• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please help me use honor taming

kinerney

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I hope this is the right forum. If not then I apologize. I've got a 120 tamer. I built up honor to level 2 follower of honor but I can't seem to get it to work in enhanced client styg expansion. I open the virtues gump and double-click honor which is colored and indicates my level 2 status. But when I click on myself to keep the GDs calm, it doesn't work. I've tried it with other monsters and I've tried it over 2 days without success. I've even tried clicking on the monster to honor it on the unlikely chance that might keep them calm. I'm probably doing something clueless to not do this right.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

On a related note, does anyone know the length of time that you are in honor calm mode at the three levels?

kinerney (Lake Austin) aka Dragon Food

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you tame it, it is still going to say you anger the creature, but it shouldn't attack you. And you need to make sure it wasn't agro'ed on you before hand.

At level 3 (knight) it last 3 minutes.

kinerney

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As you tame it, it is still going to say you anger the creature, but it shouldn't attack you. And you need to make sure it wasn't agro'ed on you before hand.

At level 3 (knight) it last 3 minutes.
Thanks! That is really helpful info. I would have been concerned about angering the beast as I do that a lot. That wasn't actually the final solution for me. I figured it out. I had a UO user setting to "ignore cursor actions on self" that I had applied to try to keep from accidentally dismounting myself when trying to loot in the middle of an angry mob. I turned that off and it works as it should now. So I'm posting this just in case anyone has a similar problem and sees this message.

Happy Hunting! kinerney

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you are using the EC, try opening your actions menu and find the Virtues menu. Drag the Honor gump to you hot bar. Hit it and you should be able to target your potential tame. I think most people use the old client to tame because it has some features like "follow". I use the EC because I like how it looks. However, the old client is superior as far as creating macros for taming.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I had a UO user setting to "ignore cursor actions on self" that I had applied to try to keep from accidentally dismounting myself when trying to loot in the middle of an angry mob.
It's useful option. Take it turned on. To target yourself click on your hp bar.