• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PLEASE POST YOUR OPTIONS ON THIS POST DID MAXIS LUC LIE

• Thread starter cammrisdemorte
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_julilyn

If "if "and "buts"were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

stupid thread..

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto !

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

stupid thread..

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize to the majority of you all for my replies if they seems a bit rude but when I read a thread like this, I just sit back and shake my head and think what a useless waste of time it was to even read this thing. The Dev's don't need stupid interuptions when they are working day and night on this game. The poster needs to learn common grammar if he doesn't know the reference an *IF* makes in a sentence.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

luc made this comment on feb 2nd
I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.
this was about ppl useing bots and it is now march 14th so what happend is the major question
OH AND BTW ALL i did give lee a good idea on how to stop botters it was to put in a randomly times security check and lee said it was a waste of there but it works for a lot of other games so cant it work here

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be rude but, proofreading would make your post better, it would also make your argument and opinion appear stronger (Options and Opinions are two different things, may I suggest editing the title of this thread? lol)

Anyways,

He didn't lie, its just your impatience that makes you think he did!

Sure, random security checks work on games like World of Warcraft where over 10 million people pay $15 a month, that equals $150,000,000 a month. Which allows blizzard to hire a huge amount of developers for WoW, thus having people who can run the random security checks (did you think it was done by a computer? A computer can find them, but someone must still look at the botter alert, examine and make a verdict).

However, we currently do not even have 13,000 subscribers (this number is from one of luc's first few posts on tso-e.com) Which equals $130,000 a month, also we do not have a huge amount of developers, which makes time scarce. Also, the developers must deal with creating &amp; updating a new game, fixing the bugs and dealing with complaints. So there will be times when they must reject suggestions, ideas and postpone plans. Do not take it to hearth, if they reject your suggestions or ideas for what ever reason. The game wiki website, was created for the purpose of making suggestions and ideas into reality.

<blockquote><hr>

and btw cat that is the main problem with ealand now is so many ppl kiss up to the dev's that they could care less what they do to us

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you would have been here during the period of time where we had literally no contact with EA, no technical support, no updates, and the cheat which caused inflation to spike up to the billions ('04 - mid '07) then you too would be kissing up to the devs. How many times, must we keep on typing the same thing, the game was absolutely ignored for 3 years, on the brink of being canceled. When Luc stepped in, and changed this game!

All these negative posts are [censored] pissing me off, sure you can say I kiss up or I am a EA cheerleader, but likewise, I can say something similiar to you &amp; and anyone else who sees me/us as EA's pets (or possibly pests)
. I can say you are a pessimistic cheerleader, a party pooper. So everyone, please stop with this cheerleader and kiss up name calling [censored], we are not first graders! Its not doing any one any good, it may even possibly cause more arguments.

So, please stop with all this negativity! It does not good! If you hate it, deal with it! Or you have the option to leave! The developers are not gods! They will NOT please a single individual, by doing what he or she says and changing the game to make them stop complaining.

I have noticed, that all these "negative" posts have been coming from players who,

- Are new and expect this to be like Second Life or WoW
- Players who do nothing but skill and make money
- Players who do not know how to be successful in this game (one way would be by teaming up with roommates, not your second accounts, and working together to create a great lot)
- Those who are extremely impatient and demand to have there individual needs &amp; wishes granted to them.

Maybe we should have this one huge thread, were all the useless complains should go!

G

<blockquote><hr>

stupid thread..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.....I very much agree!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey fyi cater i did work till luc cut they pay on that by over half

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now you"ll have to work twice as hard, just like the rest of us. You created a thread that makes no sence. And complained about something that we already knew about, on top of that you missread their statement and then insult them. Luc and the others are working very hard to fix this game.

I'm impressed that anyone even felt a need to respond to your question/ statement as it was very ludicrous.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now you"ll have to work twice as hard, just like the rest of us. You created a thread that makes no sence. And complained about something that we already knew about, on top of that you missread their statement and then insult them. Luc and the others are working very hard to fix this game.

I'm impressed that anyone even felt a need to respond to your question/ statement as it was very ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

.......and yet you replied just like the rest of us, with just as wordy an answer that had already been said
Nah, just pokin' fun at you, but it does have a certain ring of irony

G

Let's stick to opinions of what was posted and not opinions of the poster.

G

<blockquote><hr>

yippe for the Lee Man...now stop this chatter children and play the game!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....and lock this stupid thread for goodness sake. GGAAAHHHHH!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

stupid thread..

