• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Place Your Bets Siege on New Dragons

• Thread starter imported_Elmer Fudd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

For the record;

I am doing everything I can to field one of these dragons as fast as possible.

I am doing. It because I want to.

I will shed no tears.

Just as any good mage or necro would use the latest spells, any good dexer would arm the best weapon and acher the greatest bow; I will field the best pet I can: and I have no remorse, as none of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would expect nothing less from the guy who does nothing for himself. He doesnt fight his own battles, he has his pets do it for him as he instantly smoke boms and stealths away. Hell he didnt even build his own guild, just took one over that a man better than himself built.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

For the record;

I will shed no tears.

Just as any good mage or necro would use the latest spells, any good dexer would arm the best weapon and acher the greatest bow; I will field the best pet I can: and I have no remorse, as none of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would expect nothing less from the guy who does nothing for himself. He doesnt fight his own battles, he has his pets do it for him as he instantly smoke boms and stealths away. Hell he didnt even build his own guild, just took one over that a man better than himself built.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's quite a zinger. If I ever had any respect for you, it is gone now.

Leave Cliff out of this as it makes you look like a total baffoon to invoke the memory of someone you did not even know, for such a stupid purpose. If you are 15, I forgive your imaturity. Otherwise, take your hatred elsewhere.

G

Oh and just for the record............

Hattori did not 'TAKE OVER MYTH AO'..............no one did, untill we decided to take a vote for a new Gm and we all VOTED upon whom we wanted to be the GM via our diplomatic democratic votes. Fair, &amp; square PERIOD, he IS GM cuz he was ELECTED to GMship, by all of us.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your respect holds little value to anyone outside your circle. Mine was lost for you long ago. You are a coward and you hide in every way possible in this game. Behind numbers, behind pets and behind your stealth template. The truth must sting a bit, eh?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the recap QZ. I have to ask if you are felling ok as you did not mention Chesapeake, your kids, or the fact that you havent played regularly in a long time and are thoroughly disgusted by the way AoS ruined your game. Cause in between your incoherent 8 paragraph rantings you call posts, thats all I am able to piece together.

G

OH well since you are so concerned ...the kids are fine !

I attended an archery competition on Chesapeake quite recently but was not able to reclaim Queen Zen's First place win from a year ago. I only came in second this year !

AOS sucked made UO an itemised game of pvp twinkies ..mho. I find other things to do though.

I play wherever I find players whom have less immature attitudes perma whinning about every one else and every one else's guilds on their shard, when I find those..here or elsewhere in UO then that is where I am found playing !

thx for ye concern !

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

I may have said this before in a post long ago, but i'll say it again anyways. The reason a pet can cast on you from one or two or three screens away (or whatever most of you claim is happening) is simple. The pet has targeted you while you are on screen, right, then most of you with your so called "super-uber" computers and connection speed, run off screen at incredible speeds causing you to be x-screens away. Well the pet has no ability to fast cast but it has still targeted you and cast it's spells. So as you run at your so-called high velocity, it may appear that the pet is still casting when in fact it has only casted on you while you were on screen. Try having a mage buddy (with zero fc) cast explosion on you, and you run off screen from him and see how far you can get before the explosion hits. As far as a bet goes, i'm betting that every guild that has a tamer will have at least one of these new dragons in the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I suppose this explains why I get flamestriked or ebolted/fireballed from screens away too...

you get a capital F or F-fort though.

=[

(no pun, its just that after 2 years of experiencing this... we know that's not the case. We wouldnt be pancakes if it was.)

When a flamestrike, a fireball and an ebolt are hitting you WAYYY after you've made it several screens away... 0 FC or anything else... is not an explanation.

Sorry bud =[

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

So you guys are not going to use them for PvP?

Thats cool, so if I am walking around with one for PvM, are you going to walk by if there are 4 of you or are you going to gank me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your guild normally PvM in the middle of luna?

Or do you want to make up some other bullcrap excuse that's going to justify why your going to be using them?

If we catch you at the bottom of a dungeon or at whatever... and you're using it. Oh well, you were using it.

We're not fielding them and a dog or runebeetle get the job done. You don't need to field them... it's a choice and we've made the choice not to unless it becomes essential to.

And lets get this straight right here right now. I'll slap any one of you upside the head on the field. We said we wouldn't use them and we won't. You can flirt with that line and since you and I both know that when you do, you'll cross it, I'll still be slapping you upside the head with or without these stupid dragons.

If your going to come here and argue about flirting with the lines we're trying to draw here... well you've [censored] it for everyone already anyways. None of you are intelligent enough, man/woman enough, or even responsible enough to just steer clear of this [censored] and show EA Mythic we want nothing to do with this stupid addition.

but yeah, you guys will still probably screw that up... maybe we shouldn't of even bothered to make it known since it's obvious you can't even get past the discussion... let alone trying to put this to practice.

Way to fail

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

For the record;

I will shed no tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's quite a zinger. If I ever had any respect for you, it is gone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

and after reading the original post quoted in this series... I can say the same about you.

and you probably care about me respecting you about as much as he does you respecting him... pretty damn sure about that.

So why don't you try respecting yourself... a bit? I still asked even though it seemed to be asking a bit much.

*shrugs*

G

I can't believe both of these posts, this one, and the one on Uhall haven't been locked already. They both degraded into pointless flaming at like page 2.

Maybe I can help! People who think these pets are a good thing for the shard and are not imbalanced are idiots who should be shot from a cannon!

lol.

G

Wow you seen me use pets in luna?
Strange, I did on one occassion.

If my pet is with me I am usually in a dungeon.
And you say i came here to start an argument.
If you both read and count, my post was not one of the first.
Get a clue.
It is a pretty rare ocassion I have anything to do with the luna fights.
I have a dragon for the purpose of dungeons.
If I start using him for PvP, it will be because I am attacked while using him.
Once that happens several times, I will stop waiting for it to happen.
You people get and angry and talk like you know something about me and my intelligence. If you want to bag on my spelling go ahead, you have some ammo there. But dont ever bash on my personal character.

Oh and you said noone outside hattoris personal circle has any respect for him.
Well once again you waive your I dont really know that much flag. I am not in his circle. I am enemies with this alliance. Yet I do have respect for the guy.
So you can get all mad and use this forum like a drunk with no friends at the bar does poor waitress that cant wait for him to go home.
But you will never get a real point out to anyone with an attitude like yours.

I

imported_Krystal

seriously, u cant get mad at a player for using a creature, template or item that osi has aloud in the game. what u need to be mad at is osi and take ur aggravation out on them. yes, a pvmer is gonna use the dragon, telling them not to is like putting the most perfect weapon or mage item in front of anyone's face and saying u cant use it! it makes u too good!
that being said, im totally against osi for allowing this super dragon to be in game. if bosses are to hard then they needed to lower thier stats not make a super monster. or else give us some higher stats. monsters shouldn't be aloud at all in pvp, but i dont think osi cares about pvp anymore, i think they trying make us all quit:/

G

<blockquote><hr>

So why don't you try respecting yourself... a bit? I still asked even though it seemed to be asking a bit much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea where your comment comes from, if it is even meant for me. But just in case; my loss of respect for the scuzzle person comes from his attempt to anger or hurt me with his reference to my dead friend. I think most people understand how this works.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lets leave your momma out of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, how old are you?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old enough to know better but still too young to care. My point wasnt to anger you by talking about your dead friend, it was to call you a coward who doesnt do anything for himself. If you check the post, I didnt slander Aeric Horn, I just said he was a better leader and man than you.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Wow you seen me use pets in luna?
Strange, I did on one occassion.

If my pet is with me I am usually in a dungeon.
And you say i came here to start an argument.
If you both read and count, my post was not one of the first.
Get a clue.
It is a pretty rare ocassion I have anything to do with the luna fights.
I have a dragon for the purpose of dungeons.
If I start using him for PvP, it will be because I am attacked while using him.
Once that happens several times, I will stop waiting for it to happen.
You people get and angry and talk like you know something about me and my intelligence. If you want to bag on my spelling go ahead, you have some ammo there. But dont ever bash on my personal character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh... what?

You were talking about who's to know when it's appropriate to use/not to use these dragons.

I was telling you that if you're going to flirt with the line, don't bother. And you confirmed it. If you die enough... you will start attacking people with it?

What?

The proper thing to do is put away the dragons and not use them... but it's obvious that the people who won't be doing this because they look for any and every cheap tactic possible - don't care.

If you did, you wouldn't even be having this discussion with me.

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and you said noone outside hattoris personal circle has any respect for him.

But you will never get a real point out to anyone with an attitude like yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have very much respect for Hattori... and it's because of his mentality and attitude towards PvP.

