• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Practicing Olefactory Piscine Processing! Another Public Charybdis: Thursday 23rd August 8pm UK Time

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the search for the Sultan requiring us to Find That Fish, I thought it would be a good idea to remember that worse things can be found at sea than terrible jokes along the usual lines as poor EM Aldris had to suffer when he declared our target smelled of fish...

Thus, with the remaining bait donated, I'll be hosting another attempt at a public summoning of Charybdis on Thursday. Our last attempt showed that it's possible for melee characters to take part, but they will be focused on fighting the tentacles. Loot is largely irrelevant, so come for the fun only. And if you have white nets, feel free to bring them too, as our calamari chum isn't guaranteed!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bump* This will be in 3 hours, if anyone is interested!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thanks to all of those who came today; I thought it was going to be a complete wash at first! But many of you changed the Guild event at very short notice, and it's appreciated. However once more, I have to apologise for the lack of Charybdis, but I can conclusively prove that IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I submitted a bug request to check it was working as intended;

Mobiles - Potential Bug: Charybdis Can't Be Summoned? | Stratics Forums

"So the answer to your original questions, yes he is spawning and yes it is possible to fail to fish him up.

I did note that the bait bonus from the Fisherman’s set was not being applied to the attempts to fish up Charybdis and have submitted a problem report on this issue."
So let's have no more laughing at the potency of my rod... of fishing shall we?!

So the answer to your original questions, yes he is spawning and yes it is possible to fail to fish him up.

I've ran out of donated bait now, but if anyone has any and wants me to pop my Oracle to locate him for you, please let me know.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for organising it :)

Shame Charybdis didn't show, but we all know how buggy the game can be. It was fun killing Scalis though :gun: