• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Run Teleporter Hub - Anyone interested?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of us have been discussing the idea of having a Teleporter Hub on Baja. This would be available to:

1. Role Playing Communities the likes of Dawn, Ravenshire, The Gypsies of the North, The Golden Brew Pub and any others that would like to have their community open and available to the residents and visitors to Baja. Hanging out at the Golden Brew listening to idle conversation and throwing out one liners now and again is much more fun than the Luna Bank. Trust me on this one. All facets would be included.

2. Museums. Inquiring minds want to know where you are!! All facets would be included.

3. Rune Libraries! We all need them at times! All facets would be included.

4. Well established , well maintained Vendor houses that are outside Luna proper. All facets would be included.

5. Special interest areas. Such as the Skara Brae Fairgrounds, The EM Meeting house, Justice Falls Wedding Chapel. This of course would be up to our EM's.
[FONT=&quot]
I have spoken with Lord Dar who has had a community center in the northwest corner of Luna for some time now. He has graciously offered his building as the grounds for the teleporter hub and the location is easily accessible to all. We all know Lord Dar has given much to many over the years. He has helped so many people get a footing on Baja when they first come here, myself included.

[/FONT]

There is one issue that needs to be addressed and that is the house teleporter tile sets are a 12 year vet reward. Some of the above do not have accounts that old nor have the massive amounts of gold that the sets are selling for presently. I think on Baja they currently sell for 30-50 million gold pieces.

I know that there are a few of us that would be willing to donate a set. Are there others that would like to sponsor an establishment should they lack the means to get a tile set? Fundraisers? I'm looking for suggestions and ideas on how or if this issue should be addressed at all.

So my questions are:

If your establish fits the bill would you be interested in this?

Do you have access to a house teleporter tile set or would you need someone to sponsor you?

Do you have access to a house teleporter tile set that you would be willing to donate to an establishment?

As a player on Baja would you find this useful to you?

Do you have any other ideas? Suggestions? Feedback?

K

KitaTalith

The Golden Brew Tavern would be very interested. Unfortunately, our accounts don't have access to the teleporter tiles (although we're both from 1997/1998, we were not active the full 12 years to receive the reward). So we would have to ask for sponsorship.

Thank you for initiating the idea, and thanks to Dar for being willing to set this up.

(and Dar...where have you been?! You've not been by the pub in a while...)

Kita

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
One suggestion whenever you decide to build it

The player who owns the house could... (become ill, be banned, quit etc) one way to ensure the hub doesnt not become idoc loot is this:

The teleport tile owner is co-owned to the house.
They lock down and secure the tile
Then un-coown them and friend them

This way they can release the teleport tile at any time they choose without having to worry if the owner is available.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually gave this some thot. I agree with Gareth the Tile owners must have some protection. I am fine with this. I would need minimal prep time before co-owning folks.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One suggestion whenever you decide to build it

The player who owns the house could... (become ill, be banned, quit etc) one way to ensure the hub doesnt not become idoc loot is this:

The teleport tile owner is co-owned to the house.
They lock down and secure the tile
Then un-coown them and friend them

This way they can release the teleport tile at any time they choose without having to worry if the owner is available.
If friended at a house, a character can lock items down and set security levels, and remove them later if necessary (if the house owner doesn't release and lock down again), thus eliminating the co-ownership steps.

EDIT: However, I tested this with the house teleporters, and a friend CAN NOT lock them down. They can be locked down or secured by the house owner and co-owners only.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it was my understanding that the Teleporter Tiles require placement by only owners or co-owners. Did I misunderstand their use requirements?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it was my understanding that the Teleporter Tiles require placement by only owners or co-owners. Did I misunderstand their use requirements?
You're correct, my bad! I just tried locking one down in a house that I'm friended at, and got the owner/co-owner only message. I apologize for not checking before I posted!

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tut, tut,

No apology necessary, Dear Lady. Your info is correct far more often than not. And our Community info is being constantly updated, hehe.