• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Players new to Siege.....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am on a roll posting it seems :) Also in my sneaking around last night, I ran across a player fairly new to Siege and once I finally convinced said player to stop running from me LOL. I had a good conversation with the person :) I am harmless in game BTW.

Just thought I would drop a post covering some of the things we talked about.

1. Your personal reputation of Siege MATTERS. Everyone new to Siege starts out at ZERO and their actions and interactions in game make that reputation go positive or negative.

2. Yes it is much harder to get started and established on Siege than it is on prodo.

3. NO the ROT does not suck for most skills and in the crafting arena saves you a ton of resources and gold.

4. Yes people will kill you.

5. Yes some will dry loot you. Thus the saying "If you can't afford to lose it........ Don't wear it!"

6. No there are no thieves on Siege! There are however people that will liberate everything in your pack if given the chance.

7. If you need something basic like a suit, spell book etc. Ask in GC there is almost always someone that will help you out for free or at a low cost.

8. Yes if you earn a bad reputation you can literally be black balled and shunned by most if not all of the core community. This makes playing on Siege a lot more difficult.

9. No there is no Recall or SJ. Getting enough mage with jewels to gate is not hard. There are Hubs and Crystal portals all over the place that make getting around relatively easy.

10. Siege is not Atlantic and GC trash talk usually just makes you look like a moron.

11. There is a guild or two for new and returning players find them and avail yourself of their services. It will make your life easier and help you meet more people.

12. Caution is wise until you get to know who is who. But don't be affraid to to die. Seriously what are you going to lose a crappy suit and some minor loot. (See #5 and if you can't afford to lose it.....)

13. Soul Stones are your best friend on Siege.

14. Yes Mythic tokens work on Siege and speed things up a lot.

15. Don't get involved in the shard politics and arguments until you are established and have a reputation.... good or bad.... It will just make you a target.

16. Yes those of us that have been around for a long time have a lot of STUFF and Gold and JUNK. Wealth errr Junk tends to accumulate over time. We are all a bunch of hoarders on Siege and well no I won't sell that because I might need it some day :)

17. Everything on Siege has value.

18. With shop prices and not being able to sell to NPC shops, you can't make money selling stuff to shops.

19. Get out and meet people and interact. Yes some will attack you and kill you.

20. Yep you can house hide and never go more than a screen away from your house. Not much fun playing UO that way though.

Feel free to add to or contradict this advice :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#6 is worth emphasizing. If something is missing from your backpack; you most likely dropped it accidentally. There is absolutely no way it was a thief.

#2 There are methods of acculating wealth and items via trade if one has $$ to spend.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This should be the #1 point and in giant colored text. I think this is what deters people the most.
But with an reminder about remove the house again if Siege is not for them.

I am not a big fan of the second house. It got a lot of houses placed on Siege and short term boost in active players. Since that boost.... well there are a lot of houses.........
I wish it was a second house on any shard, that way, they would not leave a ghost house here but replace it on an other shard, when they stop playing Siege.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But with an reminder about remove the house again if Siege is not for them.

I wish it was a second house on any shard, that way, they would not leave a ghost house here but replace it on an other shard, when they stop playing Siege.
Making the second house available across all shards would have been my vote. Lets face it on most prodo shards if you could place 3 houses per acct. it would not make much of a dent in the open housing spots. I logged on Legends the other day and ran around the Zento square and a good half of the house spots are empty. People that don't like Siege would be very likely to drop their Siege house and place on a low pop prodo shard and actually play there on occasion. I used to drop all but my 3 primary houses when I basically was gone from the game during the farming and market season. Then the second house rolled around while I was away and now there are dirt plot and empty houses. Was talking to a guy on Atlantic a couple years back and told him he should try Siege. He said he already did and didn't care for it.... and "I still have a house there somewhere, but be damned if I can find it!" If you are gone from Siege so long you can't even remember where you placed your second house on Siege there is a problem.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need a thread on Uhall saying , Please log into siege and delete your house. It will work 2 fold, it might get rid of a few houses that people forgot they placed, and it might get some to come back and try it again because their house is already there..or it may be a big waste of time and I think I'll go make some coffee..

:pirate:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need a thread on Uhall saying , Please log into siege and delete your house. It will work 2 fold, it might get rid of a few houses that people forgot they placed, and it might get some to come back and try it again because their house is already there..or it may be a big waste of time and I think I'll go make some coffee..

:pirate:
More coffee sounds good either way :)