• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Population Dying?

• Thread starter lancelot99
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
L

lancelot99

I know people have been saying this for years and i've always dismissed it, but last few weeks seems there are fewer and fewer people around (EM Events/Auction) making me worry about logging on to find an arcane circle group or anyone to hunt with (hate hunting alone)..

Peoples thoughts on this?

Sept

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually ATL is livelier than it has in a long time. Weather this is due more people are moving from other shards, people returning post summer or because of the small amount of publicity that has gone out regarding the anniversary, I do not know. We also appear to be guilding more new players than we have in a long time.

So those are my thoughts, no decline on ATL.

L

lancelot99

Maybe just Europa then... or maybe the weather here

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Academic year has just started so people are probably busy with that - its my excuse anyway:)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This evening, based on general chat, Europa's reasonably busy, but most seem to be working on the Halloween stuff. Certainly, like most shards' it's not what it used to be, but far from 'dead'.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as an indicator...when u start seeing quite a few keep spots in felluca and odd ones in trammel..unpaced for weeks it kinda gives the game away...alas we are no were near dead...the dead shards have castle spots free!!! so plenty of time yet.........

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also Mists Of Pandaria just went live for World Of Warcraft, which will be luring people away...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And Guild Wars 2 :)
yes guild wars 2.....deffo a problem...because...ITS FREE TO PLAY FOREVER!!!...just £35 for the box and code and your set for 2-3 years play......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i've played a bit of Guild Wars 2 and a few of my friends got to the highest level and said there was not really any end game and they stopped playing. So that might wear off quickly.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to determine the exact number of players logged in then, as with private servers...?

Just curious ! :)

O

Ozzmandias

Well i've played a bit of Guild Wars 2 and a few of my friends got to the highest level and said there was not really any end game and they stopped playing. So that might wear off quickly.
Does UO have an end game?

Is it me?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is a sandbox game, it's limit is your imagination. UO doesn't have an endgame because it has so much freedom, you can do whatever you want really, the game is what you make of it. For me UO is a never ending game for me because of roleplay, the possibilities are endless when it comes to that, the storylines are constantly changing etc etc.

You can attend the EM events which is a constant ongoing storyarc and side stories that are never ending, you can become a trader and set up a great shop, you can pvp in fel if you want or PvM to get phat lootz, you can spend your days customizing great houses which some people are very found of, you can have the hobby of collecting rares and items and creating a museum. You can create great events for yourself and others such as auctions, the chicken league, bagball etc. You can set up market stalls and build stuff by placing things on the ground.

No other game has ever come close to this sort of Freedom apart from Eve Online, but spaceships aren't everyones cup of tea and still the freedom there isnt as great as UO i don't think.