I think he freaking blows at it and is telling me that to hell with principles, he'll do whatever he wants in order to 'win.'

Well screw him because that's not what I believe in. Just like he doesn't believe in what I do.

Also I didn't say no one respected him outside of his social circle... that would be you misconstruing my words. Kiss my ass if you're going to play that game.

My attitude is because I can't believe how freaking pathetic you all are on the battlefield. I come from a time that you earned your stripes... not from just 'killing' your opponent but by actually beating your opponent.

Do any of you even know what the hell a duel is? The whole point of a duel is to earn and establish respect... by following the rules and truly seeing who's better than who and who's actually the winner.

Just submitting yourself to the rules and following them garners respect... something very very few of you even give a crap about. That's why so very very few of you even have any of my respect because honestly, most of you aren't anything but dog poop on the sole of my shoe... and it's because you chose to be such.

So no, he doesn't have my respect... and if you couldn't comprehend my post, I was saying it's pretty damn obvious that he doesn't have Scuzz's either.

Kapeesh?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

seriously, u cant get mad at a player for using a creature, template or item that osi has aloud in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not mad at anyone for anything...

I just find those of you who use these kinds of crutches or carry this mentality to be beneath me in terms of skill, talent and ability.

You simply don't have my respect and if I don't respect you on the field... why would I show you any respect when we're talking about fighting on the field?

How the hell doesnt that make any sense? The majority of you suck horribly at PvP to me... and honestly, it's because the majority of you don't even give a hoot about trying to prove yourselves.

You think giving another a dirtnap no matter how you do it is the most important... well to me, the effort and principles you put forth is most important... and is the only thing I will ever respect any of you for.

It's also why I don't respect a lot of you... at all.

Get it? Got it? Good.

N

Nymrod Anthes

<blockquote><hr>

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nice screen. I switched to another template on Slevin. That bok ninja stealth temp is funny to play but well what u gonna do against those many tamers without being a tamer urself...

see ya out there Tamer WARS FTW!!!!! lolz

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

I may have said this before in a post long ago, but i'll say it again anyways. The reason a pet can cast on you from one or two or three screens away (or whatever most of you claim is happening) is simple. The pet has targeted you while you are on screen, right, then most of you with your so called "super-uber" computers and connection speed, run off screen at incredible speeds causing you to be x-screens away. Well the pet has no ability to fast cast but it has still targeted you and cast it's spells. So as you run at your so-called high velocity, it may appear that the pet is still casting when in fact it has only casted on you while you were on screen. Try having a mage buddy (with zero fc) cast explosion on you, and you run off screen from him and see how far you can get before the explosion hits. As far as a bet goes, i'm betting that every guild that has a tamer will have at least one of these new dragons in the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true for delayed spells like explode. Pets can hit you with flamestrike from several screens away, player mages can not. It is NOT the same thing, and simply put this post is flat out incorrect.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

So you guys are not going to use them for PvP?

Thats cool, so if I am walking around with one for PvM, are you going to walk by if there are 4 of you or are you going to gank me?

When do you feel its ok to use them? Does someone have to wait till attacked to be considered a noble pker like your guild built of noble deeds.

Because it would truley be a travesty if you went into a fight that is not fair or close right. That is why your whole guild always take the high road I am sure.
Fair fights are what your about, hell you guys would never 4 man gank, a weak player that is all alone.

You guys are the paragons of honor and sportsmanship.
Heck I place you on a pedistel almost as high as die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument, as clever as it may seem, is the very definition of a falacy. I am not reading any KOC complaining about "fair" fights, ganking, res killing, etc. This post is about an overpowered template. You are talking about how people choose to use that template. They are two different things, you would make a good attorney though =)

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I bet that in the end all the guild will use them.
They will all claim they were not the first.
They will all say they did it cause they had to.
They will all cry.
They will blame each other.
They will blame EA.
They will do exactly what they always do.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record;

I will shed no tears.

Just as any good mage or necro would use the latest spells, any good dexer would arm the best weapon and archer the greatest bow; I will field the best pet I can: and I have no remorse, as none of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I for one, do not blame you for using it. I have used new unbalanced spells and specials (ride swipe, DS, nerve as quick examples), until they made changes to "balance" them.
However, the real question; in your heart of hearts, do you think this helps, hurts or has no affect on the balance of pvp templates?

