• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please God No More Ogre Lords....

P

portcontrol7

Hi all,

Well my Necro is about where i want him to be at. I'm usually in wraith form casting curse weapon, and lightning striking Ogre Lords after honoring them. I rarely get killed and usually am at full health. I have a few questions though.

1. My Honor seems to have stalled at the 4th tier after filling it twice, does anyone know why this could happen?

2. My stats are Necro/SS/Anat/Tact/Bushido/Parry/Swords/Resist

This is too cramped so I started to drop resist as Ogre Lords only do physical damage... What are folks takes on these stats, I've heard drop anatomy and keep resist, and I have also heard that resist is not necessary. I'm confused, is resist this broken skill that people tell me and if so why don't I need it?

3. I'm so bored of Ogre Lords! Can anyone suggest a place to make decent money/items without getting slaughtered? I earn 50k on a good hour in Despise. Also is there a macro setup that automatically will loot creatures I kill of gold?

4. My stats are 95 STR 80 DEX 50 INT... How do these stack up? And when do I get additional stat points? I've played for about 3 months now and I heard they give you more after awhile...

5. Lastly does Karma affect the chance an artie drops?

Thanks for any info/tips you all can provide.

T

Trukx

<blockquote><hr>

Necro/SS/Anat/Tact/Bushido/Parry/Swords/Resist

This is too cramped so I started to drop resist as Ogre Lords only do physical damage... What are folks takes on these stats, I've heard drop anatomy and keep resist, and I have also heard that resist is not necessary. I'm confused, is resist this broken skill that people tell me and if so why don't I need it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people say drop anat because you dont have healing. Anat does provide a damage boost, and if your goal is to refrain from killing magic casting creatures, then keep anat as resist provides you no real benefit. As for resist itself, its not broken by any means, just sometimes misunderstood. If its high enough, its great for not getting poisoned, paralyzed and also decreases the amount of stat loss on curses and duration if you are paralyzed. If you are going to begin training on magic casters, its a very beneficial skill, although by no means required.

<blockquote><hr>

3. I'm so bored of Ogre Lords! Can anyone suggest a place to make decent money/items without getting slaughtered? I earn 50k on a good hour in Despise. Also is there a macro setup that automatically will loot creatures I kill of gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deamons are easy money for a chiv/bush char. With a demon slayer wep, EOO and CW......you will pretty much mow them down if you are taking out ogrelords. 600 gold and items each....deamon temple is an almost nonstop spawn. You can progress up from there as you learn your character better.

<blockquote><hr>

4. My stats are 95 STR 80 DEX 50 INT... How do these stack up? And when do I get additional stat points? I've played for about 3 months now and I heard they give you more after awhile...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im fairly sure you get +5 stat points when you hit 6 months old, but its been a LONG time since ive done that so its not 100% accurate. As for an assessment of your stats......since your primary damage is melee, you seem ungodly low on dex to maintain a good swing speed. I also tally 225 stat points....get yourself a +20 scroll (25 if you can afford it) and dump it into dex. Can also boost this with items.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Luck. both in game luck and real life luck, or in the case of doom......time.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

Hi all,

Well my Necro is about where i want him to be at. I'm usually in wraith form casting curse weapon, and lightning striking Ogre Lords after honoring them. I rarely get killed and usually am at full health. I have a few questions though.

1. My Honor seems to have stalled at the 4th tier after filling it twice, does anyone know why this could happen?

2. My stats are Necro/SS/Anat/Tact/Bushido/Parry/Swords/Resist

Thanks for any info/tips you all can provide.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Honor - kill harder things to kill. Paragon things work well. Named monsters work better (i.e. Miasma, Swoop, Coil). The level of honor you can reach is entirely dependant on the maximum fame value of the monster, so it takes extremely difficult monsters to kill to get you all the way to knight of honor. I think your template would do very well with Miasma, especially if you have more than 100 swords.

2. I have the same, but without resist and with 70 points of chivalry. I've found that having your skills heavily boosted by the right items or jewelery helps a ton. I don't miss resist on that character.

3. Try taking a soul seeker to the valley to the east of Ilshenar's Compassion gate. There are tons of titans and cyclopses there. It won't get you much more fame than ogre lords, but the gold output is much better, and it's more exciting. The citadel can be challenging and fun as well.

4. Good stats as long as you're using a fast weapon with swing speed increase (like soul seeker). If you want to use a slower weapon, you need more dex and likely less intelligence. I agree that a stat scroll with all points to dex will help a ton.

5. Previous poster already answered this one. I can't improve on his answer.

P

portcontrol7

What I really want to know about resist is this...

From an experienced players prespective, how possible is it to solo against magic creatures without it? What are the long term prospects of running a necro/sammy without it?

I

imported_Farsight

The effects of having no resist can be countered by 2 things, the paladin's remove curse spell and blue apples.

And even with no resist spells ability, no apples and no paladin skills, it isn't hard to get along without a few points in a stat. So for me, resist is purely optional for PvM.

PvP is a different story entirely.

G

I solo Dreadhorn with a Vamp Samurai with 0 resist. In PvM, resist isn't really worth the skill points in my opinion.

E

eolsunder1

What resists protect you from

Paralysis. Isn't a big deal in PVM, as soon as the monster hits you one time the paralysis goes away. Not a big deal. Usually very strong monsters are hitting you easy anyway.

Poison. Big deal. Resist really doesn't protect you from poison all that much, most mage monsters spam it anyway, youll resist it some, many times it hits. Plus it doesn't protect you from certain poisoning done by peerless, etc.

Mana drain.. A pain but again, most that mana drain bypass your resists pretty easy. It comes back after a few seconds.

Mana vampire. This will be your only problem. Monsters which actually drain down your mana. Unless you have high mana regen it will affect you. Really there aren't a whole lot that do.

Bloodoath. Now, here is a pain when doing high end necro monsters. With the resist changes blood oath isn't a killer if you have 100+ resist. Without resist, bloodoath is deadly. You will kill yourself very easy. You die fast fighting the DF without any resists. With resists, at least you aren't going to instant kill yourself when he bloodoaths you.

So, if you like to keep to monsters where you aren't bloodoathed/mana vampired, then resist is basically worthless. If you plan on doing DF's alot, or ancient liches, or what ever, mmmm might want to keep that resist on so you don't instan kill yourself whamming on the DF for 100 damage a pop.