• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pop-ups/intrsion attempts?

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the last several days the moment i pull up stratics i am besieged by pop-ups, and my antivirus goes crazy blockin intrusion attempts. It doesnt do it anywhere else that i surf just here, and i was wodering if anyone is having similar problems to mine, or knows what i can do to stop this. The pop-up blocker gets most of it but stil at least 2-3 get through each time i post.I also never have more than a couple viruses that gets found on my computer each week, but that number has went up to almost 800 this week alone. I use Norton with a windows firewall & spybot,is that sufficent protection?

G

<blockquote><hr>

try firefox....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep Firefox FTW.

G

"besieged" ?

Hmm, that should NOT happen. At most, there should only be one pop-up ad, most should just be top banner ads. Please report trouble-some pop-up ads to [email protected] - Be as specific as possible with the names of the ads and mayhap even links.

I do not use a pop-up blocker and when I do browse Stratics without signing in, I rarely ever get a pop-up. However, I am going to log off here in a sec and see what happens.

I would suggest upgrading to IE7 and mayhap use IE7Pro addon which adds many awesome features that IE7 should have came with. IE7 has it's own pop-up blocker also.

Mozilla Firefox is a great alternative also, although recently there have been some security issues (not sure if they were resolved yet or not), so you may want to do some background searching about this first.

Bottom line, our Banner Ads should not be intrusive, should not be causing more than one pop-up at a time, and if they are a pop-up of any sort, should have an easily visible way to close them or shrink them back into a normal add (in-case of those animated ones, not sure if we even have those anymore). If they are, we need to know what ads are causing it so it can be rectified

Send pertinent data to: [email protected]

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"besieged" ?

Bottom line, our Banner Ads should not be intrusive, should not be causing more than one pop-up at a time, and if they are a pop-up of any sort, should have an easily visible way to close them or shrink them back into a normal add (in-case of those animated ones, not sure if we even have those anymore). If they are, we need to know what ads are causing it so it can be rectified

Send pertinent data to: [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

only reason i even mention it is because the ads are game related, and it seems every time i click a link i get one.ill post later which ones in particular.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I been running Kaspersky Internet Security, I dont get any banner adds or popups

G

<blockquote><hr>

only reason i even mention it is because the ads are game related, and it seems every time i click a link i get one.ill post later which ones in particular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused.
What links (that you're clicking) are causing pop ups? The banner ad links themselves? Or just links to say, open a thread or a link someone posted?

G

I have Firefox on one computer and MSIE on the other and have not had this issue.