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

seriously, u cant get mad at a player for using a creature, template or item that osi has aloud in the game. what u need to be mad at is osi and take ur aggravation out on them. yes, a pvmer is gonna use the dragon, telling them not to is like putting the most perfect weapon or mage item in front of anyone's face and saying u cant use it! it makes u too good!
that being said, im totally against osi for allowing this super dragon to be in game. if bosses are to hard then they needed to lower thier stats not make a super monster. or else give us some higher stats. monsters shouldn't be aloud at all in pvp, but i dont think osi cares about pvp anymore, i think they trying make us all quit:/

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it occured to anyone else that basically what happened is;

1) They decide big bosses are to easy, people figured out how to solo monsters,doom,etc so lets make it all harder!

2) Oops! We made it to hard! I KNOW!!! We can just quickly make up an uber pet so that it is once again easier to go solo all the things we just made more difficult.

Affectivly putting us right back where we started, except they royally screwed up pvp in the process. Think of all the time wasted!!!! This time coulda been spent fixing things! I'm beginning to think OSI has been takin over by the Bush administration.

G

<blockquote><hr>

However, the real question; in your heart of hearts, do you think this helps, hurts or has no affect on the balance of pvp templates?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get all the drama about tamers in general and about the dragons (even thoo i havent seen them in action). but i remember running around with instakill templates like bushido archer or wordofdeatharchers back in the day, and i doubt its that bad now because of the dragon. a beetle mare combo still is stronger than a new dragon from the numbers ive seen/heard.

to get back to your question thoo, it definitely helps as in if you dont use them, nothing will get changed and the imbalance keeps existing, however on the short term it will hurt pvp balance as there exists an imbalance. on the long run thoo it wont affect balance at all, it will just change to another template being cried about.

just as a little sidecomment thoo, im not sure what changed, but most people in koc i played with never had a problem playing an imbalanced template, quite a few actually built their templates around those and are also using them atm. and how ganking and resskilling is more fair game than choosing your template well, im really not sure about.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

just as a little sidecomment thoo, im not sure what changed, but most people in koc i played with never had a problem playing an imbalanced template, quite a few actually built their templates around those and are also using them atm. and how ganking and resskilling is more fair game than choosing your template well, im really not sure about.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to the title of this particular post, I understand what you're saying.
It just seems that everytime I argue that taming is unbalnced and needs a few changes, people try to SPIN it into an argument about playstyle, strategy, ethics, attitude, etc. This has nothing to do with who did what. Why does everyone keep trying to throw tamer discussions off track?
Stop trying to change the subject and give me a logical reason that we should have one template and set up, that no other template can kill one vs one.

G

we had plenty of taming discussion threads that went well. what am saying is that atm it doesnt even matter too much about the taming issue itself, its all about who does what.

<blockquote><hr>

Stop trying to change the subject and give me a logical reason that we should have one template and set up, that no other template can kill one vs one.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not trying to change the subject, just look at what the thread is about. about taming, i never said its balanced. saying that no other template can kill a tamer one vs one however is completely incorrect. either the reason is stealth or the reason is just plain running away, both times it has nothing to do with taming itself. numberous people (that were on the pvp focus group) including me tried to get way more tamerchanges into the pvppublish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do any of you even know what the hell a duel is? The whole point of a duel is to earn and establish respect... by following the rules and truly seeing who's better than who and who's actually the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play your game, I will play mine. I don't have any desire to duel. I am in factions because it has the closest thing to the battle elements I am looking for in a game. I don't see this as a one-on-one game; I play it as a group strategy game. I don't ask you to join my play style and don't intend to join yours.

I don't profess winning at any cost. I don't condone cheating. The only way someone wins is when they play within the rules of the game; I do that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

we had plenty of taming discussion threads that went well. what am saying is that atm it doesnt even matter too much about the taming issue itself, its all about who does what.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

im not trying to change the subject, just look at what the thread is about. about taming, i never said its balanced. saying that no other template can kill a tamer one vs one however is completely incorrect. either the reason is stealth or the reason is just plain running away, both times it has nothing to do with taming itself. numberous people (that were on the pvp focus group) including me tried to get way more tamerchanges into the pvppublish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Shakaja, I wish this post had stayed on track too. I posted the unpopular position in an effort to foster the discussion and got vehemently attacked. I feel the need to respond to some of the insulting attacks, so this thread is probably unsalvageable. So will be any new one posted in this forum on the subject. Too many people lack the maturity to have adult conversations.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You play your game, I will play mine. I don't have any desire to duel. I am in factions because it has the closest thing to the battle elements I am looking for in a game. I don't see this as a one-on-one game; I play it as a group strategy game. I don't ask you to join my play style and don't intend to join yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't blame me for having no respect for you on the battle field.... so why not stop complaining about how I don't.

