• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potentially returning player..

S

Steamboat

Been away for a long time 5-6 years only occaionally logging on to check accounts (could never bring myself to delete or close them) and im now looking to come back full time, however....

The one big issue I have that is immediately putting me off is the resolution, when I last played full time i had an 800x600 monitor which was fine. Now i have a 1680x1050 monitor which leaves UO as nothing but a postage stamp in the top corner of my screen and interacting with it is hellish.

Is there anyway to adjust the resolution to something that is a bit more 'playable' without going full screen or installing some naff 3d client?

If there isnt, i guess i wont be returning...

If there is... thanks in advance! =D

K

Kith Kanan

Do try the KR client you might like it , and it gets upgraded again when we get SA , sadly it does not look like we will be getting a higher resolution support for the 2d client in a near future :(

I use KR and like it except for a few quirks

S

Steamboat

I guess I may have to bite the bullet and give the 3d thing a whirl although I am a great lover of the 2d client, never was into flashy graphics etc.

Cheers..

K

Krystyna

I'm just back after a similar gap to you and have been using the KR client and it's fine. There are a lot of people who are anti-KR but I'm not sure why, it has a few problems but overall it's ok. If you use it I'd recommend getting one of the mods for the UI though, you'll find links in the KR forum.

You'll need the 2d client for some things though. I always stock my vendors in 2d as if I do it in KR it will look a mess to anyone using the 2d client. Other small things I need to swap clients for too but nothing major (that I've found yet anyway).