains of battle on their armor and clothing, their eyes burning red, the symbol of the RBG glimmers then fades to dark. "We agree, Lord Virtue Bane", the human says smiling in an evil way. "If you fail me, I shall feast on your souls." The figures left the chamber from where they came.

G."

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nah, these are just the new self nominated pvp gods of UO. :lol:

The other night they were doing a whole lot of running and dieing until COM logged in and helped them lol.

Bring it I say!

That is all.

C

CatLord

*Early Morning*

Kall walked quietly to his Britain office.
On the top of his desk, a blackrock corroded chest drew his attention.
He opened it slowly and a green cloud of poisonous venom hit him squarely in the muzzle and whiskers... making his eyes burn and a growl of surprise escaped his throat... along with a prayer "Expor Flamus"... neutralizing the poison. Such weak poison was obviously a taunt.

Inside the black chest, there were sashes... Royal Britannian Guard sashes.

Kall counted 24 sashes and each one brought the scent of its owner. Asha Sukanara, Calisto DOM, DJ Greezy Weezil, Freya, Geronimo, Melody Trucido, Votchi, CraZy K, Jimmy Crack Corn, Gresham, Absque Odium... the list went on...

The meer could sense the Chaos falling over Catskills. Somehow the Royal Guard got corrupted. True Britains would kill True Britains... deception and Chaos. Were the ShadowLords really dead?

Closing his eyes, Kall projected his mind forward into the Future... he added the hundreds of reports sent by his Royal Investigators to his Sensing.

The Future was clear... Yew gate, Felucca would be the battlefield. The Champion spawn locations would soon be scouted... and innocents would be killed, non stop... those Rogue Royal Guards would soon move to one of the opposing factions... his instinct hinted they would follow the ShadowLords... and a Cold, Bloody, Treacherous Autumn would arrive to Felucca.

Opening his eyes, the meer smiled... this time things were different, this time he was not alone.

He sat quietly... and took a deep breath... humming an old tune...

"Time is by my side..."

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome to the new Catskills! I've done my best to shake up the shard's alliances and maybe this will provoke some epic battles and wars.

Slightly (OT)- a former friend, definitely listed on a list above, had previously been FRIENDED to a house that I own. Anyone I have ever FRIENDED to this house, called "The Resource House", was granted access because I wanted to help them.

This person, after having access to this house for several weeks and possibly months, decided over the weekend to steal every item possible from this house. 99% of these items were consumables and easily replaceable.

Terrible timing made this theft so much worse. I had temporarily placed my soulstones on an upper floor and did not secure the containers.
5 accounts (times) 12 years of training down the drain.

I was away this weekend, and having arrived home, I was welcomed to 50+ ICQ messages of the grim news.

Thankfully, a member of DUSK that didn't agree with stealing the soulstones returned them to me. I'm still trying to reverse thru my paper list of the S/Ss to see if they're all there, but regardless, I was returned 72.

I am thankful to this kind person's actions. And also glad that he disagrees with what he called his "idiotic moron" guildmates AKA the guy I tried to help by accessing him to my home.

Welcome to Catskills, new pvpers. The coming weeks and months will surely bring some epic PVP.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While your new masters of the DUSK of Catskills civilization can not and will not control all the actions of the minions under their boot, we also wish that your deaths provide us with the utmost vile satisfaction.

We do prefer that, as we crush your skulls under the boots of "Oppression before Freedom", you consider yourselves to be at the utmost of your power. That makes our victory much the sweeter, as in the moment of your death...you realize that your ill percieved strength was an illusion, brought upon you by the lies of your current corrupt overseers. Such is the fate of ALL who oppose the power of Shadows.

Thus..your stones containing your combined weaknesses were gladly returned to you. Mount your futile resistance for our amusement. We revel in your sorrow and despair.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Welcome to the new Catskills! I've done my best to shake up the shard's alliances and maybe this will provoke some epic battles and wars.

Slightly (OT)- a former friend, definitely listed on a list above, had previously been FRIENDED to a house that I own. Anyone I have ever FRIENDED to this house, called "The Resource House", was granted access because I wanted to help them.

