• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PLEASE SIGN

R

ReaperNI

Not sure if you all are sick and tired but these faction points are way out of hand. i wouldnt care if i was dropping faction gear because my mage with 21 million points isnt rank 10. ive watched the amount of point go from 8 to never enough. My easy fix is remove faction rank from the gear that way it wont upset to much (not that hard to fix) and the point farmers can still brag all they want about their points. PLEASE SIGN IF YOU ARE TIRED OF THIS TREND THAT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. thank you Reaper

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wipe points, go back to the old system when 53 points actually meant something.

R

ReaperNI

becuase i am very doubtful of the skills of uo i usally suggest the easiest route which involes the least amount of labor. a few months ago i had suggest a new pointing system where you received more or less silver by killing someone with a higher score maxing out at 100. killing somone with 10 or less = 100 silver. killing someone with 90 punkte to 100 = 1000 silver something like that. still involed removing rank from gear (but also added in higher previously ranked gear would wear faster then lower causeing the need to replace gear constantly) . for now id just be happy with no rank. Reaper

O

olduofan

I agree the point thing is broke many people some how got points from an exploit some how and some people loose points for no reason I'm 1 of those had over 1000 points didn get killed 3 days goes by im at 0 wtf i cant even wear my gear now I give up im just not even going to be in a fraction any long going to resign 2day. I hope they get around to fixing fractions and balance out pvp more.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like how everyone complains that they dont care about wearing the faction gear then complain that they cant wear their faction gear.

their was no exploit in farming the points.
there was just a lot of killing.

during the war if you killed someone in a faction town there was double points.
and if they where on the other alignment their was double again. (TB and COM vs MX and SL)

so if you where a TB and you killed a SL in brit town you got 4 instead of 1

now if you popped someone who allready had 200 points you would get the regualr 10% then times that by 4.

so 20x4

so killing more and more gets more and more points.
course ya could farm it if you had multiple accounts.

but yes.
and the end of the day the points are a dead issue.
delete them all and have everyone start at 0.
or.... give a clean up even and let people buy some titles for points (kinda like the musem and library and zoo titles)
then go back to one kill gets ya one point and start it from scratch again.

keep in mind that in 3 years we will be right back where we are again.

but hey, everyone here killed the new plan they had last year on how poinsts where given out.

so really at the end of the day when we complain about it its us we can blame, since we killed the changes they had coming down the pipe.

we should have tooken the changes, said thanks and played. instead there was crying and temper tantrums and they killed it all.

id be suprised after all that wasted time if they ever come back to try to fix factions.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree the insane amount of points needed on a lot of shards needs to be addressed but I don't think we should wear faction arties with zero points. I know some people "farm" points for their trammel characters but at least it takes some effort. If they don't need any points for all gear then its that much easier to abuse the system.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think faction chars in trammel more than 60 minutes in a day should suffer drastically increased point decay... Something to the tune of of 30% any day they spend 60 minutes or more in trammel.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
again, it comes back to the changes they tried to make.

they had all that in the changes.
the longer you where IN the base, the more points ya got.
the longer you where fighting in the base, the more points ya got, ect ect ect.

i think we can all agree that what we have now just dosnt work.
or, i should say, its working, but not well.

but we are never gonna get 100% of the poeple to agree on any one change or fix.

they should have just pressed in the last changes and we could have played with that for a couple years till we got bored of it or hacked it to death.

then we could change it again, hehe

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we just need a yearly reset or something?

At the end of the year the person at the top gets a nice little prize for hacking the most points and we all start from zero again.

Better than points, that thing on test they do where they show deaths/kills is kind of cool.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a lot of their changes were assinine. They weren't thought out and reflected a fundamental misunderstanding of how people play UO.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just get rid of points. I think stat loss for 20 minutes is good enough deterrent for joining factions.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, who ever came up with that point system should be taken out back and shot in the back of the head..

and turn it back to old system.

:gun:

With that being said... I bet this takes about 4 years for them to acknowledge there is a problem.. Then another year to fix it, then another 4 years to acknowledge that they ****ed the 'fix' up then another year on top of that for them to realize they need a developer who knows wtf the factions are and know how to fix it...

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"if both sides are complaining about a recent change, then you prolly got it right. "

both sides are not complaining here devs ...

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is everybody complaining about? There is no problem with faction points. You would put a major crimp in my income if I couldn't sell my faction points to pvm charicters.

Btw: Selling faction points, 1 billion for 1k gold.

T

Tox The Murder

Wipe points, go back to the old system when 53 points actually meant something.
TOTALLY AGREE! Bring back order/chaos! Make pvp worth it now! Not just gank sqaud vs gank sqaud!

Signed :drool:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
their was no exploit in farming the points.
there was just a lot of killing.

keep in mind that in 3 years we will be right back where we are again.
It wasn't an exploit, but it certainly was not intended that you could end up with more points than you started with when killing people. When you die 10% of your points are lost and 10% are transferred to your killer.

The bonuses broke this balance and give you 20% or 30% when you kill someone, but they only lose 10%. When someone actually sat down to exploit this they had millions while everyone else had none. Eventually they died and all the points they had entered the general population.

It won't take years to reach millions of points, only days or weeks if someone exploits it again. The bonuses need to be removed.