• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poisoning

O

Omen

I have this problem with my poisoning skill - i already have it on 95.2 but cant rise it up on deadly poison. I mean no mater how many deadly potions i use i dont get any gains in poisoning. Any chance that i can use greater poison to (i still get gains on it) recive 100% in poisoning or the gains end after (for example) 97% ? Thanks for help :thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thing, check that you still have skill points free so that it can raise.

At 95+ you should be gaining on deadly, greater might give you gains, but not very often, your success chance is rather high. Sometimes mixing up the two will work, some deadly and some greater. What you could also try, if you can find it, is dark glow poison. I have a char training on Siege. I'm poisoning shuriken, so that my successes are saleable and will let me recover some of my costs.

O

Omen

Hmm thanks for all tips but i think it smth wrong with DP or with my char. I sacrafice today 2+ hours on poisoning and during this time i waist 350 potions with DP and recive 0.1 in poisoning skill and 224 potions with GP and recive 0.4 in poisoning. Right now my skill is 95.7% :coco:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do the dark Glow and parasidic poisions do? do they make any difrence to a poisoned weapon?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quote from UO.com
Parasitic Poison
Does poison damage, but also heals the person who applied the poison if they are within 1 tile.
Darkglow Poison
Gives a damage bonus to attacks when the attacker is at a distance greater than 1 tile from the target.
I would put dark glow on Shurikens and parasitic on melee weapons or fukiya darts