This person, after having access to this house for several weeks and possibly months, decided over the weekend to steal every item possible from this house. 99% of these items were consumables and easily replaceable.

Terrible timing made this theft so much worse. I had temporarily placed my soulstones on an upper floor and did not secure the containers.
5 accounts (times) 12 years of training down the drain.

I was away this weekend, and having arrived home, I was welcomed to 50+ ICQ messages of the grim news.

Thankfully, a member of DUSK that didn't agree with stealing the soulstones returned them to me. I'm still trying to reverse thru my paper list of the S/Ss to see if they're all there, but regardless, I was returned 72.

I am thankful to this kind person's actions. And also glad that he disagrees with what he called his "idiotic moron" guildmates AKA the guy I tried to help by accessing him to my home.

Welcome to Catskills, new pvpers. The coming weeks and months will surely bring some epic PVP.
Let us know if NME can help replace any of the other stolen items.

C

CatLord

* Late Night *

The werewolf ran across the dungeon... his claws giving him traction and stability...

The hell hounds and imps cowered from him... an ignorant gargoyle and an headless harpy were unlucky enough to stand on his path...

Soon he arrived to his destination... a bloody pentagram in the core of the ancient dungeon...

All around, corpses of balrons pilled almost up to the ceiling... black blood everywhere... and some tracks... the werewolf stood over the footsteps and sniffed deeply... Gresham and Votchi... and a stranger... and someone in the shadows... his ears moved quickly trying to locate the intruder... the silent assassin made no sound as he was aiming but the smell of luminescent fungi betrayed his location... time for a quick decision...

Moments later, the werewolf was outside Hythloth... the moons shinning over the sea made the creature stop for an instant... the beauty of the moment made everything else vanish like myst... and he walked to the shore, slowly and peacefully...

There he stood until the morning...

C

CatLord

* Early Morning *

The meer warrior walked around in his office... trying to make sense of it all.

The First move, by the enemy, was to corrupt the Royal Guard.
For about one night, the Royal Guards ran in Yew Felucca, killing everyone.
Then they all vanished... leaving the Royal Guard silently empty.

After that, the knights and mages went to Hythloth... so they could twist the Ancient Ceremony. This could only be done by someone with Arcane knowledge... but the scent wasnt familiar. Previous contact with those that were able to change the Ceremony... made it clear that only the Order of the Black Hand had the knowledge to achieve such goal... but still the scent was not a familiar one.

The answer had to be in one of the Legacy Dungeons... the place where the corrupted ceremony took place...

Picking up his demon slayer, rbg standard issue, yumi... the meer left the office.

The Ancient Ceremony

The Demon Within
- Find an hollow prism,
- Visit any virtue shrine and pray for guidance while linking with the prism,
(consecrate weapon, dispel evil and holy light should be cast...)
- Find Hythloth,
- Plunge deep into level two... solve the teleport maze quest,
- Drop the hollow prism in the middle of the blood pentagram,
- Slay one of the many balrons and check if its essence filled the prism,
- Grab the prism and get out of there!
- Visit the Empath Abbey shrine and bond with the prism,
- Sacrifice your energy and absorb the energy of the prism thus emprisioning the balrogs essence while you live...

Now you know where that Voice that beckons you to the Darkside comes from... up to you to control it and keep it quiet... never forgetting it is always there... in a dark corner of your Soul... waiting to take over.

C

CatLord

* Early Morning, Britain RBG HQ, Castle Britannia *

The Britain Captain, a meer warrior and TormTar, wrote the final report while whistling a battle hymn...

" Dear friends,

We have lost many friends that got corrupted by the Order of the Black Hand and by something even darker.

I have found proof that the Ancient Ceremony was deliberately twisted, so the balrons would take control over our brothers and sisters Essence...

Hythloth was filled with slain arch demons... and the presence of the Crimson Alliance Warlord was almost hidden.

However, I was able to track them to the Chaos shrine, thanks to a rune left by one of our old partners near to the blood pentagram...

