• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your speedtest!

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maaaaaaaaaaaaybe hahah ;) fine fine i'll post my home one when i get there

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I has a mediocre ISP & limited bandwidth options...and sadly it is a major improvement over what it was 3 years ago. *cries*

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I had terrible results with the posted link.

I found another test and got these results...

Your Results:
Download Speed: 8174 kbps (1021.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 500 kbps (62.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency/Ping: 89 ms
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:56:49 AM

Wow. Looks like you have already been blazing your way across the internet but could you be faster still and do you have the best deal.

http://www.digitallanding.com/high-speed-internet/article_display.cfm/article_id/4458

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had terrible results with the posted link.

I found another test and got these results...

Your Results:
Download Speed: 8174 kbps (1021.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 500 kbps (62.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency/Ping: 89 ms
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:56:49 AM

Wow. Looks like you have already been blazing your way across the internet but could you be faster still and do you have the best deal.

http://www.digitallanding.com/high-speed-internet/article_display.cfm/article_id/4458
Kelmo...look at the distance to the server that was chosen for your speedtest.net test. Guessing that may be the reason for the higher latency displayed in the test. I'd blame New Mexico! :D

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah... I noticed. I can not seem to find one closer... I don't seem to have any problems that I can perceive.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Maybe a nice tools sticky is in order? Tests and pings and a widget or two? Just thinking out loud...

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did it just for fun, not the most impressive speed in the world...

Elf.

O

Old Man of UO

*sighs*

Kiss my bytes! About the worst one I've seen. And the actual distance is over 200 miles line-of-sight, over 250 miles by phone lines for DSL.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

will have to test again when my son is playing games should be 20 download rggg

M

mutau

i don't think anyone can top my distance.

and that's my best connection.

Wow Teeshy! i'm speechless....... wow!

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't think anyone can top my distance.

and that's my best connection.

Wow Teeshy! i'm speechless....... wow!
Lol here you go for distance:

Thanks for this thread lol i have nothing to do until someone hopefully knows why uo wont work for me so testing different locations is quite entertaining at the moment.

T

Teeshy

We have a winnah!
*bows*

Can I have a crown? We're actually *hopefully* getting wireless broadband next week, so hopefully it's a temporary crown ;)

I'd really love to know though, why it is I can upload so much faster then download (according to that test) cos if we could download that fast too, I'd be really happy!

Incidentally, I like to pretend that you all are faking your speeds, and that internet that fast isnt really possible ;) (find out next week! I HOPE!)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I've had it go up as high as 13.x, too.

Of course, if I test through St. Louis or Chicago, it doesn't go above 4, and of course, those are the routes my ISP routes me through to EA's west coast servers.

Part of the problem is that I'm literally a few thousand feet from the furthest distance my cable co. will offer internet out to (probably a good 15 miles from the hub of the local branch of the system), and that they inherited really crappy infrastruction from Charter when they bought Charter's KY operations. Even the installers were getting half the signal strength here that they were supposed to be getting, when they were doing the install. But, it was better than what the phone system had to offer (the phones weren't reliable enough for conversations, let alone dial-up - Alltel was letting the phone infrastructure slip faster than Charter was the cable - and NewWave's done more meaningful infrastructure modernization than Windstream did, to the point I finally went to VOIP in disgust).

T

Teeshy

*grins really huge*

Guess who got their wireless broadband modem in the mail today?

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow... im tapped into someones wireless and i have a better con then i did on dsl LOL...

10 up ......2.3down