• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post-Mastery Skill Gain

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been working up my Bard/Mages Provo lately, and she's currently at 80+, and i've noticed that the animals she's been provoking have gotten too easy way too early. Been provoking Giant Beetles, and barely getting any gains off them anymore, my Crystal Ball says they're "Easy" as well. Gamans got too easy way to early as well. I'm using a normal, vendor bought instrument. UOGuide says to use Giant Beetles until about 90.0, but i can already tell that's just not going to work. Could it be because i have Disco Mastery, which also boosts the success chance of other barding skills by 5%?
If so, what should i use for skillgains? UOGuide says the next step after Giant Beetles is Hiryus.

Yep, just tested it. I have to start provoking creatures "at the next level" because my Disco Mastery increases my success chance on other bard skills as well. Hiryu's are "Optimal".

U

ultima77

I've been working up my Bard/Mages Provo lately, and she's currently at 80+, and i've noticed that the animals she's been provoking have gotten too easy way too early. Been provoking Giant Beetles, and barely getting any gains off them anymore, my Crystal Ball says they're "Easy" as well. Gamans got too easy way to early as well. I'm using a normal, vendor bought instrument. UOGuide says to use Giant Beetles until about 90.0, but i can already tell that's just not going to work. Could it be because i have Disco Mastery, which also boosts the success chance of other barding skills by 5%?
If so, what should i use for skillgains? UOGuide says the next step after Giant Beetles is Hiryus.

Yep, just tested it. I have to start provoking creatures "at the next level" because my Disco Mastery increases my success chance on other bard skills as well. Hiryu's are "Optimal".
Is your Music locked at 100? That makes a huge difference as well.

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training discord I was having the same problems this weekend. the creatures suggested were too easy according to crystal ball. I dont have any other bard skills and ony gm music so I dont know if your mastery in discord was the issue.