At the Chaos Shrine, I found 24 hollow prisms and several dead neophytes, necromancers of the Black Hand... if Elaint is correct, Dium Prostra was traded by Ort Corp Grav... imprisoning our friends. There was also tracks of heavy horses. Maybe faction warhorses, nightmares or dreadmares. So all clues suggest that the Black Hand was betrayed and slain... but no sign of the High Priest.

My next move was to search the Legacy Dungeons looking for clues... for the Ancient Ceremony to be complete the TormTars had to stay in prayer for a whole night... for it to be corrupted, something opposite had to be done... and hopefully, the true source of this new Evil could be exposed... all in all, I still had five lives to waste.

My investigation took me to Umbra where the Vampyr made their home... and you already got that secret report in first hand. They had little to nothing to do with the new DreadLords. Their focus is Minax and to corrupt the non-Feluccan Royal Guard and Town Militias. It is truly ironical that they feed on the fear hidden deep within the Trammies that is disguised as disgust and contempt. Captain Kalmar broke his vow, left the Royal Guard and joined the Vampyr Clan. Like always, the Vampyr seek to control the Sosarian society... so their bourgeois pleasures and way of "life" isn't questioned. Weak souls are always prone to fall into sweet words or to be bought... I am a Silver Talon, when Vampyr talk my ears are deaf, when Vampyr play with feelings, my heart is stone... when they offer power, I know the Price.

But we leave this to another day...

I found my goal inside the Fire Dungeon... I had a hint that the new Evil was related to destruction and tyranny... and like in the old tales, that always led to Fire.

I found what I was looking for... a blackrock Altar, with a strange female statue. Around it, the 24 Royal Guards, now dressed in shadow black robes, stood still. By each side of the altar, two figures chanted something similar to a devilish summoning that hurt my soul. They were dressed in obsidian battle armor and each move of their hands carried crimson eldrich fire... to fight them was to die. So... I attacked...

My stupid move didn't woke my brothers and sisters... in fact, they all joined in the battle. Sometimes courage is a wicked stepchild... so I ran the heck out of there and took a wrong turn... my move forced me deep into the dungeon... and Fate and Death were becoming one dangerously fast...

A plan formed in my head, that or pure panik... so I ran into the old demon room. I ran as fast as I could so I could have some moments to spare when I got there... I could see the room ahead thanks to my nightsight... so I ran and RAN...

The room was the home of two old demons, I surprised them by opening the door and quietly closing it behind me... I looked at the ancient evil ones and allowed my inner Honor to show. They watched me with interest but respected my presence and gave me some room... I quickly activated the pentagram opening a passage to a lower room under the first one... and I followed my best strategical option... I hid and silently prayed... and it worked, I am writing this report, right? I know, you will prolly tease me for the next weeks... but I still have my tail in one piece.

Back to the subject.

I went back to the blackrock Altar, the female statue was gone... dried blood on the floor at 24 different spots told the tale of a Blood Vow. They were now followers of this new Evil...
I also found traces of a fey. Its shimmering dust was near the ceiling, so they knew.

Later that night, Elaint identified the statue as an old Goddess of Chaos, War, Tyranny and Destruction, named WAKA.

War has arrived to Catskills... or maybe the Winds of Change.

Your old friend,
Britain Captain Kall"

((Special thanks to WAKA for returning DUSK, our RPing stone, and for the enjoyable Storyline))

http://www.uoforums.com/attachments/rbg-ic-public/10174d1277948556-rbgs-first-formal-review-new-commander-olivia-kanlocke-6-29-10-1stcommandermeeting2010.jpg

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corrections...

1) Capt. Kalmar Erikkson retired from the RBG, with the EM's acceptance, ie. Commander Kanlocke (EM Kasaven was sent an email about this and CoD holds protectorant status of Umbra). He never "left" nor has broken any vow or done any crimes. The character is still part of RBGU (just checked cuz I had not logged into him in forever) and after his war wounds from the Gala, he's happily reunited with his love Kayla in Minoc and enjoys his retirement by visiting taverns and woodworking.

2) What vampires do you speak of? There are no vampires in Umbra... not now anyways. CoD is helping to clean up the place after known vampires had trashed it and enslaved its people. Only other vampires can identify vampires... or if the storyline is approved by the guild in question.

