• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Potions

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I've finally built a stock of potions up and would like to start selling them.

Sadly, I've no idea how much they go for.

So if some one would be so kind as to help me out and tell me the price per, then I can go from there!

Greater Heal
Greater Cure
Greater Agility
Greater Strength
Total Refresh

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I've finally built a stock of potions up and would like to start selling them.

Sadly, I've no idea how much they go for.

So if some one would be so kind as to help me out and tell me the price per, then I can go from there!

Greater Heal
Greater Cure
Greater Agility
Greater Strength
Total Refresh

As a general rule, I work out potion prices thus

The cost of the regs
The cost of the bottles/keg
The cost of tools
The cost of my time (not just to make them, but to gather what's required to make them)

Don't sell yourself short on that last one, btw. Potion making has gotten to be more fiddly (for me, at least) since they changed the weights. I can't just load up, hit make max and keep doing it till I've got 250/300 bottles made and then start over. I can make fewer in one run than I could.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking at atleast:

5k+ heal and cure and refresh (each)

2k+ dex and str
Yeah, that sounds fine. I've still no idea how much to charge though :\ Let me do some research.

Seen them on vendors for 100per, is that a fair price? I don't want to rip anyone off but don't want my efforts to go to waste either because they take ages! Help Cailleach!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that sounds fine. I've still no idea how much to charge though :\ Let me do some research.

Seen them on vendors for 100per, is that a fair price? I don't want to rip anyone off but don't want my efforts to go to waste either because they take ages! Help Cailleach!
I haven't sold kegs for a couple of years; far too much hassle. I just sell in bottles. In fact, it's been a while since I sold any pots at all. Last bulk order I did was the Potion Tsunami; 230k of mixed pots and I got over 40mil for that!

I used to do refresh at something like 6k per keg, most of the others at 7 - 7.5k, except for deadly poison, which was 8.5k because of the fail rate in making it. This was before the potion weight changes.

All I can really do is point you at my formula above and emphasise that your time is valuable.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt buy kegs tho, Id only buy potion stacks or in a deed (can they be deeded btw)

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, mine are all in pots.

So it seems for large amounts, 200per pot is an average rate. I saw them for 100 per pot at Minoc Fel gate, but they only had them in packs of 20. I'm guessing with pots, unlike most things, the more you need the higher the price goes up per due to the time it takes!

I'm new to the pots game so require business. How does 150 per pot sound?

19000 x 150 = 2850000?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt buy kegs tho, Id only buy potion stacks or in a deed (can they be deeded btw)
Yes, potions in bottles can be deeded.

I know there are folks out there who still use kegs, but, I have to confess that I REALLY don't understand why. They take up space, they're a pain in the butt to make, and they can't be deeded.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember what I said about reserving the right to scream and run in the general direction of away? It still applies! I am SO not ready for part two :lick:
I could probably help if needed, split the job in two! Might not make you go as crazy, just partially.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could probably help if needed, split the job in two! Might not make you go as crazy, just partially.

If you want that job, feel free to offer for it. Real life, at present, isn't being terribly accomodating as far as my game time goes!

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So 7600000?

It will take me a little while longer, do you want half as soon as I've done them?

Nearly have that amount.

P

Poison Ivy EU

Just because you mentioned my 'lil shop at Minoc gate :) a few things you might consider:

Regardless what others here saying, making potions in kegs is _much_ faster then making potions in bottles. Mainly because the 2s bottles. I do a lot of gardening, and my potions for personal use go always in kegs. Kegs are usually free or really cheap to buy nowadays. Rule of thumb: Gardeners like kegs, all other bottles.

I can't stress enough what Caill said about the time invested. Do not underestimate your work! Raw material for a GC: 7 ginseng=14gp, 1 bottle=10gp, sum 24 gp. Yeah, I sell for 100 per, thats a 300% markup. And I do not feel ashamed:

You have to get the regs, I use only faction vendors. Once in month or so I'll invest a day and work them up to 999 and buy around 600k each mage reg. (If you do that, pls announce in general chat after you done with shopping. Others may be glad to takeover...) You have to get the bottles, well thats easy. You have to get the tools. I'm GM tinker too, make them on the fly, but if you have to buy the npc crap with only a few uses... not funny. And finally the making itself, you can do that more or less afk, still it is time consuming. For really big orders 150 per would be my lower limit. 200 sounds more fair. But thats up to you, ofc.

You should eventually consider cooking as a secondary skill. Enchanted Apples sell always good and an egg bomb is the same as a smokebomb, but cheaper in materials. Ohh, and you'll never run out of cooked fishsteaks after you done with training :D

One last thing: If you want to make money fast, alchemy is the wrong skill. But I hope thats not your point. Always have fun, remember it's a game, not work. ;-)

Best wishes, Ivy
*** Making Potions and Poisoning Food since 1999 ***