"Polymorph Mages" ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Giansolo

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and back from a long period without playing UO (last play was in 00 - 02')... coming back to sources ;) The game seems to have highly evolved and i may miss informations & Hints (i'm new to spellweaving for example).

I've browsed the forum about the "polymorph" spell and came across a question that tickles me: are "Polymorph Mages" viables? ie Mages with high wrestling and Wyvern polymorph. What are the Pros & Cons (PVM & PvP) ?
I remember using this spell for fun a while ago, but don't remember (and do not came across any information in any mage guide) if it has any interest.

Thanks,

Gian

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
A> there is no Wyvern polymorph to bad though sounds interesting, the post your refering to was proabably about Wraith form which is a necro spell and very handy with nice benefits.

The mage polymorph spell I have seen used for fun and giggles, some RP. For PvM its handy when fighting the Rat champ spawn boss so he cant turn you into rat form. PvP cant think of any uses.

B

burnttrees

to bad polymorph doesn't have any bonuses like ninjitsu and necro have, it would be really nice to have some other options

S

Shanna

Uo Relic is correct. Polymorph comes in handy against the Champ at the Vermin Horde spawn. Attacking Barracoon directly will turn you into a rat, which means you are slower and ugly. Using polymorph will morph you back. If you use it again and drag the choice gump off to the side, you won't be turned into a rat.

Also, if you have a male character, polymorph is a must have for an abyssmal spawn. The champ, Semidar, will deal more damage to a male character rather than a female character (polymorph into a Female Human).

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2004
PvP cant think of any uses.

If you notice your enemy happens to be using an undead slayer, poly into an orc and enjoy a substantial damage boost vs them.

Polymorph anti-slayer thing is a VERY old trick, but i tested it quite recently and it still works.

I have a very fond memory of killing an extremely overconfident silver-vanq axe-wielding warrior just outside of Deciet with this trick.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Pacific
If you notice your enemy happens to be using an undead slayer, poly into an orc and enjoy a substantial damage boost vs them.

Polymorph anti-slayer thing is a VERY old trick, but i tested it quite recently and it still works.

I have a very fond memory of killing an extremely overconfident silver-vanq axe-wielding warrior just outside of Deciet with this trick.
i thought they did away with the opposing dmg thing when aos came out?

B

Birdseye

The polymorth into an orc, and slapping a player with a Staff of Pyros, certainly works, and is also extremely funny.

I did it at yew gate less than a month ago, and i nearly wet my pants. It made it even better to know the 'blue' was dropped with 2 hits, and was stood inside the guard zone.:lick:

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Don't miss UO Relic's post. At a rat champ, even a warrior can carry a spell book and START polymorph. Drag the gump off to the side and make no choice, you will be immune to changing into a rat.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
The polymorth into an orc, and slapping a player with a Staff of Pyros, certainly works, and is also extremely funny.

I did it at yew gate less than a month ago, and i nearly wet my pants. It made it even better to know the 'blue' was dropped with 2 hits, and was stood inside the guard zone.:lick:
Oh that's awesome! So Poly does have some use other than running around Brit as a polar bear. (Does anyone even do that anymore?) :)