Please, do not write "in character" of my characters without my permission. I did that and learned the hard way, passing the lesson on.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Corrections...

1) Capt. Kalmar Erikkson retired from the RBG, with the EM's acceptance, ie. Commander Kanlocke (EM Kasaven was sent an email about this and CoD holds protectorant status of Umbra). He never "left" nor has broken any vow or done any crimes. The character is still part of RBGU (just checked cuz I had not logged into him in forever) and after his war wounds from the Gala, he's happily reunited with his love Kayla in Minoc and enjoys his retirement by visiting taverns and woodworking.

2) What vampires do you speak of? There are no vampires in Umbra... not now anyways. CoD is helping to clean up the place after known vampires had trashed it and enslaved its people. Only other vampires can identify vampires... or if the storyline is approved by the guild in question.

Please, do not write "in character" of my characters without my permission. I did that and learned the hard way, passing the lesson on.
:cheerleader:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Miss Flutter... can I put in an order for my daily spanking? Kkthx!

*watches thread*
:popcorn:

C

CatLord

"Scent of Taint (••)

The smell of supernatural influence emanates from beings that are beyond human and mundane. A werewolf who knows this Gift can detect the presence of supernatural beings. Specifically, the user can detect powers in his vicinity that defy the natural order of the physical and spirit worlds, so that vampires, ghouls, mages, acolytes and beings bestowed or imbued with unnatural capabilities are evident. Scent of Taint does not indicate or set apart — and cannot be used to recognize — any of the Uratha or the wolf-blooded. Nor can it be used to detect supernatural objects or places."

*waves to his NME ally*

C

CatLord

"Scent of Taint (••)

The smell of supernatural influence emanates from beings that are beyond human and mundane. A werewolf who knows this Gift can detect the presence of supernatural beings. Specifically, the user can detect powers in his vicinity that defy the natural order of the physical and spirit worlds, so that vampires, ghouls, mages, acolytes and beings bestowed or imbued with unnatural capabilities are evident. Scent of Taint does not indicate or set apart — and cannot be used to recognize — any of the Uratha or the wolf-blooded. Nor can it be used to detect supernatural objects or places."

*waves to his NME ally*

C

CatLord

Last I heard you chose not to be part of the alliance.
I guess you only hear what I want you to hear... and read what is avaliable to read.

Originally Posted by Pandora_CoD:
"...or if the storyline is approved by the guild in question."

Correct, I only spoke about RBG, my guild... and your time in it.
No need for approval when I am the GM.

It is fun to have open RP... instead of following a script and controlling everyone else... I wonder what will be WAKA next move?

Anyhow, back to playing and enjoying the storyline.

Cya in game.

C

CatLord

Nah, this is not the Catskills general chat...

There are Rules here...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, I only spoke about RBG, my guild... and your time in it. No need for approval when I am the GM.

Correction again. I am GM of RBGU on Kalmar Erikkson... thank you. And you spoke of leaving the Queen's RBG not "your" guild. Therefore, wrong again.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I heard you chose not to be part of the alliance.
I guess you only hear what I want you to hear... and read what is avaliable to read.

Originally Posted by Pandora_CoD:
"...or if the storyline is approved by the guild in question."

Correct, I only spoke about RBG, my guild... and your time in it.
No need for approval when I am the GM.

It is fun to have open RP... instead of following a script and controlling everyone else... I wonder what will be WAKA next move?

Anyhow, back to playing and enjoying the storyline.

Cya in game.
I do enjoy that you've finally decided to acknowledge RBG as your guild as opposed to your previous position of "I'm not the leader I just hold the stone and let them make decisions"

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We discovered we don't play well together and so since some time ago we are not playing the same game.
Your game consists of disrespecting other people's lores and histories and devaluing other folks' work. No one wants to play that game, go play alone. And since we do not "play the same game", keep my characters and my guild out of your game.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandora says, "Do not talk about someone else's guilds or characters "in character" without their permission."

That's one of the artificial "rules" of her group. We discovered we don't play well together and so since some time ago we are not playing the same game.

