• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plan on making a mage templete for Peerless Runs and Gauntlet Runs and need some help.

G

Havent really ever played a mage templete before other then mage/tamer and looking to try something new and was wondering what is the best mage templete out there for doing Peerless Runs and Gauntlet Runs? Im thinking of making a Mage/Necromancer or Mage/Spellweaver but mainly just want to make a templete that will be effective against Peerless and Gauntlet monsters

G

A Mage/Necromancer is what I run for doom gauntlet and he works very well. Your going to want to save up for a 120 magery PS as you will be casting many EE's, EV's and Earthquake's, while you could go at GM your going to find the fizzling will get to you so you will want to get to 120. I find an LRC suit is a must, try to leave hands free for a scrappers spellbook which seems best for rooms 2,5 and I find the DF. An Undead spellbook works well for rooms 1 and 4, and a Demon spellbook for room 3, can also use against DF and room 5 though I find I do better with scrappers there.

My template
120 Magery
120 EI
120 Med
120 Necro
120 SS
the rest I have in MR but that is because I also do alot of champ spawns in Fel, if your not going to Fel you could easily drop and add spellweave for a WoD (word of death) great finish spell. Probably dont need 120 Necro either could get away with GM easily enough. I find I spend alot of time in wraith form to get mana back when I unload attack spells.

I usually use my mage/tamer for peerless runs so while I figure my necro/mage would do well I havent actually tried him, I like to dust off my other chars once in awhile and let them out to play :)

S

sean_lo

Well here's what you do in doom for an idea as a mage:

Room 1 - Undead slayer book, cast fireball till dead. Throw in evs in between. WoD if you have spellweaving.

Room 2 - Scrappers. Cast fireball till dead.Throw in evs in between. WoD if you have spellweaving.

Room 3 - Demon slayer book. Cast fireball till dead.Throw in evs in between. WoD if you have spellweaving.

Room 4 - Undead slayer book. Cast fireball till dead.Throw in evs in between. WoD if you have spellweaving.

Room 5 - Scrappers. Summon 2 Earth elementals, all kill. Repeat summoning when they die. WoD if you have spellweaving.

Final stage, dark father - Demon slayer book. Throw evs, cast fireball/ebolt/explo/FS based on how much mana regen you have. WoD if you have spellweaving.

I

imported_xStrikerx

Lightning/Ebolt works better in room 4 and Earthquake is great in room 5 if you are ready to run/invis

I

imported_GFY

I actually do more damage in room 5 casting mind blast, harm then I do explosion, flamestrike. They have lower cold resist (mb and harm are cold based) then fire.

G

Here is what I use as a mage for peerless and doom:

Magery 110/120
EI 110/120
Med 115/120
Inscription 100
Spellweaving 110/120
Hiding 100
Stealth 80

Still need a few PS as the first numbers indicate and will need 40 points in items once scrolled up.

I

imported_GFY

Hmmm... I like it but I have a phobia about mage templates without resist. Do you have any resist related problems PVM?

G

i'm working on a 800 point template atm.

necro/mage/weaver/inscription/med/eval/SS

they are claiming unlimited mana for flame strikes and 600+ WODs

we shall see...

i'm short many items and still raising skills

E

eolsunder1

Either will do fine, be it necro, or spellweaver.

What you will need are slayer books. Undead and demon for gauntlet. The most important thing in those are having high mana regen, because your going to be casting alot for a long time.

Necros are great because you can get back mana faster with them (wisp familiar, necro form). Spellweavers are great because you can WOD those tough foes for high damage at the end. I can get 3 WOD's in on the DF for 300+ each. Thats a nice 1000 damage bonus at the end. Either will do fine.

Spellweaving usually is the main choice because it only requires 1 skill compared to necromancy which requires 2 skills (unless you just want to drop necromancy all together and just use items to get into wraith form).

Try this.. Go with a mage/spellweaver, and use items to go into wraith form for mana replenishment. You can always soulstone spellweaving and raise necro later if you wish. I run a mage/spellweaver and its exactly what I like for peerless/doom.