• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poisoning and magery

P

peanutbutter

i can't find any of the old info on poisoning and magery and i don't know if anything has changed.

so, can someone provide the breakdown on that, like:

200 total points = deadly poison ___% of the time
190 total points + ???
etc
etc

thanks.

and just so this fits into UHALL, i recommend that the DEVS recruit some VETS to work on a new database.

S

Sheridan

From one of the magery guides on the Spellcaster forum:

Firstly, to cast deadly poison requires 200.0 skill in any combination of magery and poisoning combined. If you have 120 magery, you would need 80 poisoning. Any amount over 200.0 has no additional effect.

P

peanutbutter

ah, found something on another site, but i don't know if the info is up to date. does this sound right?

"When casting the poison spell, the level of the poison is determined by the combined poisoning and magery skill.

* Less than 130.2 total: Lesser poison
* Less than 170.2 total: Normal poison
* Less than 200.0 total: Greater poison
* 200.0 total (GM Magery and GM poisoning): Deadly poison, 5% of the time."

so anything over 170.2 guarantees greater poison all the time... ?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Poisoning and Magery have conditions....first off you get a bonus only for 200 points invested in skill. 100 Poison 100 Magery, second you have to be within 2 tiles when casting it except with fields. Poison field will always result in Deadly.