• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Posting Off Topic on Spiels n' Rants

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The following are general guidelines for posting off topic (OT) material on the SnR board.

1. Try to use common sense when posting OT. Restrict your postings to topics that can promote a discussion or that are funny or entertaining. Self-indulgent posts such as "what I ate for breakfast this morning," "Man am I drunk," or "I found a pubic hair on my keyboard" will be locked or deleted immediately. Continued postings of this sort will result in a warning or a ban.
  2. People should restrict the number of OT posts they make. This is called self-discipline and isn't that difficult. We are not listing a specific number of OT posts that you can originate, as that could just encourage people to strive for that number. Again, use common sense.
  3. No spam. Spam threads deleted. Period. Spam is defined as posting just to hear the sound of your own voice. It includes repeatedly posting one-line answers to a large number of posts (like posting "lol" or "I agree" without anything else. Once in a while this is fine. Done 20 or 30 times or more in one day is not a good idea.)
  4. Trolls are posts that are very obviously intended just to rile people up. If a post doesn't encourage some sort of follow-on discussion it will be locked or deleted. If you see a "Do Not Feed the Troll" sign please observe it and don't post. It is much better that these threads die from lack of response than if the moderators lock them.[BR]
  5. Personal attacks are not allowed. No exceptions. If you think someone has posted something that is incredibly stupid or just plain wrong, attack the idea, not the person posting it.
  6. OT material in an otherwise on-topic thread will be deleted. In most cases the poster of such an OT sub-thread will be PMd and told we suggest that the post be moved to a separate thread.

These are intended as guidelines; they are not the word of God written in a finger of flame on a stone tablet. We reserve the right to use our judgement on what does or does not constitute any of the above. Posters need to understand that unlike posters, the moderating staff is not perfect. We can and will make decisions with which you don't agree. That is not evidence of personal bias for or against the poster, but of a difference of opinion.

<font color=blue>Leandra</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Gravity. It's not only a good idea. It's the law<font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.