Player Towns, Communit, Guilds

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

Intrepida

Looking to find a good Player community preferably one thats commited to makeing a active player run town. Would be interested in a guild with that as a drive / goal / Dream. Do we have any here in Origin? Or is the player base to small now?

Trepida

PS Let me in let me in .......Origin oh where are you...... help I have lost all contact with the world and have to face the real world and its UGGLY......

L

Lord Arcane

Welcome to origin! if you need any help let me know i will help as i can as well as many others on this shard i'm sure, we are very friendly here :) please make yourself at home here.

Lord Arcane

I

Intrepida

if there is no active player run towns is there any desire to make one?

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2004
deco.girlgamer.net
It's been tried a few times. There have been a number of "player run towns" but none of them have survived more than a year and a half or so. Kraggen-Kor fell, but I know the dwarfs were rebuilding it. KORH had a village. I believe it too has fallen into disrepair. An elven group had a town near Skara for a while, but its gone too, as did another elven group near the crossroads.

Unfortunately I can't give up my homes for a new location, but would gladlyl support an endeavor near Vesper or where my castle is

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, Ya'll
www.kob.org
It's been tried a few times. There have been a number of "player run towns" but none of them have survived more than a year and a half or so. Kraggen-Kor fell, but I know the dwarfs were rebuilding it. KORH had a village. I believe it too has fallen into disrepair. An elven group had a town near Skara for a while, but its gone too, as did another elven group near the crossroads.

Unfortunately I can't give up my homes for a new location, but would gladlyl support an endeavor near Vesper or where my castle is
Good grief Cassie,

Dark and the orc clans fell apart years ago. I always liked Kraggen-Kor though, Really cool architecture. And SO many brightly colored axes too!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Makoto & Luna
Kraggen-Kor was an awesome concept. It's a shame it fell. They were rebuilding last I saw, but I haven't seen any dwarves online as of late. I was a member of the elven group at the crossroads. It fell because the narcissistic leader ticked a lotta peeps off. Then he moved shards.

I'd be interested in becoming part of another group. I, too, can't forfeit any homes but I do have a castle in the Vesper area around the shrine. Also in Makoto.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2004
deco.girlgamer.net
Originally I had hoped to acquire the homes around the Vesper Beach area. Greg Dean of Real Life Comics has a house just down from my keep or up from where the auction house used to be. And we had talked about trying, but it's not as easy as it sounds. I haven't been able to find the house owners and the keep I placed was pure luck after it fell.

In theory, I could rebuild the auction house on the beach, giving up my makato vendor home (not that I've had time to restock the vendors being sick). If anyone is interested....

Viquire...yup. I miss the Orcs....hehe

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, Ya'll
www.kob.org
Let me just ask, I have tons of ideas of my own, but what tools or incentives do you folks think would make constructing and maintaining a player run city a challenging, rewarding, balanced, and viable endeavor?

Obviously in this game the premise of "If you build it they will come" does not apply.

Don't fetter yourself, lets just think out loud and lets not censor folks. What controls could be placed in player hands, what support would be needed from game staff etc.

Have fun!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Makoto & Luna
The problem with the player town I was to be part of is that the leader wanted full control and didn't welcome the ideas or creativity of others. His way or no way. That made the concept, to me, a lot less exciting and - fun. It was just another 'job' being told what to do and how. So as for getting people on board I'd suggest there definately being a community-based, team approach vs. the vision of one.

What would the town be? A specific race (elves, orcs, gargoyles, dwarves, etc.), a melting pot? I like the melting pot approach personally. It seems to add some spice.

As far as controls, I've gotta get to bed. I'll give it some thought. =)

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2005
the elves almost made it here LOl long ago

a reason is best for grouping as pk protection isnt needed any more
i think might be hard!!!!!!

orignal towns morphed to protect against pks without that less setting up a mall and origin could use one dont see it happening!!!!!!!!!

Let me just ask, I have tons of ideas of my own, but what tools or incentives do you folks think would make constructing and maintaining a player run city a challenging, rewarding, balanced, and viable endeavor?

Obviously in this game the premise of "If you build it they will come" does not apply.

Don't fetter yourself, lets just think out loud and lets not censor folks. What controls could be placed in player hands, what support would be needed from game staff etc.

Have fun!

A

Anon McDougle

it will take the devlopers help to rebuild towns only when they give the ablity to build things as groups that single players cant will folks come together

I

Intrepida

TO make a player town go its a pain buit it takes alot of activities for one. Like the auction and races and pub crawl turnaments ectera. You have to have a awsome Ruin Lib, A good pub, I recoment a Crafters center that wells crafters supplies at cost and has all the needed things like forges and looms ectera and try and amke it so ther is at least two set ups of each type so players be in same room craft and chat. Natve a theifs hut with chest set up for training lock picking. Any other building that alow players to train in the town. I am sure there is alot I missed this is just some ideas off the top of my head. Even a mall where players can buy stuff at a better price then luna these things will all help draw players to the town. I agree a menting pot the server pop isnt enough to be race selective. Malas is the only place where there is currently alot of open space where you could set up and realy own all the homes in the area.

T

Tamsin

The KORH village is not in disrepair. It is not the 23+ houses that it was for most of a year, but there are still a number of houses there. 3 houses were placed just in the last couple of weeks.

It is difficult to maintain a player run town with a population as sparse as ours. We do it for ourselves and the shard. Those houses that remain are because we also like being "neighbors" and hope our population grows.

Our guild library was recently moved there.

We don't have the large number of people to occupy the town at all times, but the houses remain public and any member of the guild can be reached through various means posted on the bulletin boards found in many of the houses. We have supplies kept there for new players too.

We occupy the western side of Gravewater Lake just outside Umbra. Any and all are welcome.

The library and guild house are at the southern most part of the town. Coordinates 19o 57'S 0o 4'E.