• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player Owned Vendors Should Have Owner Listed

• Thread starter DarkScripture
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DarkScripture

Just as a house has the owner listed, so should the owner of each vendor. I found a vendor with good arti prices; and thought after reading the patch post about arties, "I sure wish I knew whom I was buying from.". I think this is a very simple addition and could help on some level.
Since names are not unique in UO it would not help for certain.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and they would load the vendor with a character with a sweet sounding name like Aunt Tilley or Smilin' Jack or Swee' Pea

how would ya know? :D

S

Sebrina

Just as a house has the owner listed, so should the owner of each vendor. I found a vendor with good arti prices; and thought after reading the patch post about arties, "I sure wish I knew whom I was buying from.". I think this is a very simple addition and could help on some level.
Since names are not unique in UO it would not help for certain.
I'd love this, for people to know that they are purchasing items from ME. I think that most of my regular customer already know where to get their runebooks, scrolls and other misc. scribed items, but to (know) the name of the owner on the vendor would be great.

I'd love for people to also be able to leave messages right on the vendor for me to pick up for (mass quantities) and such. Some good vendor houses don't even have bulletin boards.