But earning the respect of others means jack diddly squat to the most of the people who play UO now-a-days and being from the old guard... it's crystal clear to me why PvP isn't even a shadow of what it used to be.

<blockquote><hr>

I don't profess winning at any cost. I don't condone cheating. The only way someone wins is when they play within the rules of the game; I do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment on this BS.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I bet that in the end all the guild will use them.
They will all claim they were not the first.
They will all say they did it cause they had to.
They will all cry.
They will blame each other.
They will blame EA.
They will do exactly what they always do.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record;

I will shed no tears.

Just as any good mage or necro would use the latest spells, any good dexer would arm the best weapon and archer the greatest bow; I will field the best pet I can: and I have no remorse, as none of them have.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I for one, do not blame you for using it. I have used new unbalanced spells and specials (ride swipe, DS, nerve as quick examples), until they made changes to "balance" them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is part of the balance. To those who don't use it, it definitely is not liked. For those who like it, it has great merit. Offense for a stealth/tamer comes from the pets (almost entirely). Defense comes from the ability to quickly hide and stealth away. This presents a complex attack strategy that has many counter strategies.

I think the game needs to have things more than the chase and hit (with spells or weapons) elements. I don’t teleport, others use it as a significant defensive maneuver. Just because that allows someone to get away or to pop in and kill another character does not make it bad for the game.

My observation is that people tend to dislike the stealth/tamer no so much because that template allows insta-killing (it does not against someone with basic skills, minimal armor and reasonably built template). They are hated because of their defensive ability. I hear a lot of people say, “you are a coward if you run stealth.” To me this is no less simplistic than saying, “you are a coward if you run resist, parry, bushido (etc).” These are defensive skills that a stealth/tamer can’t have in his template because there is no room. As a Samurai swordsman has no room for hiding and stealth.

So, my answer is, yes it is good for the balance of PVP. It is not liked because it is complex to defend and stealth tamers can be hard to kill, particularly alone. I die most often when I am in the middle of a KOC group trying to pick someone off. They are good against any template. I don’t die when I go against groups of 2-3 characters that are not good at killing tamers. This is the same for all templates. We have damn good mages and dexxers on this shard that are hard as hell to kill and who kill many times, let’s not say their template is bad for the game because they are good at what they do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Righty about dueling a tamer one-v-one. He can kill one in a duel. Now, that does not mean lock a tamer and a mage or dexer in a room and see who wins (the tamer will). But in an open field, the sides are pretty much equal. The stealther can of course sneak away, the other char can simply run off. But if they both stay to fight in an open area, it is not unbalanced at all. In fact one-v-one in an open field with the ability to run pets off screen and come back for hits, the tamer will run out of pet summons before any decent fighter or mage runs out of regs or wears out a sword or bow.

G

All this crying about stealth tamers gives me a warm fuzzy feeling...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Old enough to know better but still too young to care. My point wasnt to anger you by talking about your dead friend, it was to call you a coward who doesnt do anything for himself. If you check the post, I didnt slander Aeric Horn, I just said he was a better leader and man than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple little people can say they hate me or don't respect Hattori all they want in this forum. Hell, if you are some sort of mental patient, you can say you hate me in real life.

Coming from people who lose regularly to me and my alliance; nastiness is expected. If the friends in my alliance or in other alliances said these things to me, it would have some level of impact personally because then it would have a human element for me. From the rest of you (like the scuzzle person) it is sometimes funny to watch, though it can get tedious, like an endless stand-up routine full of hatred.

Some of you have really odd images of yourselves and of the game which cause you to come here and spread hatred. I don’t really like it, but it sometimes it is comical, as I already noted. Whether that is out of frustration from losing, jealousy, or just because you are unhappy people does not matter to me. Since I don’t know you personally, I don’t have to feel bad for you over how idiotic some of your posts are, no matter how much people are snickering at you.

