• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player towns?

D

Daolin

Hey guys, I recently joined the Catskills community about a week ago. I played in '98-'01 and recently returned. I've never played on Catskills before though and lack info on its history and any player run towns. I'm looking for unique community gems and RP hot spots. :)

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's Carden in Felucca. Its a village of vampires and werewolves. If you want to go there,I can get you a rune,but they may not like visitors.

D

Daolin

hrmm.. sounds scary! Sure i'll take a rune sometime. I'll try to get in contact with you.

Any other places?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aegis is a good place to check most days. Also there's The EM's place and some of the surrounding places are held by roleplayers. If you want runes to the places just shoot me a pm and I'll show you the places I know about.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The United Pirates have a village in Trammel, close to the shrine of Honor. We aren't there a whole lot, as we prefer to travel a lot. But if you happen to find us there, we're happy to play with you.

Our page:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/

Our maps:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/maps.htm

More resources by our Captain:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/guide/index.htm
Be sure to check out the large maps, they're really quite excellent

Alternatively, there is Olympus, a mainly human city (guild name Purple Guardians of Honor or PGoH) which lies on the western edge of the swamps north of Trinsic (also Trammel). I don't have a map to there and their web page is in dire need of updating, but it can get quite lively there if you visit at the right time. We do have a rune to Olympus in the pirate rune-library, which is included in the map section of the web page (Runes in the lower right rune book).

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's also Kinship Village in Fel. It's on the road to Skara Brae. I could show you sometime this weekend if you like. My modem at home got fried and the cable company said the new one wouldn't be here until tomorrow.

B

Beleg Megil

There is also Silverwood, an Elven and Elf-Friend village, South-east of the Yew Moongate. Coordinates for the middle of the village are 68 o 2'N 29 o 36' W.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aegis is located in in Trammel. It is the first clearing south of the moongate. The Knight's Rest Tavern is open on Tuesday nights at 9 pm est and you will find many form different guilds gathered there.

Special events are held there from time to time including sparring matches, fairs and Bard Competitions. There is a rune book on the steps of the tavern to other RP locations.

(P.S.)
If you are a RP town and I do not have a rune to your place in my book, please have a member of your guild drop one off to me at the tavern.)

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And theres the village of Everthorne being rebuilt by the looks of things just south of Aegis.

And if you go North east of the Reward Hall and over the bridge, you will find the Village of Solace. Which is still being built up. But hey, I like visitors.

And for the truly brave... There's always Necropolis Southwestish of Fel Yew...

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alternatively, there is Olympus, a mainly human city (guild name Purple Guardians of Honor or PGoH) which lies on the western edge of the swamps north of Trinsic (also Trammel). I don't have a map to there and their web page is in dire need of updating, but it can get quite lively there if you visit at the right time. We do have a rune to Olympus in the pirate rune-library, which is included in the map section of the web page (Runes in the lower right rune book).
Thanks for the plug, Aneirin. :> Yeah, we don't have direct access to the website. It's always been run by Balandar. But, Olympus is just across the water, north of Trinsic:

http://i31.***********/33xaufr.gif​

It consists of several buildings (twenty-some) in that area, mostly along the water and running north in the strip of grass between the swamp and forests. The ruins of the tavern are there after being blown up in a blackrock explosion, but it should soon be back up for events (bard's night, etc.). In the meantime, we hold "tavern nights" with an occasional joust on Saturdays at 9 PM EST at the marketplace next to it (can see the building on the map, by the small strip of land).

If you are a RP town and I do not have a rune to your place in my book, please have a member of your guild drop one off to me at the tavern.)
Also seconding this. We have a book on the red table in our rune library (behind tavern ruins) for RP towns/establishments. If anyone's been missed, PM me or something and let me know so we can add your place. :> Come to think of it, I need to double-check it sometime...

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackrock explosion? Who could've done such a thing!

And to think I only killed less than 15 people...Er I mean...

Who could've done such a thing!

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

!!!

A CONFESSION!

Why, I'd never have expected such behavior from you, sir.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

!!!

A CONFESSION!

Why, I'd never have expected such behavior from you, sir.
I was certain it was Kodoz for the insurance money. I mean think about it he gets the insurance money and builds a bigger better house on the rumble. We're on to you Kodoz!

D

Daolin

Excellent info guys, thankyou! I shall check out all of these places.

D

Daolin

The United Pirates have a village in Trammel, close to the shrine of Honor. We aren't there a whole lot, as we prefer to travel a lot. But if you happen to find us there, we're happy to play with you.

Our page:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/

Our maps:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/maps.htm

More resources by our Captain:
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/guide/index.htm
Be sure to check out the large maps, they're really quite excellent

Very nice! I went and visited the area. I didn't see anyone, but the town looks very authentic. I wanted nothing more than to tap a keg of ale there with some sailors.