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize to the majority of you all for my replies if they seems a bit rude but when I read a thread like this, I just sit back and shake my head and think what a useless waste of time it was to even read this thing. The Dev's don't need stupid interuptions when they are working day and night on this game. The poster needs to learn common grammar if he doesn't know the reference an *IF* makes in a sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.....I think the original poster who started this thread just wanted to cause trouble and hurt. Still can't figure out why anyone with a wit of intelligence would ask such a question?

G

[quote
I have noticed, that all these "negative" posts have been coming from players who,

- Players who do not know how to be successful in this game (one way would be by teaming up with roommates, not your second accounts, and working together to create a great lot)
- Those who are extremely impatient and demand to have there individual needs &amp; wishes granted to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add the people who run the bot programs. I would think they would go in that list as well, don't you think? Just a thought.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add the people who run the bot programs. I would think they would go in that list as well, don't you think? Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but there's no way to really prove who's doing that *here*. There's been many accusations flung back and forth between people, and no proof ponied up here at all, so I don't wanna open the door for more poo-flinging like we're a bunch of monkeys on amphetamines or something

Tension breaker

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.......and yet you replied just like the rest of us, with just as wordy an answer that had already been said
Nah, just pokin' fun at you, but it does have a certain ring of irony

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya your right, I finally had enough, I guess I can get a little het up by even the most stupid thread if I have my nose rubbed into it enough. I don't have to read them and most of this thread I did not read, the irony to me is that very few people realized how stupid the thread was..............

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but there's no way to really prove who's doing that *here*. There's been many accusations flung back and forth between people, and no proof ponied up here at all, so I don't wanna open the door for more poo-flinging like we're a bunch of monkeys on amphetamines or something

Tension breaker

[/ QUOTE ]

No, wasn't accusing anyone or making any accusations, that's not my job. I'm just adding to the list a point that was not included and I sure wasn't flinging pooh at anyone just making a point of fact that I thought was missing.

"I have noticed, that all these "negative" posts have been coming from players who,

- people who run bot programs"

Anyone else care to add a point they feel was missed?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

"Believe" and "If"

Means he was making a 'guess' and therefore wasn't lying at all.

I believe that it meant that there were certain variables that needed to be met in order for what he was saying to become a fact.

I made pretty good money in a few hours this weekend. I'm not sure what all the fuss is over money actually.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, wasn't accusing anyone or making any accusations, that's not my job. I'm just adding to the list a point that was not included and I sure wasn't flinging pooh at anyone just making a point of fact that I thought was missing.

"I have noticed, that all these "negative" posts have been coming from players who,

[/ QUOTE ]
I see. "a point of fact".
Sooo, you're saying that you know these posters personally and they have communicated their feelings to you?
Or.... you are psychic and can read their minds and interpret their thinking (and you can prove it)?
Or... that your personal judgement is incapable of error (and you can prove it)?

Or is it simply that you used the word "fact" when what you really meant was - 'in my opinion'?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Sooo, you're saying that you know these posters personally and they have communicated their feelings to you?
Or.... you are psychic and can read their minds and interpret their thinking (and you can prove it)?
Or... that your personal judgement is incapable of error (and you can prove it)?

Or is it simply that you used the word "fact" when what you really meant was - 'in my opinion'?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually what I said is what I ment.

G

Wow this is a dumb post. I am shocked it hasn't been locked yet. Oh well... Luc didn't lie. 'Nuff said.

H

hollythor

um, I found a new conspiracy on us losing money. We now have that new added feature of allowing our sims to be in the negative. So this way the maid and garderner of which is maxis, will always get paid. So if you are broke, fire the maid and gardener or dismiss them early. They will always get our simoleans or REAL money one way or the other, and there will probably be no increase in payouts. Because they have that wonderful atm feature we can use. With that in the play, it does not help simolean economy. PPL are buying all the simoleans and those of us jamming for pennies, will never see increased payouts again.

G

The maid and gardner will not quit if you have 0 simoleans?

ETA: I just tested it out. I gave the house to a sim with nothing. The maid came and I got the pop up. "Cleaning Service: What do you mean, you don't have enough money to pay me?" I am going to make you pay! She then proceeded to steal the roomies phone. LOL When I owned the house and hired her. That is how it was in BV too and probably all over TSO. If you do not have it, the roomie will have something stolen.

R

Roger Wilco

It's called weasel-speak. The art of using weasel words to always give you an out. They never actually lie, they just say things with enough caveats that they can never be held to anything. The rule is to never, ever, EVER say anything specific unless you are 118% certain it's going to happen.