The scuzzle person’s post that I originally responded to in this thread is a perfect example of a hate post with no merit outside of the side-show freakishness of it. I feel no pity for him in the gloriously obvious stupidity of his comments. If I knew him, I might have to take him aside and counsel him on this issue in an attempt to save him further embarrassment. He can continue to make a fool of himself as far as I am concerned and any other troll that wants to jump on board can do so at no cost to me.

However, you would do yourself some justice scuzzle person if you leave real life dead friends out of it, no matter what your point or motive may be. It demeans your own self.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple little people can say they hate me or don't respect Hattori all they want in this forum. Hell, if you are some sort of mental patient, you can say you hate me in real life.

Coming from people who lose regularly to me and my alliance; nastiness is expected. If the friends in my alliance or in other alliances said these things to me, it would have some level of impact personally because then it would have a human element for me. From the rest of you (like the scuzzle person) it is sometimes funny to watch, though it can get tedious, like an endless stand-up routine full of hatred.

Some of you have really odd images of yourselves and of the game which cause you to come here and spread hatred. I don’t really like it, but it sometimes it is comical, as I already noted. Whether that is out of frustration from losing, jealousy, or just because you are unhappy people does not matter to me. Since I don’t know you personally, I don’t have to feel bad for you over how idiotic some of your posts are, no matter how much people are snickering at you.

The scuzzle person’s post that I originally responded to in this thread is a perfect example of a hate post with no merit outside of the side-show freakishness of it. I feel no pity for him in the gloriously obvious stupidity of his comments. If I knew him, I might have to take him aside and counsel him on this issue in an attempt to save him further embarrassment. He can continue to make a fool of himself as far as I am concerned and any other troll that wants to jump on board can do so at no cost to me.

However, you would do yourself some justice scuzzle person if you leave real life dead friends out of it, no matter what your point or motive may be. It demeans your own self.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Butters is simply frustrated because quite simply, your alliance is a bunch of hypocrites. All the crying about stealth tamers from your own side of the fence these days, yet in the final days of WAKA the most complaints I heard in vent were about TNT/TNA tamers in PvP. Shortly after that, most of them quit UO. I belive Hugi, Butters, Spree, and myself still play on a regular to semi-regular basis, but the rest of 'em got tired of *your* alliances tactics and quit. To hear folks (not you personally, you advocate stealth taming, duh!) from your side of the fence talking about how stealth tamers in PvP drive players from the shard just gives me a feeling of irony.

However, maybe he just doesn't like you.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Coming from people who lose regularly to me and my alliance; nastiness is expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know who you're talkin about here, cause I sure as hell dont die to you or your circle of flamers very often. If I ever died to you it was after a Krystal dismount and about 3 other players throwing down on me.

<blockquote><hr>

However, maybe he just doesn't like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll just go with this one. Its easiest for him to understand. I say to hell with him and his friends, dead or alive. Anybody who's opinion matters to me are either in my guild or dont play this game any more. Anyone else's opinion of me is simply irrelevent.

G

It is my opinion that the use of pets as a pvp tool is cheese, the ability to ninja/stealth with pets compounds that.

For those that don't know what cheese is, its best used to describe virtually unstoppable plays in video football games. Quite simply, for whatever reason, within games like Madden and NCAA football 2008, there are certain plays that have such a high chance of success when an opponent does nothing but run these plays, it's cheese.

Such as back in Madden 05 or 06, Jerome Bettis would just fall forward 3-4 yards every time he was tackled. So all you had to do was run Bettis up the middle, let him get tackled on the line of scrimmage, you'd get 3-4 yards, do this every time virtual guaranteed first down.

If you bought into this style of gameplay, you and your opponent would simply just pick Pittsburgh, run Bettis up the middle every play, and the game would come down to the same offensive play vs the same defensive play and whoever randomly fumbled the least would win. What is the fun in that?

People would argue the exact same thing that is being argued here. Well if the developers let it in the game, damn well I'm going to use it. But I call cheese.

I would simply refuse to play against cheese opponents, particularly anyone who selected Pittsburgh as their team.

Well in this game, unfortunately, you can't pick and choose who you play with like you could in Madden. Nonetheless, I still try and avoid stealth/ninja/tamers as much as possible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The whole point of a duel is to earn and establish respect... by following the rules and truly seeing who's better than who and who's actually the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

just for the sake of an earlier discussion, you realize that dont gain the smallest possible bit of respect by the way you setup the rules? you dont truely see whos better than who if you disallow everything possible that you dont want to use and do. only being able to fight one very specific template has nothing to do with skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is my opinion that the use of pets as a pvp tool is cheese, the ability to ninja/stealth with pets compounds that.

