• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible Returning Player Questions

T

tvhatic

Hey guys,

Been almost 3 years and have gotten bored w/ the other games around and thinking of going back to UO.

Few PVP questions though –

1. Are there people that still play this game? I recognize names on this fourm still, but are there still fights to be found or only at prime time?

2. Are speed hacks still rampant in pvp?

3. I quit around the time when bush mage tamers were at their peak. I know gimp templates always exists, but hows the balance now. Still no skill insta kill templates?

4. Noticing people are actually doing factions. I know Phrost tried to get this up back in the day but it failed quickly, did EA change factions so it is actually worth doing now?

5. And the ultimate question, Is UO worth coming back to? Has the game gotten better in the past few years (last expansion)?

Thanks for the help.

Tvhatic

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Are there people that still play this game? I recognize names on this fourm still, but are there still fights to be found or only at prime time? -- There are some fights out of prime time.

2. Are speed hacks still rampant in pvp? -- yes

3. I quit around the time when bush mage tamers were at their peak. I know gimp templates always exists, but hows the balance now. Still no skill insta kill templates? -- Still insta kill templates.

4. Noticing people are actually doing factions. I know Phrost tried to get this up back in the day but it failed quickly, did EA change factions so it is actually worth doing now? -- Yes, there are faction artifacts that kick ass.

5. And the ultimate question, Is UO worth coming back to? Has the game gotten better in the past few years (last expansion)? -- I think SA is the best expansion since T2A

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Are there people that still play this game? I recognize names on this fourm still, but are there still fights to be found or only at prime time? -- There are some fights out of prime time.

3. I quit around the time when bush mage tamers were at their peak. I know gimp templates always exists, but hows the balance now. Still no skill insta kill templates? -- Still insta kill templates.

4. Noticing people are actually doing factions. I know Phrost tried to get this up back in the day but it failed quickly, did EA change factions so it is actually worth doing now? -- Yes, there are faction artifacts that kick ass.

5. And the ultimate question, Is UO worth coming back to? Has the game gotten better in the past few years (last expansion)? -- I think SA is the best expansion since T2A
These are the most accurate answers you will get. Thank you drive thru.

N

NewYork

well said pinkie

example of insta kill temp pls? bokuto hyru/dog dexers im assuming.

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well said pinkie

example of insta kill temp pls? bokuto hyru/dog dexers im assuming.
best temp ive seen since deathstrike,dp,dexxer,is the swords,bush,taming,dog. or go with the archer dog since they have balance bows,these temps destroy an live very well.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
best temp ive seen since deathstrike,dp,dexxer,is the swords,bush,taming,dog. or go with the archer dog since they have balance bows,these temps destroy an live very well.
I wouldn't say Death Strikers are insta-killers but they do alot of damage and fast..

Only insta-kill temps are the bokuto/hiryu/cu's.

T

tvhatic

Alright, thanks for the info. Wife and I are gonna give the game a shot again.

On a possitive note, at least those buk tamers dont have deathstrike and nerve strike breaks on dmg now. I remb the nerve strike, dismount hyru dismount, deathstrike crap all to well.

S

SUPRsalad

oh yeah, man. I remember that. I remember taking a year-long hiatus for that reason exactly..

Its better now..