• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll for bugged quivers

Should the bugged quivers be legal items ?

• yes, make them legal

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • no, let them get fixed

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • i couldnt care less

Votes: 16 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

trammelite

everybody reading here has seen, how the different reactions of GM's on bugged quivers have caused uncertainty.
Why not make these quivers legal ? i mean, how do they really impact the UO gaming experience ?
i would encourage everybody to vote here, like
- yes, make them legal
- no, go let them get fixed
- i couldn't care less

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I have paged twice to get mine fixed and only got a canned response, I vote make them legal.

I haven't paged since I heard people were getting marks on their accounts though and I won't do that.

Make them legal and put an end to this foolishness.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say either make em legal

OR

let em get fixed WITHOUT the player getting marked for it, if THEY ask for a gm fix, then they r trying to abide by teh rules & shouldnt get punished for it, but if they had gotten pulled into jail about it, then its iffy on the mark

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt vote as you should have made a choice for... All bugged quivers should be deleted or turned into something useless like they did with the duped shrouds.

C

Crystilastamous

Just fix them all and prevent them from being able to be bugged in the future.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is my response to all exploits in uo, no one in the game should ever get in trouble for taking advantage of an exploit, it is the dev teams job to fix these exploits and never let them take place in the first place, the quiver thing has been known by all for so long and it is so dumb that people get jailed for having them, any programmer working for the dev team with half a brain should be able to fix the way to make them with the flick of their wrist... no idea why they don't already, but yea they should be made legal so what if they hold up to 4000 as opposed to 500, this would help all archers instead of carrying a bunch of quivers, just easier for space purposes in the backpack, i dont even play an archer and i think they should be made legal

but like i was saying more importantly, players should not be punished because of people on the dev team not doing their job correctly and tossing out publishes that are not bug free just to deploy it... another realllllly dumb thing is the fact that it allows you to name your character certain offensive names and then u get banned for naming them that... why do they allow you to name something that is not allowed in the game its really lame, i named a character Honky on a new account one day and the character was young, someone paged on me and i got pulled into jail, i wasn't being racist i just thought it was a humorous name, the gm then perma banned this brand new account even though i asked him to allow me to change it he refused and banned the account. Now imagine if this was my first time playing uo and getting perma banned on a new account while the character is still young, that would make a lot of new people quit the game before they could even experience it

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
everybody reading here has seen, how the different reactions of GM's on bugged quivers have caused uncertainty.
Why not make these quivers legal ? i mean, how do they really impact the UO gaming experience ?
- yes, make them legal
- i couldn't care less
I think they need to be fixed. Either that or give everyone one if they aren't going to fix them...

Though I don't think folk should get banned for possessing one...... I think they should have a special time in place to get them "fixed" by a GM and if you don't get them fixed in that time and continue to have one after that time..... then I think they can and should suspend the account owner for having it..... and take it away..... delete it.

L

Lady Narsil

I think they need to be fixed, BUT until they are fixed they should be legal to own. I also think any one that was banned or had an account mark for that should have it removed. EA breaks the stuff and we get in trouble because they can't get their acts together and fix it.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't see the point in making us own 3 or 4 quivers in order to carry enough arrows for a decent trip to doom or where ever. I find that 1500 arrows can be burned up pretty fast and I currently carry 3 quivers of ammo because I don't want caught up in the bugged quiver statistics.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should be able to be GM fixed & no marks. I know a few peeps who have purchased them off vendors & they were bugged (using on Mage chara's so whats the big deal anyways). The people do not read Stratics & prob never will. I just happened to notice them & advised them of it. I do not see why its such a big deal in the 1st place. Be it you have one quiver with 3000 arrows or 6 with 500 ea. It's not like there is a shortage of tokens we all seemed to of gotten with expansions. If people have them and want them fixed they should be able to call a Gm and get it done with out a hassle & mark. Until thats made official I can't see anyone wanting a mark calling to have theirs fixed :coco:.