For those that don't know what cheese is, its best used to describe virtually unstoppable plays in video football games. Quite simply, for whatever reason, within games like Madden and NCAA football 2008, there are certain plays that have such a high chance of success when an opponent does nothing but run these plays, it's cheese.

Such as back in Madden 05 or 06, Jerome Bettis would just fall forward 3-4 yards every time he was tackled. So all you had to do was run Bettis up the middle, let him get tackled on the line of scrimmage, you'd get 3-4 yards, do this every time virtual guaranteed first down.

If you bought into this style of gameplay, you and your opponent would simply just pick Pittsburgh, run Bettis up the middle every play, and the game would come down to the same offensive play vs the same defensive play and whoever randomly fumbled the least would win. What is the fun in that?

People would argue the exact same thing that is being argued here. Well if the developers let it in the game, damn well I'm going to use it. But I call cheese.

I would simply refuse to play against cheese opponents, particularly anyone who selected Pittsburgh as their team.

Well in this game, unfortunately, you can't pick and choose who you play with like you could in Madden. Nonetheless, I still try and avoid stealth/ninja/tamers as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wotta surprise, an EA game

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The whole point of a duel is to earn and establish respect... by following the rules and truly seeing who's better than who and who's actually the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

just for the sake of an earlier discussion, you realize that dont gain the smallest possible bit of respect by the way you setup the rules? you dont truely see whos better than who if you disallow everything possible that you dont want to use and do. only being able to fight one very specific template has nothing to do with skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

How well you can fight with one specific template has everything to do with skill... and the only way you can judge how good you are at that template is comparing your abilities versus another player playing the same template with the same set-up.

If everything is pretty much equal then the only determining factor is the players ability to play that character aka player skill (and I know you hinge on the fact that everything can't be equal.)

BUT you can set it up so that the differences in specs, template and items are so negligable that they don't matter that much (in the past you actually could make them the exact same...)

The only thing left is connection and even then, in the past when everything was the same, I could still stomp out people while being on dial up even though they were on broadband/cable... just testifying once more how superior skill can be highlighted. Nanoseconds don't matter... gear and templates do.

Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors PvP which you suggest doesn't tell you squat about who's better... all it tells you is that you picked Rock while someone else picked Paper. Why not just flip a coin instead since it's the same thing...?

How doesn't this make sense?

It's the whole purpose behind dueling...

Edit: When two people can put aside the advantages they otherwise might or might not have against each other and really get to the gritty... there's a lot of respect to be given to those willing to see who's truly the better of the two... even to the lesser one of the two.

It takes a lot of machismo to lay your reputation and skill on the line. Sure you might be able to slaughter droves with your l33t setup... but you'll never best the skill another player possesses unless you have more of it yourself.

It's the same kind of respect that can be garnered if you're on the battlefield and encounter someone solo... if you call in the gank for the guaranteed victory... you get no respect and give none, but if you duke it out... you do.

This is also one of the reasons that if you constantly run away off screen from an opponent cause your health gets low when you're engaged in a 1v1 battle... (taking advantage of your connection) you also are proving that they are better than you since without that advantage... you'd have lost.

One reason why duels are conducted in an enclosed arena (you can't run away) and another reason why duels require the same item/template specs for both players.

This is a 10 year old code of conduct and code of honor that was developed in this game... Do you think I just make this stuff up or something?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How well you can fight with one specific template has everything to do with skill... and the only way you can judge how good you are at that template is comparing your abilities versus another player playing the same template with the same set-up.

If everything is pretty much equal then the only determining factor is the players ability to play that character aka player skill (and I know you hinge on the fact that everything can't be equal.)

BUT you can set it up so that the differences in specs, template and items are so negligable that they don't matter that much (in the past you actually could make them the exact same...)

The only thing left is connection and even then, in the past when everything was the same, I could still stomp out people while being on dial up even though they were on broadband/cable... just testifying once more how superior skill can be highlighted. Nanoseconds don't matter... gear and templates do.

Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors PvP which you suggest doesn't tell you squat about who's better... all it tells you is that you picked Rock while someone else picked Paper. Why not just flip a coin instead since it's the same thing...?

How doesn't this make sense?

It's the whole purpose behind dueling...