If you are stating that you are not playing the same game then HER chars in HER game should be left out of YOUR game.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We discovered we don't play well together and so since some time ago we are not playing the same game.
Your game consists of disrespecting other people's lores and histories and devaluing other folks' work. No one wants to play that game, go play alone. And since we do not "play the same game", keep my characters and my guild out of your game.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My god Catskills no other shard like Am I Right? If I were a Mod I'd lock so many more threads. This shard has more drama on it than any other I've seen it's crazy I love Catskills but sometimes I want to stab it with a Knife, let it bleed out then burn the corpse.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My god Catskills no other shard like Am I Right? If I were a Mod I'd lock so many more threads. This shard has more drama on it than any other I've seen it's crazy I love Catskills but sometimes I want to stab it with a Knife, let it bleed out then burn the corpse.
I r scared irl

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess you only hear what I want you to hear... and read what is available

Pitr, you told me, in my vent that you would be apart of our alliance. I told you that you wouldn't have any leadership role and you replied that you "preferred it that way" .....like it was your idea or something... LMAO.

Then, within 2 days, I was told by someone in guild that you had decided to leave the alliance and Zuckuss confirmed that your characters were no longer in DRI. If this is not the case, and it is found that you have a hidden character in DRI, I'd imagine you are pushing a friendship that has lasted a very long time to the brink.

Why anyone would do such a thing is beyond me, but then again, I've very rarely understood or agreed with the way you handle yourself or your business in this game.

I did my absolute best to get all parties to "forgive and forget" past sins. I am amazed that one of the most vocal people on this shard about "peace, free spawning" etc. etc. was the ONLY one not able to move past all the BS and be apart of something monumental between guilds that call Catskills home.

Maybe this is another one of those things that you'll use that "I was only RPing a bad guy" bandages on down the road.....

I call it hypocrisy personally.

Sure glad you're getting some enjoyment posting your RP manifestos though.....

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont have any intention of explaining myself on this forum.

True colors of people have really been shown lately and I don't feel like being baited into a debate.

People have made their decisions on where their loyalties lie, and as I've often said, I pay my monthly fee just like everyone else......so, to each his own.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've had you in my vent and been in Zuckuss' vent with you.

I've never known you to be petty.

And I'm not in a debate. I'm simply telling Pitr if he is found to have a member in my alliance, that he will be kicked.

That is all. And it's not debatable.

So you two don't like for our alliance, I frankly could care less.

Have a great day! :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Pokes head in*

All of you... And I mean ALL OF YOU are acting like little schoolchildren who are all bored and are LOOKING for something to cry about.

Now that each person hs found his/her version of petty nonsense to complain over, we begin to see the reading material grow.

Then everyone read read reads...chimes in with some sort of piece of info without really any reason... just for the attention I guess.

There is alot of petty stuff that gets brought up here day after day. 98% of this thread and others is jumping to a conclusion based on a few facts. (Even in this post, there is a 98% chance that I am rushing to a conclusion).

And like the 98% of the time, you all are wrong and sound like little nerd crybabies which adds up to much little more than a child whining to get his/her way. I suppose since there is nothing IMPORTANT to talk about, we can instead find something to complain about.

Everyone who has participated in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. (Myself included).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zuckuss, thank you for your post and I agree.

I do not feel a need to say anything other than:

Please do not use our characters and our guild in "IC" storylines without contacting us to see if it fits into our lore and the way we've structured our characters and guild. That's all I think Pand was originally saying with corrections to the use of her characters and our guild.

If folks want to include us in storylines, we have no problem with this but all we ask is that our lore is respected. We've worked very hard for many years together to develop it. I do not think that is too much to ask.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then Al tries to act witty.... but fails. :(

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, all of this is because people push buttons, everyone blows up over it, then the button pushers act victimized and point fingers saying "OMG LOOK AT THEM BLOW UP OVER NOTHING!

Come on people, we are all adults with kids and jobs and family's. Ignore the button pushers, focus on having fun, and let the children be children. None of this will matter 10 years from now.

That is all.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever get that déjà vu feeling?
Yeah, I have that big time right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.