• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post for tailors.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am posting for T.K. . He has a 13th year Ride-able Boura and a 15th year Ancient Hell Hound. He wouldn't mind trading them for "mage suits". He requests med-able /mage armor, LRC 100, LMC 40, MR, mana increase, 60s on resist,Intel, 2/6 casting and DCI.

He does not care whether all pieces are crafted or loot.

In the end he has is those two ethies to trade or sale (use gold) for mage suits for VvV. He knows there is alot that goes into these. He just wants to know if there is anyone wants to deal? If interested how many suits and how close can you get to the above mage suit.?

UPDATE: I am holding the ethies and will do transfer if an agreement can be reached.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Morgan makes some fine suits. Perhaps some few others will sell high dollar suits. I personally like to pick a suit to for particular activities/risks.

Good luck! I wish we had more high end tailors... I do understand that the vendor fees can be prohibitive. Asking here might be best.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He does not care what each piece is. So if you have monster loot piece say a tunic.that has 25 lrc , he doesn't care how you get the other 75 lrc so if your a tailor, make it work. So think of everything a decent mage suits should have. It has to be medible so either craft in medlble fabric or use studdied mage armor either from using a kit, or a piece of monster loot that says mage armor.

He doesn't know what goes into it. He wants to start VvVing on Siege. But unless he can get some decent mage suits set up. It isn't worth coming here to pvp and die once and not have back up suits. That's why he is leaving the decision making and cost up to whoever makes the suits. If it sounds good to him he is all about the gear. No shield or mage wep. Also if say your down on fc he can go to a town.

He is elf!

Last edited:

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much DCI does he want? I doubt he wants to spend to much on a suit seeing as we tend to misplace suits to ganks sometimes. Ill assume he wants a few higher end suits but nothing thats going to break the bank.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing 45 dci. But would he take 40+. His payment in those 2 ethies in ot. 1 > 13 year and 1> 15th year, he is thinking each is worth 10m - 15 mil each. So it depends what you think those ethies are worth. Then as many suits as he can get as good as you make them.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt he would go below 45 dci to be honest. Showing up for PvP with less than that as a caster type would be nuts given the huge ammount of dexxers on Siege.
And that's exactly the part that will make these suits so pricey. Without using a mageweapon means he will have to use 15 dci on ring and bracelet and the remaining 15 dci has to be covered by the rest of the suit. usually this means quiver of infinity (5 dci), a mana phasing orb (5 dci) and some other item with 5 dci or using reforged or looted armor with dci on it to reach the 45 dci cap...

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Id tell him it aint worth it. Very rarely will you see any one doing vvv, and if you do see someone in the town its usually a stealther stealing sigs. If he is looking for PvP then he will be disapointed. There is no point to do it. If you dont want the deco then its a huge waste of time, but first thing the crafter should know if he uses a mage weapon, and what the penalty on the magery is, and how much DCI is on the weapon, also is he using the FC town buff and go from there.

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He carries a blessed spell book in his hand. Spell book has MR3, SDI 27, and LRC 10. He wants to buy talismans "mana phasing orb" . So there is 5 dci and lmc 6 for basic a basic talisman. Then on his back the "quiver of infinity" for 5 dci. or he might use those sashes with 5 dci , so he would personal bless on one of those pieces. He can pick a constant town buff.

Yes he knows Siege gets low on population. So if and when there is some Sunday VvV on Siege he would be ready to go and with more then one suit. However he is thinking about transferring his prodo toon to Atl. which would be his primary shard.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he can have a very effective suit relatively cheap. Esp if you are using a shield and spellbook you mentioned.

Assuming you are focus caster mage, your sdi is already covered. Shield with SC & DCI, Ring 0/3 DCI, and bracelet 1/3 DCI. FC! trade deal. DCI mana phase orb..

Gives you everything a mage needs max dci without having to max out mods on ring/bracelet/shield, room on ring/bracelet for mods with lrc, on armor with your mage mods.

I can get him a prototype suit and see how he likes it. (icq: 96629882) and if interested give a VvV siege tour

Id tell him it aint worth it. Very rarely will you see any one doing vvv, and if you do see someone in the town its usually a stealther stealing sigs. If he is looking for PvP then he will be disapointed. There is no point to do it. If you dont want the deco then its a huge waste of time, but first thing the crafter should know if he uses a mage weapon, and what the penalty on the magery is, and how much DCI is on the weapon, also is he using the FC town buff and go from there.
If you plan to loot and talk trash all day, and run with a gank squad - it can be relatively hard to find people to fight.