Edit: When two people can put aside the advantages they otherwise might or might not have against each other and really get to the gritty... there's a lot of respect to be given to those willing to see who's truly the better of the two... even to the lesser one of the two.

It takes a lot of machismo to lay your reputation and skill on the line. Sure you might be able to slaughter droves with your l33t setup... but you'll never best the skill another player possesses unless you have more of it yourself.

It's the same kind of respect that can be garnered if you're on the battlefield and encounter someone solo... if you call in the gank for the guaranteed victory... you get no respect and give none, but if you duke it out... you do.

This is also one of the reasons that if you constantly run away off screen from an opponent cause your health gets low when you're engaged in a 1v1 battle... (taking advantage of your connection) you also are proving that they are better than you since without that advantage... you'd have lost.

One reason why duels are conducted in an enclosed arena (you can't run away) and another reason why duels require the same item/template specs for both players.

This is a 10 year old code of conduct and code of honor that was developed in this game... Do you think I just make this stuff up or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have saved this for nomination as the funniest post of the year.

G

i guess smashing buttons is the only factor for skills, things like different strategies/tactics, analyzing your enemy and the situation and spotting a weakness, find a good balance between offense and defense and lots more stuff are things that dont make the difference between two players skills. its all about smashing who can cast the same

ahhh now it makes more sense:

<blockquote><hr>

and the only way you can judge how good you are at that template

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess there lies the difference, i dont think duelling is seeing whos better, not whos better at a specific template against under a specific ruleset with specific this and specific that. and adjusting the rules enough, you can always get better than someone else.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i see i see, and eventhoo id like you to name 3 examples where one template has a default win against another template lets not even talk about that for now. lets talk about your favorite duellingruleset, mage vs mage without any weaponskill or additional skill, just casting spells. now isnt choosing which spell you cast exactly your rock paper scissor game, just with the little twist that you dont have to wait for the other guy to show his sign and can just either wait for him to show what he choose and choose the beating one quick enough or just keep signing away hoping he doesnt get the right counters off?

<blockquote><hr>

there's a lot of respect to be given to those willing to see who's truly the better of the two

[/ QUOTE ]

i will never respect anyone for practising smashing the right button at the right time more. i can go play guitar hero or ddr if i want to do that.
the only respect i could bring up is for someone who usually plays something completely different but is willing to try fighting someone who sets the rule to what he played for the past 10 years.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know about you, but I dont smash any of my buttons, I lightly press the keys. But as far as your comment goes, what the hell do you think tamers do? Press button, use item pet ball. Press button, say "all kill". Press button, use item smoke bomb. The game practically plays the template for you. Now if the tamer gave commands of spells the pets were to cast, that would be some serious skill. Fluffy - cast flamestrike. Fluffy - cast paralyze. Fluffy - get the [censored] outta dodge here comes a discorder.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

i guess smashing buttons is the only factor for skills, things like different strategies/tactics, analyzing your enemy and the situation and spotting a weakness, find a good balance between offense and defense and lots more stuff are things that dont make the difference between two players skills. its all about smashing who can cast the same

ahhh now it makes more sense:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because just mashing buttons means you can't display strategies/tactics or analyzing your enemy or the situation and spotting weaknesses...[/sarcasm

ever think of how and when you mash those buttons and which buttons your exactly mashing... forget it, you're not going to get it even if moses himself came down from a mountain with this stuff written in stone so I'm not even going to waste my breath any more than I already have.

no, I'm sorry but you're completely wrong.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

i see i see, and eventhoo id like you to name 3 examples where one template has a default win against another template lets not even talk about that for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 examples where 1...? What?

How about 1 example...?

You grab a mage and I'll grab a 4/6 chiv dexer and you tell me this isn't rock paper scissors...

Or do you not see the irony in the fact that you can't even run certain templates without your blessed orny anymore...

and you want to sit here and tell me the items or set up of a character don't matter to it's effectiveness against other character types!?!? (read this sentence carefully because if you say it does... then how is that not rock, paper, scissors...?)

get the [censored] outta here....

G

and mages on the field use curse, explo, fs, para and gheal/mheal. (arent you with koc now? if so you should know fs up by now). thats soooo many more buttons and it requires so much coordination getting the flamestrike off all at the same time, its way way harder than a dismounter popping out followed by 2 tamers petballing their stuff in and sicking it on someone

Status
Not open for further replies.