• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll on Client popularity

Choose the one closest to your opinion.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not looking for a rant & rave thread here, I'm just curious if the numbers favoring each Client have shifted. I'm assuming CC with UOAssist and EC with Pinco's work here.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I only play EC, and almost never use Pinco's.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do we really need another poll of a tiny fraction of a fraction of 1% of the playerbase?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I voted, remembering that this poll represents only those vote here and should not be extrapolated further :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe somebody could ask this question of Messana at the next shard meeting, if there is a next shard meeting?
Europa 4pm ET April 15,2015

A good idea, though I doubt she'd have accurate stats if surprised :oops:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So early indications say 60% only or mainly use CC and 30% only or mailny use EC.

Cant say that surprises me. Tje CC has yet to be replaced despite 3 attempts to do so.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So early indications say 60% only or mainly use CC and 30% only or mailny use EC.

Cant say that surprises me. Tje CC has yet to be replaced despite 3 attempts to do so.

And as Dot pointed out your polling pretty much a tiny fraction of the population... most players don't read forums let alone Stratics. I'm willing to bet that only 10% of players ever come to Stratics and of those only 5% actually would post or do the poll.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And as Dot pointed out your polling pretty much a tiny fraction of the population... most players don't read forums let alone Stratics. I'm willing to bet that only 10% of players ever come to Stratics and of those only 5% actually would post or do the poll.
Polls are all relative. Unless you poll everyone then the assumption is that the poll scales up. It isnt 100% perfect but usually a good indication. Unless youre feeling a bit inferior with your alternative client that is....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Polls are all relative. Unless you poll everyone then the assumption is that the poll scales up. It isnt 100% perfect but usually a good indication. Unless youre feeling a bit inferior with your alternative client that is....
No just saying your not getting an accurate poll at all since most players don't come here and a majority of the ones who do are SUPER old Vets who can't break from the old ways. Which includes the CC.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No just saying your not getting an accurate poll at all since most players don't come here and a majority of the ones who do are SUPER old Vets who can't break from the old ways. Which includes the CC.
Blah blah blah. No polls are accurate beyond a point as they just take a sample. You protest too much. Your Alternative Client isnt popular. deal with it.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah this poll isn't going to show an accurate percentage of anyone beyond the people that browse this forum regularly AND choose to click this topic.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What this poll reflects are the rabid veterans with a long history in UO and an emotional attachment to the client they started with, so of course most of them would still be using classic client, that's a given, lol. I'm more interested in the wider player population.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

You're throwing out a red herring, Craftsman (isn't that pretty much the definition of trolling?). Nobody suggested the classic client should be replaced.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blah blah blah. No polls are accurate beyond a point as they just take a sample. You protest too much. Your Alternative Client isnt popular. deal with it.
The point here, is that there is no way this poll could actually be representative of anything. Ever.

Until Broadsword adds a polling ability to the patcher, then runs mandatory polls (coupled with a mandatory patch) any polls done here (or any forum) are less than useless. Just more trash for people to thump their chests with. (No offense to the OP)

Wrapping things up with your own opinion masquerading as fact doesn't make your arguments any less BS.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The polls for the couple of years before I left usually came out nearly even by the time the poll ended. Let's see what it shows in 10 days. It could reverse itself.

Maybe somebody could ask this question of Messana at the next shard meeting, if there is a next shard meeting?

Europa 4pm ET April 15,2015

A good idea, though I doubt she'd have accurate stats if surprised :oops:
Anyone got her current email? I send her this thread link and ask her if we can get the offical client percentages at the Europa meeting.

Where on Europa is the meeting at?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone got her current email? I send her this thread link and ask her if we can get the offical client percentages at the Europa meeting.

Email: [email protected]

All the Dev Meet & Greets are in the throne room of Castle Blackthorn.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The polls for the couple of years before I left usually came out nearly even by the time the poll ended. Let's see what it shows in 10 days. It could reverse itself

I would be reallyl shocked if she gave those numbers out...since doing so could quite likely show that once again, they failed with a new client

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just more trash for people to thump their chests with. (No offense to the OP)
No offense taken. :)

It's only been a few hours, who's calling it just more trash and who's thumping their chests varies as the numbers change. One of the amusements of Statistics. <chuckles> Something I've always found entertaining about polls that tally up over time. :p

Hopefully I get an email address for Mesanna and she will give us official percentages that are not weighted by the sample group. :)