If readers want to take a dev posting that says he is "working on" "believes" or "thinks" as meaning something is going to happen, well, that's a shame, but he's certainly not going to correct their misinterpretation of what he said either.

I

imported_julilyn

cut the developers some slack.

You know? it is not like the Devs whole reason for being is to mislead the players and find ways to piss you off.

We COULD go back to the old days when the only time we ever heard a thing from these guys was when they popped in Server outages and said " We are aware bla bla city is down and are working to get it back up asap "

EALAND IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Moby Thesaurus words for "under construction":
brewing, forthcoming, going on, in embryo, in hand, in preparation,
in process, in production, in progress, in the oven, in the works,
on foot, on stream, on the anvil, on the fire, on the way,
under revision, under way

G

actually it was the butler in the pantry, carrying the candlestick, with Col. Mustard who said that, so direct your attitudes towards them. Or get a "clue" and drop this already.

G

Just an observation, but everytime someone steps in and says "I can't believe this thread is still going/hasn't been locked etc etc" it puts this thread right back at the top of the list and encourages yet another reply.

Everyone is entitled to post an opinion on stratics provided that it remains with the ROC. Threads aren't locked just because someone doesn't like the topic of conversation. As a rule they're locked because there is either an existing active discussion, or the thread is heading for a total train wreck, has gone way off topic, has degenerated into a private argument and is never going to regain any sense of respectablity or mature discussion.

In this case none of the above applies.

(If you'd like to comment on threads being locked, please feel free to do so in Stratics Discussion, please don't reply here).

So as a general comment and not so subtle hint, if you would all love to see a thread drop off the first couple of pages, then the best way of allowing that to happen is to stop responding in it with "is this thread really still going?" comments.

(And yes I just did the very thing, I'm suggesting not to do, but I hope you'll understand why
)

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're simply wrong and the poster you replied to is correct....he was giving you the benefit of the doubt.....should have taken it LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

um, I found a new conspiracy on us losing money. We now have that new added feature of allowing our sims to be in the negative. So this way the maid and garderner of which is maxis, will always get paid. So if you are broke, fire the maid and gardener or dismiss them early. They will always get our simoleans or REAL money one way or the other, and there will probably be no increase in payouts. Because they have that wonderful atm feature we can use. With that in the play, it does not help simolean economy. PPL are buying all the simoleans and those of us jamming for pennies, will never see increased payouts again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you rather go in the negative, or have the maid, gardener or repairman take things from the lot that usually equal MORE THAN YOU OWE THEM and then dont' show up at all for a while, or would you rather it be like it is? Personally, the old way seems like EA taking more of our RL money if you wanna put it that way than this way does, so I'd rather have it this way.

*shrugs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, facts are provable.
Prove it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I Don't have to prove anything, that's a kids game I don't play. My statement still stands.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're simply wrong and the poster you replied to is correct....he was giving you the benefit of the doubt.....should have taken it LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no I'm not simply wrong, what I stated is true. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? Why should I back down and slink away in a corner just because someone says I'm wrong? How do they know I am? Let's play a kids game, "Can anyone prove me wrong? Hate to revert to such a childish play but it makes as much sense as someone asking me to prove it. Ya...sure...I'm going to do that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I Don't have to prove anything, that's a kids game I don't play. My statement still stands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh huh, that's what I thot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no I'm not simply wrong, what I stated is true. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? Why should I back down and slink away in a corner just because someone says I'm wrong? How do they know I am? Let's play a kids game, "Can anyone prove me wrong? Hate to revert to such a childish play but it makes as much sense as someone asking me to prove it. Ya...sure...I'm going to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! You make the ridiculous claim that your opinion is fact, but everyone *else* is childish?
There is an unfortunate tendency in the world today to offer 'belief' and 'opinion' as if it were fact - it seldom is.

The admonishment to 'prove it' was simply to wake you up.
But you keep on dreaming.

G

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! You make the ridiculous claim that your opinion is fact, but everyone *else* is childish?
There is an unfortunate tendency in the world today to offer 'belief' and 'opinion' as if it were fact - it seldom is.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wake me up? Me dreaming? If you really do not believe that there are cheats and botters who have/are posting negative posts on this forum you are very naive. Wake up and smell the roses. Of course they do, how better to get the community all riled up about the issues they don't like that affect their cheating and botting? All they have to do is start the thread and sit back while we argue over the contents of their post. Duh

I

imported_Mavric

General WARNING to the Thread

The subject is:
<blockquote><hr>

I believe our latest weapon will be in place this week, and if that is the case, I will be able to raise the payouts again.
this was about ppl useing bots and it is now march 14th so what happend is the major question
OH AND BTW ALL i did give lee a good idea on how to stop botters it was to put in a randomly times security check and lee said it was a waste of there but it works for a lot of other games so cant it work here

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's get back to it.

