• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poison crimson drake (training)

StarstrukK

Adventurer
can anyone tell me how to properly train a poison crimson drake I tried to do it by myself but I was unhappy with the end result. I don't like fooling around with pets much and I am sure someone here can tell me how to spend all the points each level.

I would like it to be primarily for the roof and possibly Lady M so help with the proper set up would be fantastic. I would like to fully 120 the pet out or as much as possible while keeping it strong.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mel has high poison resist and low fire. A Fire drake would be better.

First round:
Set the Stamina and dex to max.
Set the resists to 80 except cold
Give it 100 HP and rest in STR.

Second round:
Mana regen 30
HP regen 20
Stam regen 5
Str 700
Mana 600
Rest in HP

Last round:
Max base damage
Choose abilities

I like Aura of Nausea
Armor Ignore
Chivalry if you like the HP If not Poison

Put on scrolls.
Rest in HP

StarstrukK

Adventurer
sorry just had a quick question as I read through the training more
I want stam regen? I thought most pets skipped it since they have focus is this because I want to do Lady M ?

sorry just double checking really dont want to mess up my training again lol.

Gardo

Journeyman
The way I would look at it is 5 points in SR would require 60 training points which would equate to another 20 HP or 120 mana. You just have to decide if extra in one of these areas would be of greater benefit than making sure your swing speed definitely doesn’t drop. (Lower max dps)

I haven’t used the elemental drakes much, so I can’t definitively say how their stamina holds up during battle. I’ll say this.... I’m a big fan of Pawain’s builds. From Cu’s to najas, the builds have never let me down.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way I would look at it is 5 points in SR would require 60 training points which would equate to another 20 HP or 120 mana. You just have to decide if extra in one of these areas would be of greater benefit than making sure your swing speed definitely doesn’t drop. (Lower max dps)

I haven’t used the elemental drakes much, so I can’t definitively say how their stamina holds up during battle. I’ll say this.... I’m a big fan of Pawain’s builds. From Cu’s to najas, the builds have never let me down.
While visiting Atlantic to shop. I saw so many pets with 30 Stamina Regen. There is no reason for wasting 300 points there. Heal your pet once in a while and they do not drop stamina. I put 5 just in case the devs change something.

Some had 10 or 15 Mana regen. Max mana regen is a must!!

If you want to choose between Hit Point regen and Hit Points, you can do that. You just have to heal the pet more often if you choose Hit Points. Many of us have healed our pets for years, so thats not a problem.

My Naj is an awesome beast!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
sorry just had a quick question as I read through the training more
I want stam regen? I thought most pets skipped it since they have focus is this because I want to do Lady M ?

sorry just double checking really dont want to mess up my training again lol.
Pawain said also another VERY important piece of info: Mel is resistant to poison, and more sensitive to FIRE. So poison drake not the best choice for Mel? Maybe you want a Fire Drake or a Fire Beetle or Firesteed to train for mel instead? And keep the poison drake for things that are sens. to poison..

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'd recommend a fire beetle, although they are a pain to train. If not then what pawain said.
I like my fire beetle on my disco Provo tamer for mel.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire Beetles seem tougher than the drakes. Plus they get rune corruption. Mels fire resist will really drop with disco and RC.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While visiting Atlantic to shop. I saw so many pets with 30 Stamina Regen. There is no reason for wasting 300 points there. Heal your pet once in a while and they do not drop stamina. I put 5 just in case the devs change something.

Some had 10 or 15 Mana regen. Max mana regen is a must!!

If you want to choose between Hit Point regen and Hit Points, you can do that. You just have to heal the pet more often if you choose Hit Points. Many of us have healed our pets for years, so thats not a problem.

My Naj is an awesome beast!
Alot of the 30 regen pets on atl are exploited or formerly exploited pets. The tamers there weren't very smart.

I know of someone who reads these forums who likes to do the 10-15 mana regen pets (won't name them), think awhile ago they said they didnt think it was worth the points to go above that.

600 hit points has almost never let me down, and my pets are often standing after everyone elses are dead.

I am also in favor of keeping 5 stam regen on pets.