D

Daolin

There's also Kinship Village in Fel. It's on the road to Skara Brae. I could show you sometime this weekend if you like. My modem at home got fried and the cable company said the new one wouldn't be here until tomorrow.
I couldn't quite find this. I started in Skara, and worked my way up the road towards Yew. Did I miss it somehow?

D

Daolin

Aegis is located in in Trammel. It is the first clearing south of the moongate. The Knight's Rest Tavern is open on Tuesday nights at 9 pm est and you will find many form different guilds gathered there.

Special events are held there from time to time including sparring matches, fairs and Bard Competitions. There is a rune book on the steps of the tavern to other RP locations.

(P.S.)
I found the tavern. It looks great! I hope I can get there next Tuesday

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't quite find this. I started in Skara, and worked my way up the road towards Yew. Did I miss it somehow?
Start in Skara, follow the road past the ranger huts. On the south side side of the road you will find a house (the town hall) with static flowers and a light post out front. The village clusters around there and spreads a bit north east. One I get my Internet back at home (I'm posting from my phone now) I can show you the village if you still can't find it.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://i31.***********/33xaufr.gif​

It consists of several buildings (twenty-some) in that area, mostly along the water and running north in the strip of grass between the swamp and forests. The ruins of the tavern are there after being blown up in a blackrock explosion, but it should soon be back up for events (bard's night, etc.). In the meantime, we hold "tavern nights" with an occasional joust on Saturdays at 9 PM EST at the marketplace next to it (can see the building on the map, by the small strip of land).
Hey my little 3 plot village is directly east of this. In fact I have a great bird's eye view of your jousting arena from the sw corner of my castle. I often pull up a chair and watch the event. Fun to watch.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey my little 3 plot village is directly east of this. In fact I have a great bird's eye view of your jousting arena from the sw corner of my castle. I often pull up a chair and watch the event. Fun to watch.
Hello, neighbor! :p Should come joust sometime! Haha.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope he means the old joust area because east of the new joust are is in the water.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be the old area then. I have been on a break for several months. I have just been poking my head in the boards lately thinking my break is almost done. Glad you are still updating the town and sad I cant watch the event from my house anymore.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, neighbor! :p Should come joust sometime! Haha.

Fighting! *laughs* Oh my no... I am a humble merchant. I wouldn't waste your seasoned warriors' time scraping me off their weapons.

Though I am not as skilled using weapons, I am quite adept at making them. The small plot in front of my castle would make for a convienient armory (if it is still there).

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fighting! *laughs* Oh my no... I am a humble merchant. I wouldn't waste your seasoned warriors' time scraping me off their weapons.

Though I am not as skilled using weapons, I am quite adept at making them. The small plot in front of my castle would make for a convienient armory (if it is still there).
Instead of a jousting area in front of your house now you have a big forge where you can work haha.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a player town. It is called Buc's Den. Population = 2. Below is a map of our player run town. We have three buildings all on the East Side of Buc's Den. It's just me and Elvis. Elvis has been my neighbor since the beginning (12 years?) . He used to be the mayor. Two of the houses are sealed but that might change soon. Please stop by today and fill out our guest-book at the eastern-most house. You must beware as this is in felucca, but I believe this to be one of the oldest player-run town's in the game as it's original inhabitants are still occupying the land. Sure our town used to be bigger. There were up to 10 houses on the island at one time. There used to be much pirate activity here. The pvp use to happen frequently, but now only three houses remain. The expansion of lands brought property values down and people moved away from Buc's Den. The crime can be horrible. So be careful. There is however room for expansion. There are a couple small spots available nearby and spread throughout the island. Please come by Buc's Den Today and at least sign the guestbook in the east house!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of a jousting area in front of your house now you have a big forge where you can work haha.
A Mausoleum view now....creepy. Nice illusion there tho! I already have a large forge behind the castle I spend most of my time in. Very comfortably equiped. But let me know if any of your guild would trade BoDs. I'm still working for the val hammer.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Mausoleum view now....creepy. Nice illusion there tho! I already have a large forge behind the castle I spend most of my time in. Very comfortably equiped. But let me know if any of your guild would trade BoDs. I'm still working for the val hammer.
The crafters in our guild all work out of there own collection and it they need any they usually check with each other, as far as I know none have actually gotten a val hammer from a bod.

D

Daolin

Hey guys, just updating my progress here. I've rarely been able to find people in towns at random times. That is expected though.

I did manage to attend the Aegis Tavern for the first time. What a nice crew of people. There are two other places I want to check out, the UoP boat race and auctions, and the Olympus Tavern.

Any other places have regular events or a calender where they post them? I'll try to make them whenever possible.

K

KodozPGoH

I was certain it was Kodoz for the insurance money. I mean think about it he gets the insurance money and builds a bigger better house on the rumble. We're on to you Kodoz!
*Takes a short break from counting out checks worth millions of gold.*
Knight Scarst, I have no idea of what you could possibly be referring to. Please be careful of making libelous and slanderous statements.
*signed with the seal of Emeritus*