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly, I seem to recall Mesanna saying it was about 50/50. I don't remember when this was stated.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amazingly enough every single person who I've ever been in guild with reads stratics for info about UO. Why???? Most knew of it already when mentioned but the rest inevitably had some question where I referenced them to stratics for info. I'd say stratics is THE BEST place for info on UO so for all that speak English I bet they are aware of it and use it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly, I seem to recall Mesanna saying it was about 50/50. I don't remember when this was stated.
I remember this being said. Maybe one of the dev hangout videos. I wonder if it's actually true though and wasn't just said to try and stop all the CC vs EC debates.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
:cool::cool::cool:
Amazingly enough every single person who I've ever been in guild with reads stratics for info about UO. Why???? Most knew of it already when mentioned but the rest inevitably had some question where I referenced them to stratics for info. I'd say stratics is THE BEST place for info on UO so for all that speak English I bet they are aware of it and use it.
I have the same observation in my 15 yr UO career. Every time I speak of Stratics and the Forums to help a Guildy, Friend or New player they all seem to know exactly what and where I'm talking about. I've also notice it seems to always be the same few posters that insist no one reads Stratic Forums. I find that very curious and a bit misleading. Too those few I would say, you are either accessing very poor data or realy have Zero clue of how many and who is reading Stratics.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it really matter as UO stated that both clients will be supported as long as UO is alive. Quit worrying about who plays what and just be thankful that they play at all. You forgot "Who really gives a CRAP."

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does it really matter as UO stated that both clients will be supported as long as UO is alive. Quit worrying about who plays what and just be thankful that they play at all. You forgot "Who really gives a CRAP."
I suspect the point is to put some pressure on the developers to give first priority to supporting the most popular client? Which is CC among the 50 or so stratics members who have answered?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspect the point is to put some pressure on the developers to give first priority to supporting the most popular client? Which is CC among the 50 or so stratics members who have answered?
Both clients are supported or there would be less people logging on. How about we worry more about content and bug fixes for the game and less who uses which clients.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What this poll reflects are the rabid veterans with a long history in UO and an emotional attachment to the client they started with, so of course most of them would still be using classic client, that's a given, lol. I'm more interested in the wider player population.
well i played the CC for years, tried 3rd dawn client when it came out god it was awful, then i left for a few years and played games like WoW, Rift Aion..ect. came back to UO, tried to play the CC client and just couldnt. was about to unistall UO and and just go back to a previous game when i decided to give a EC a try, i fell in love with it and been here ever since and that was 3 years ago

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my memory is kinda vague on which client it was, KR or Enhanced, but I remember clearly that it was stated that when 90% of the players had switched over the classic would be gone... course, that was way back when and a few producers ago

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only EC, but didn't mind to vote (just for the giggles of those who take stratics poll for serious :D).

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The easiest way would to be stuck up a ballot box at Luna on each shard..and after you vote for CC Only EC only or EC/CC mix..you recieve a reward sash "Client Wars 2015" then we could get an accurate representation..one per account..if someone has 30 accounts and use EC..in my eyes that's the same as 30 people..since they are paying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember this being said. Maybe one of the dev hangout videos. I wonder if it's actually true though and wasn't just said to try and stop all the CC vs EC debates.
50/50 :D That's the politically correct answer. Doubt Mesanna has even looked this up.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh I already posted this before in another thread.

Not everybody posts and not all use Stratics that play UO.

Mesanna would know the accurate numbers because she is in charge of the game.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All polling aside, a good indicator of the mass adoption of the enhanced client will be the day when EC/CC threads are without endless EC criticism, CC bashing, and side-taking.

Now if you'll excuse me, my flying pig just arrived to take me to work.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All polling aside, a good indicator of the mass adoption of the enhanced client will be the day when EC/CC threads are without endless EC criticism, CC bashing, and side-taking.

Now if you'll excuse me, my flying pig just arrived to take me to work.

Be careful....my cow will be jumping over the moon soon.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my memory is kinda vague on which client it was, KR or Enhanced, but I remember clearly that it was stated that when 90% of the players had switched over the classic would be gone... course, that was way back when and a few producers ago
I sat in on a meeting when KR was announced. It that meeting it was clearly stated that the goal was to have KR replace the original client. That went on to be the public position for months until the beta came out and was seen to be poorly received. It was shortly after that, that the public position changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.