If you are interested in patrolling the towns, fight with/against Vice/Virtue groups fights and are a decent person, battles can be found easily. Most people you find will not loot and if a looting type guild shows, people will break off the attack and work together against the common enemy.

Sprago of IPKU and I had many battles, even though we both represented Virtue, we'd have a battle to determine which of our guilds would represent the town. So even being on the "same side" doesn't mean you can't have some friendly battle.

If you do plan to battle and loot enemies - that is a fine and valid playstyle BUT it does come with consequences... you'll get a reputation for being a "bad" enemy. People who are traditionally enemies (like Lore and TDO) will work against you if you show up in town. Items, armor, equipment will be harder to buy, and most people will simply leave towns and avoid fighting you.

The game has changed, you can't just pick up a light archer suit when you die and are looted. Its an item based game where items are to difficult to obtain to sustain dry looting BUT (and this is what most do not understand) having the option makes for a better game...

People are not macroing afk, the rich and the poor are on more equal footing because you CAN lose that legendary suit, you are more reliant on real skill then items, etc.

And so on ATL you might be used to fighting in a totally maxed out suit in any mod you could want with no risk of losing anything, here you may have to pick and choose your strengths and weaknesses and even incorporate skills like med/focus which are not needed on prodo with the items available and insurance.

For me it makes pvp much more interesting and enjoyable

-Lore

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he's fine with 40 DCI (has an orb and quiver) I can make the suit on the cheap for free he just need to pay for the materials. i don't mind spending my time helping out a new to siege player.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think he can have a very effective suit relatively cheap. Esp if you are using a shield and spellbook you mentioned.
I don't think he plans on using a shield, only a spell book. Using a shield would mean not being able to use potions without disarming first which is not a good idea.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK T.K and I spoke about this topic. We are placing a value of 10 mil per ethy. So 20 million total for 10 suits.

He will be using:

Blessed event spell book has MR 3, SDI 27, and LRC 10.

He will be using quiver of infinity DCI 5

Mana Phasing Orb will be personal blessed. It has MR 1, DCI 5, LMC 6, and LRC 10

He can use town buff for FC1

So using those items he wants med-able 10 suits with:

2/6 casting
25 intel
40 lmc
100 lrc
2 mr on each piece
65+ on each resist
As much mana increase as possible
If any room left HPR

In return for those 10 suits he will give the 13th and 15th year ethies.

I don't believe I missed anything. So how fair is this and how do-able?

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tbh, it would be easier if he sold the ethys for gold first. Then he could just offer 2 Mil per suit.
That way more than one crafter/gatherer could get involved. As it is now it´s a pretty overwhelming order to fill.

Does he have replacements for the Quiver or does the crafter need to supply 9 more?
Does he still need the 45 DCI? If so, not many crafters would have 10 Corgul sashes.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He would just buy the quivers off from Origin Store. So suits would only need 35 DCI. If he can get 10 higher end suits, his next step was to get some lower end suits for PvM. Then he could start picking up loot pieces. He just does not want to restart up Siege with out his own gear and enough of it. So he decided to throw this offer out and see what happens.

I agree with you Tjalle about selling ethies first and break down the work. Thank you for the suggestion.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also Astynax was interested in his luna house...maybe he will offer some nice stuff/gold for it if T.K. wants to sell...

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
opps I should of scrolled down the main forum before I posted this, I see hes selling the ethys for gold now.

I agree he should sell the ethys and buy this stuff for gold like Tjalle said it would be easier for a few people to make these suits. and he could also just buy pieces piecemeal. Looking at that it would take me to long to craft 10 of those and he could probaly just shop around for the jewlery I'm sure someone has some pieces that are 1/3 0/3 with intelligence and DCI on it.

I sold all my essence supplies last time I left uo so I'm not sure how much "essence of diligence" or " "essence of singularity" is floating around. and for MR2 on each piece will need seeds of renewal, are those hard to come by?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What are the seeds selling for now? They are not hard to get.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the seeds selling for now? They are not hard to get.
Last I sold a few years back went for 10,000 gold each, hasn't been any demand for them I've heard of since.

They do take a lot of time to get. 18 days of plant growing with 3-5% chance of a seed being a Seed of Renewal. I'd want the 10,000 gold each to part with them. Regrowing my stock of them will take months or more.

One of our hardcore growers with dozens of raised garden beds might have them by the hundreds and sell cheap.