• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please fix Arms Lore & Runic Crafting

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is 25% DI on exceptional weapons crafted with runic tools and GM Arms Lore an intended change or a bug? The DI is at its expected 40% when weapons are crafted with a normal tool, but for some reason not runic tools.

S

Sevin0oo0

Re: Please fix Arms Lore

i think they should have deleted the skill when they could, instead of having to invent something just to keep it alive. It's use could had been incorporated in another skill at the GM -120 span. The ones that were GM already could have been given a free 120 scroll for their trouble.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Please fix Arms Lore

i think they should have deleted the skill when they could, instead of having to invent something just to keep it alive. It's use could had been incorporated in another skill at the GM -120 span. The ones that were GM already could have been given a free 120 scroll for their trouble.
Why so? It's a skill that complements other skills, like Eval. Intelligence complements Magery. Besides, as Raistlin said the problem lies not with Arms Lore but with runic crafting (pardon my misleading title :))

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is 25% DI on exceptional weapons crafted with runic tools and GM Arms Lore an intended change or a bug? The DI is at its expected 40% when weapons are crafted with a normal tool, but for some reason not runic tools.
I burned about 1,000 DC charges last night just trying to get a 100% poison weapon. I noticed almost everything was coming out as 25% DI (unless mod was used), and thought to myself how furiously pissed off I would be if I was using a val hammer.

S

Sevin0oo0

on that line, agreed, sorry. I'm not an informed crafter, but, don't runics give decreased resists when making armor? maybe it's intentional, in that it's a parellel nurf - giving both armor/weaps a minus when runic crafted?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs know about this problem, they are just not willing to acknlowledge it for some obscure reason.