T

trammelite

I didnt vote as you should have made a choice for... All bugged quivers should be deleted or turned into something useless like they did with the duped shrouds.
thats plain as unfair as putting marks to the accounts of people possessing these items. actually, after i have read the discussion, i checked all my chars wearing the blessed quiver for the reason of the 5% DCI and guess what, with the exception of the ones i have received from my own heritage token, all others show 0/400 stones. i never recognized this nor would i have cared until the discussion about account marks for possessing the quivers have started. how am i to blame for items i bought ingame nor why should i put my 4+ years account without marks at risk for reporting them in ? what happens when i have got a mark already from quivers and find another one or any other bugged item somewhere in the bankbox of one of my chars ?

they should either be all fixed or all made legal until a fix is available.
simply deleting them would be another slap in the face of the honest players, especially, because you need not to do anything illegal do get them bugged, and it can happen by chance.

E

Ericge99

Leave them bugged, well why not. I've still yet to read a good response as to why they should not be left, "as is". Except that UO considers them an exploit.
Serriously, I play several archers and yes you can go through 500 real fast, doom comes readily to mind, as do events. There is no beneficial aspect to having a bugged quiver except for restocking less frequently. Also what advantage does having a bugged quiver give an archer, non in PVP or PVM.
So why make a big deal out of it ..... oh, yes, it's an exploit.
Come one UO let them stand, and give archers a break here, they've been nerfed way to much as it is.

B

BartofCats

They tried fixxing them a while back... some escaped though and remained bugged after said fix. Why you cant have or own a bugged one now because of some dev incompitance is another story. Yeah, I said it, DEV INCOMPITANCE because if it was done right, they would have all been fixxed... and people wouldnt be getting banned or jailed whatever for their own mistake.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another question for the Town Hall meeting Saturday!

BTW, does anyone know if the bug is still ingame?

If it is, I'll ask when they're going to fix it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the most pressing issue in the game, but one of those little nagging grey areas which has probably been allowed to linger too long.

Seems to me the way to address it is to have a "maintanence sweeps" of the database as part of publishes to detect known bugged items and dupes. Then they could just add a line to detect and repair these quivers, then do a second pass on the next publish and if there are any news ones, catalogue them for debugging and/or delete them outright.

D

Der Rock

- yes, make them legal
- i couldn't care less

No to legal !
i page on 1-2 player a week ,last days found another player with to much arrows in a 400 stone quiver,they know what they do, so they should take the 3 day bann.
to all who say they didnt know it was illegal to have a 400 stone quiver : " bla,bla,bla"

L

Lord Drakelord

Well I said lets get them fixed. A guildmate called a GM to fix one and ended up being perma ban for owning it, he and others emailed alot of folks, but the bottom line was they refuse to recant the banning so he lost that account and the house as well. So if the bug quiver came from a green token, I would ofter my guildmates new tokens for the old quiver as we threw the bug one away, rather then call a GM to come fix it as we really did not wish to join the ban wagon on this.

L

Lord Kynd

the bugged quivers are not dupe's for one.
they only hold more arrows/bolts than they where intended.
perhaps a good fix would be to raise the weight across the board on all quivers.

but i think 500 arrows/bolts per quiver works good. 1,000per would be near perfect.

L

Lord Kynd

No to legal !
i page on 1-2 player a week ,last days found another player with to much arrows in a 400 stone quiver,they know what they do, so they should take the 3 day bann.
to all who say they didnt know it was illegal to have a 400 stone quiver : " bla,bla,bla"
you are the type of player that people should despise, your goal it sounds is to grief others.
you should page on yourself for bugging the GM's so much.

and all for stuff that does not effect you playing.

L

Lord Kynd

Not the most pressing issue in the game, but one of those little nagging grey areas which has probably been allowed to linger too long.

Seems to me the way to address it is to have a "maintanence sweeps" of the database as part of publishes to detect known bugged items and dupes. Then they could just add a line to detect and repair these quivers, then do a second pass on the next publish and if there are any news ones, catalogue them for debugging and/or delete them outright.

most of the one's being bugged are quivers of infinity, but not limited to them.
there was a point where we could ask via PM's or paging GM's to fix these for us.. within 1 1/2 years for sure.
a hard spot for deleting these items is they are considered 'special' items because they come from token's... altho wasn't that part of the reason they dumped all the heritage tokens on us, so people could replace them ?