Mavric
EAL/TSO Stratics Forum Moderator

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly, but he didnt' inhale.

I agree with Qute Pi, this is why they do not like to give us "possibles" ppl always freak out b/c they only see what they want to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wake me up? Me dreaming? If you really do not believe that there are cheats and botters who have/are posting negative posts on this forum you are very naive. Wake up and smell the roses. Of course they do, how better to get the community all riled up about the issues they don't like that affect their cheating and botting? All they have to do is start the thread and sit back while we argue over the contents of their post. Duh

[/ QUOTE ]
Smell your own roses. The issue isn't whether or not there is cheating going on, it's your assertion that you know for a *fact* that *all* the "negative" posts are made by posters who fit into one of your "categories".
Your exaggerated claim does nothing to help the situation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Smell your own roses. The issue isn't whether or not there is cheating going on, it's your assertion that you know for a *fact* that *all* the "negative" posts are made by posters who fit into one of your "categories".

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not start the original post that contained the categories list, Please read this, http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=715692&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

They are Marson2006's catagories not mine, I only added 1 issue. That issue is the only one I have been posting about......I have not mentioned any of the others because I have no knowledge concerning them, those were not posted by me.

And then please read this, http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=716248&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

I included Marcin2006's post in the body of my post, I probably should have stated that it was his not mine. Left that out. I added his post then added my point at the end of his post so that it looked like this. I had thought with the " marks people who had already seen Marcin2006's post would know I was just adding the last point to it not that it was mine.

The only point of fact I was talking about was that botters and cheaters do post on this forum and do instagate negative threads. That was all I was adding to Marcin2006's post that I thought had been overlooked. Non of the other issues he mentioned were included in that as he had already mentioned them.

You stated that, "it's your assertion that you know for a *fact* that *all* the "negative" posts are made by posters who fit into one of your "categories". No I do not, I never stated that. I asked if there were any others who would like to add to the list that Marcin2006 originally made. The only fact I do know is that Cheaters/Botters, what ever you want to call them do post on this forum and do start contravercial posts just to rile people up and to cause problems with the hopes that if they get enough people behind them EA will listen and possibly change certain things ingame in their favor.

You have accused me of stating something that I did not. I now realize that you must not have read all the posts because if you had you would have known that I was only adding 1 point to Marcin2006's post. That is all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not start the original post that contained the categories list, Please read this, http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=715692&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

They are Marson2006's catagories not mine, I only added 1 issue. That issue is the only one I have been posting about......I have not mentioned any of the others because I have no knowledge concerning them, those were not posted by me.

And then please read this, http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=716248&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

The only point of fact I was talking about was that botters and cheaters do post on this forum and do instagate negative threads. That was all I was adding to Marcin2006's post that I thought had been overlooked. Non of the other issues he mentioned were included in that as he had already mentioned them.

You stated that, "it's your assertion that you know for a *fact* that *all* the "negative" posts are made by posters who fit into one of your "categories". No I do not, I never stated that. I asked if there were any others who would like to add to the list that Marcin2006 originally made. The only fact I do know is that Cheaters/Botters, what ever you want to call them do post on this forum and do start contravercial posts just to rile people up and to cause problems with the hopes that if they get enough people behind them EA will listen and possibly change certain things ingame in their favor.

You have accused me of stating something that I did not. I now realize that you must not have read all the posts because if you had you would have known that I was only adding 1 point to Marcin2006's post. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point being that you have no PROOF to back up your claim, and until you do pony up the proof, then it is pure conjecture and speculation and yes people can and will say you are wrong without evidence to prove you are right. I don't understand why you can't just agree to disagree if you're not willing to back up your stance with EVIDENCE. Even if people think/know you are wrong, that doesn't mean you don't have a right to think it, but it does mean that you don't have a right to state *here* that your OPINION is fact until it becomes fact.

G

It all comes down to proof I am not allowed/can't give you without breaking another of stratics/EA's rules. You know that. I just wanted people to realize that not all posters here are honerable people and to be aware that there are those who will try to manipulate this forum and us for their own interests and not the games, the players or any other honorable reason. They have their own agenda, and that agenda is the money they once made off of this game.

G

This thread has drifted after several reminders to put it back on track.
It is closing up now.

Please feel free to continue any final thoughts/wrap-up discussion via private message.

Aster
EAL TSO Stratics Managing Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.